That's a very impressive model, Nic! I would love to see a series of close-up photos of it.

Bob Garcia

"Measure once, cuss twice!"

Current Builds: 

Hms Brig-Sloop Flirt 1782 - Vanguard Models

Pen Duick - Artesania Latina 1:28

Completed: Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Co. 

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

Very nice model, Nic!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, dkuehn said:

Didn't stop in as I'm the only one interested in model boats (5 of us were in the car)

If I ever get up that way, there is zero possibility that I will just drive by and snap a pic. 😋  I will declare some kind of travel emergency that simply demands a pit stop of several hours' duration. Of course, I have lived in South Carolina for seven years now and have so far never driven farther north than Charlotte, so a road trip to New England would seem an unlikely event.

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane

I finalized (if there is such a thing as finalizing...😁) the plans for OREGON today.  There are two large (about 28" x 40") sheets and forty 11" x 17" spiral-bound sheets.  This is a much-reduced copy of the second large sheet, the other being the General Arrangement above. 

MAIN DECK.jpg

Edited by alross2

Nic, that Wyoming is one spectacular model.  I wonder how it got its name.  I've driven through Wyoming a number of times, and I've never seen a maritime museum there.  I understand it's maritime history is pretty scant.  🙂

Also, nice work on the new website.

Tom

________________________________________________________________________________________

Current build::    Shackleton's Endurance -- OcCre  

Completed:    

USS Constitution cross section  -- Model Shipways         Peterboro Canoe -- Midwest Models             Bluenose -- Artesania Latina

Joshua Slocumb’s Spray -- BlueJacket                                J Boat Endeavor -- Amati                                 Other     Wright Flyer -- Model Airways

Yacht America -- Model Shipways                                         Brig Niagara -- Model Shipways                                     Sopwith Camel -- Hasegawa

20 hours ago, Tomculb said:

Nic, that Wyoming is one spectacular model.  I wonder how it got its name.  I've driven through Wyoming a number of times, and I've never seen a maritime museum there.  I understand it's maritime history is pretty scant.  🙂

Also, nice work on the new website.

Thanks for the website compliment. There's still some minor bloops to correct.

As for the Wyoming, this is an interesting chronology: