Battle of Waterloo Attack on La Haye Sainte Farm by Old Collingwood - 1/56 (28mm)

Thank you for all the nice comments  guys.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Evening all,     thank you for all the wishes,   I decided  to do  abit more  as sitting around  watching rubbish tv  was driving me up the wall,    so   - I decided to carry on with the scenery/hedges/orchard grass  areas,  first  I  hacked the hedge  then added a few different  sprinkles, then I cut the remaining grass  strip, then  started to blend the are in  with different  grass  sprinkles.

Getting there  I think.

OC.

IMG_0037.JPG

IMG_0038.JPG

IMG_0039.JPG

IMG_0041.JPG

Current builds  

Completed works.

No worries on the models, OC, but some worries about you.  I hope you can stay on top of this along with the docs.

The hedgerow area is looking good and well used.   BTW, you're not having an allergic reaction to the grass, etc. on the model are you?  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

5 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

No worries on the models, OC, but some worries about you.  I hope you can stay on top of this along with the docs.

The hedgerow area is looking good and well used.   BTW, you're not having an allergic reaction to the grass, etc. are you?  

Thank you kindly  Mark,   think you hit the nail on the head  - I do suffer from Hay Fever😁

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

2 minutes ago, Old Collingwood said:

Thank you kindly  Mark,   think you hit the nail on the head  - I do suffer from Hay Fever😁

OC.

Try an antihistomine then.  But then, I don't know what your hedgerows are made of.  If real plants, it's possible.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

hope you are feeling better this evening

the diorama is looking fantastic

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

MHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

Hercules by Kevin - OcCre - 1/50 - Tugboat - Finished - May 2024

Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

6 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

Try an antihistomine then.  But then, I don't know what your hedgerows are made of.  If real plants, it's possible.

Sorry  Mark  my sense of humour.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

1 minute ago, Kevin said:

hope you are feeling better this evening

the diorama is looking fantastic

Thank you  Kevin,    I'm on anti biotics  they will do there job, on other  vitamins also,   its  already  better than it was.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

The grass area looks great, unkempt, slightly muddy, and generally trodden down!! The hedge is just about right, a hint of Beechers Brook jump at Aintree after 30 odd horses have jumped it. Fab scenic work!😉

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

19 minutes ago, Edwardkenway said:

The grass area looks great, unkempt, slightly muddy, and generally trodden down!! The hedge is just about right, a hint of Beechers Brook jump at Aintree after 30 odd horses have jumped it. Fab scenic work!😉

Thank you so much Edward.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Later  to day will be playing with some plastic trees  trying to make them look  lifelike,   will  try a few ideas  form some  vids  I  watched, these ones are quite  bland looking  - they diidn't  look to bad while they were still wrapped  inside an envelope  but when I took them out  "dear o dear".

Anyone have any ideas  to stop that horrible indigestion  that anti biotics can cause  - taking them with  milk and food  as the admiral  advised, but the  gas is horrible.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

For chronic heartburn sufferers like me the “acid blocking” pills have been revolutionary.  Here in the USA these pills go by the names Prilosec, Nexium, etc.  Originally requiring a Doctor’s prescription they are now available here in the US without one.  Check with your chemist.

Roger

23 minutes ago, Roger Pellett said:

For chronic heartburn sufferers like me the “acid blocking” pills have been revolutionary.  Here in the USA these pills go by the names Prilosec, Nexium, etc.  Originally requiring a Doctor’s prescription they are now available here in the US without one.  Check with your chemist.

Roger

Thank you  Roger, its weird  my anti biotics  say not to take any  acid blockers  for less that Two hours  after taking them.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Great work, and get well soon 👍

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Like Jack says, OC. The antibiotics do a number on us as they fight the "bug".  The antacids can cancel out the antibiotics when taken too soon. I have this on solid medical authority, my Admiral the Registered Nurse.

Your fields and hedges are really coming along nicely. Looks a lot like the pasture across the road from me.

For your trees, you might try a spray can of inexpensive hair spray on the bare stems. Do the spraying outside; it can be smelly.  Have a couple of small boxes of your leaf materials to hand. Pick up a pinch of one color and sprinkle it onto the stem. Start dark and work out with lighter colors.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

9 hours ago, Baker said:

Great work, and get well soon 👍

Thank you kindly Patrick.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

5 hours ago, Jack12477 said:

OC,  try taking a Probiotic. The antibiotics kill the good bacteria in your gut. You need to replace them.

Thank you  Jack.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

3 hours ago, Canute said:

Like Jack says, OC. The antibiotics do a number on us as they fight the "bug".  The antacids can cancel out the antibiotics when taken too soon. I have this on solid medical authority, my Admiral the Registered Nurse.

Your fields and hedges are really coming along nicely. Looks a lot like the pasture across the road from me.

For your trees, you might try a spray can of inexpensive hair spray on the bare stems. Do the spraying outside; it can be smelly.  Have a couple of small boxes of your leaf materials to hand. Pick up a pinch of one color and sprinkle it onto the stem. Start dark and work out with lighter colors.

Thank you  so much  Ken,       I have a bunch  of those  pre cast plastic trees   they do look  a bit  naff  but  I should be able  to work on them,

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

6 hours ago, Canute said:

AMEN!

My Admiral the nurse seconds this treatment...

Very nice landscaping brother... Keep going....

This is the ticket to outstanding trees, the only thing I could add is paint your tree trunks and lower branches first... then when you apply the hairspray, use a cloth to wrap the painted parts and only spray the upper branch ball...

It goes quick, lightly spray, and bounce around in the dark leaves, let dry, when dry, lightly spray and lightly bounce around in the lighter leaves...

You will be amazed at the results, best part about it, you can still shape the branches afterwards if you need to with a pair of needlenose... Old model railroaders technique... (and you can do almost any type or size tree with it)

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

Evening all,   change of plan  - instead of doing the trees, I decided to  paint the next batch of 2nd KGL  that had been primed  -  so  my normal work flow is to put the first skin layer on the faces and hands  - so Two thin layers of  light pink.

OC.

IMG_0042.JPG

Current builds  

Completed works.

Next stage will be the Earth washes  then a slight Red/Pink on the cheeks  followed by a slightly lighter shade for the nose and chins.

OC.

Edited by Old Collingwood

Current builds  

Completed works.

1 hour ago, king derelict said:

It still amazes me how much detail you can bring to those tiny faces. Its excellent painting. The hedges and the field look really good now; that a bedraggled country hedge now

Get well quickly

Alan

Thank you so much Alan.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

glad to see your getting better OC.......I take probiotics when I have to take antibiotics........last time had me runn'in to the lavi on a regular basis ;)   good it hasn't stopped you either...nice work on the current regiment.  use the time to think about the trees........like what Miagi {spelling.....whatever}........think tree  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

2 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

glad to see your getting better OC.......I take probiotics when I have to take antibiotics........last time had me runn'in to the lavi on a regular basis ;)   good it hasn't stopped you either...nice work on the current regiment.  use the time to think about the trees........like what Miagi {spelling.....whatever}........think tree  ;) 

Thank you kindly Denis,     got a good routine I take my Two antibiotics  with milk with my meal  and  leave it at that, as the indigestion at night was horrible,   its A lot better than it was a week a go.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Incredible work on the diorama!  Those hedges and field look amazing!  Very nicely done on the figures!

Antibiotics aren’t any fun!  I hope you get to feeling better!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

2 hours ago, GrandpaPhil said:

Incredible work on the diorama!  Those hedges and field look amazing!  Very nicely done on the figures!

Antibiotics aren’t any fun!  I hope you get to feeling better!

Thank you kindly Phil.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Evening all,   more work  this evening  - starting to give the guys some details  - 

OC.

IMG_0043.JPG

IMG_0044.JPG

Current builds  

Completed works.