HMS PEGASUS by giampieroricci - Scale 1:36 - Swan-Class Sloop from plans by David Antscherl & Greg Herbert

18 hours ago, yvesvidal said:

Giampiero,

Will you be keeping the top of the hull black or will you paint it Royal Blue for the background of the friezes, as many models have suggested?

pegasus.jpg.3206a88b742c6f36718af312634628d5.jpg

Yves

honestly, I don't really like the original coloring of the model. I prefer to use natural wood colors, but I finished my ebony stocks .....

This is incredibly fantastic work and very inspirational ! I look forward to following the rest of your build 👍

-‐-‐--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Build Hayling Hoy 1760 - First POF scratch build

Completed HMB Endeavour's Longboat by Artesania Latina

Completed HM Armed Cutter Alert by Vanguard Models

Completed 18ft cutter and 34ft launch by Vanguard Models

Completed Pen Duick by Artesania Latina

Hi Giampiero - Mate you are a “Machine”. First the beautiful “L'Amarante” at 1:30 then you follow it up with the superb “La Venus at 1:96 and to just to make it a bit more interesting you launch her in 12 months no less.

And without taking a breath here we are already on page 3 of your HMS Pegasus build log, 7588 nails later (you haven't got any of Santas Elves working off-season in your workshop have you? ). Mate that’s what gets you the title of a “Machine” down my way 🙂 – all absolutely beautiful work that I admire each time I read a post. -  

No pressure but we are expecting perfection this time 😉 Stay safe Cheers Pete

Edited by PeteB
typo

This, of course, the reason we build navy board style. if you planked below the wales you'd be trunneling until next Christmas.

Amazing progress this year Giampiero. Happy Holidays and we look forward to next years progress!

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

moderator Echo Cross-section build
Admiralty Models Cross-section Build

Finished build
Pegasus, 1776, cross-section

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

9 hours ago, PeteB said:

Hi Giampiero - Mate you are a “Machine”. First the beautiful “L'Amarante” at 1:30 then you follow it up with the superb “La Venus at 1:96 and to just to make it a bit more interesting you launch her in 12 months no less.

And without taking a breath here we are already on page 3 of your HMS Pegasus build log, 7588 nails later (you haven't got any of Santas Elves working off-season in your workshop have you? ). Mate that’s what gets you the title of a “Machine” down my way 🙂 – all absolutely beautiful work that I admire each time I read a post. -  

No pressure but we are expecting perfection this time 😉 Stay safe Cheers Pete

Pete, your words fill me with pride, but I must give you a disappointment: perfection, if there is one, is only a dream to be achieved, perhaps in another life! All I can say is that I'm doing my best to build a model that lives up to David and Greg's work ... 🙂

a few more steps forward:

210.jpg.eb72bec097806401289142c140df1b29.jpg

211.jpg.d49c9a0b09eef15dfc3bed8fb58b2db5.jpg

212.jpg.134d3e13853f1e1decb1a3849b689742.jpg

213.jpg.e7b3a35eb48debdd4a31c798cd24ff33.jpg

214.jpg.2ab7f49634188f05d2882be5aab90d91.jpg

Absolutely beautiful, Gampiero. Looks like you created mortises for those horseshoe and dovetail plates as well! Could you place a ruler next to the hull in the next photos so we can get a better idea of her size. I've never seen one larger than 1:48 scale?

Edited by dvm27

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

moderator Echo Cross-section build
Admiralty Models Cross-section Build

Finished build
Pegasus, 1776, cross-section

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

6 hours ago, dvm27 said:

Absolutely beautiful, Gampiero. Looks like you created mortises for those horseshoe and dovetail plates as well! Could you place a ruler next to the hull in the next photos so we can get a better idea of her size. I've never seen one larger than 1:48 scale?

Yes, horseshoe and dovetail are mortised, as you indicated me with mail, and for this I thank you: if I hadn't known I probably I wouldn't have done it

6 hours ago, dvm27 said: