Submarine project by RGL - FINISHED - 1/350 - PLASTIC - Type VII, Type 033, USS Growler, HMS Collins, Wuhan Class

Looks like they're already in work. Like Carl sez, what's the goal of your project?

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

31 minutes ago, RGL said:

It’s an exercise in weathering in very small scale, so start with the crappiest kit (the Micrmir one has a ton of flash and misaligned parts and even a few missing bits to the Collins class which has a bow configuration that is wrong. 

That makes sense to me.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

OK, practice on something you're not heavily invested in, like a CV with all the aftermarket. 👍

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

On 5/23/2022 at 2:51 AM, RGL said:

It’s an exercise in weathering in very small scale, so start with the crappiest kit (the Micrmir one has a ton of flash and misaligned parts and even a few missing bits to the Collins class which has a bow configuration that is wrong. 

So you mean something like this ...

5b2a1bce8c959_IMG_3601copy.thumb.jpg.17a7f09b5374ce5f7a42689c9ebfcff0.jpg5b2a1bdc25300_IMG_3603copy.thumb.jpg.1682f133e4eea94e075fdc71dabddb05.jpg5b2b6fecc6769_IMG_3606copy.thumb.jpg.f0c8a7b1c9a7ffa98e244e52891af308.jpg5b2b6ff94d895_IMG_3615copy.thumb.jpg.1e867ca2333655aa010acfecaa92443e.jpg

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

I have been looking for that kit, I already bought the hospital ship - Hikawa Maru - but couldn't find this one anymore on fleabay. Lucky man. I bought the 1:700 fo make a diorama at that scale with those two subs I showed in my previous post.

Carl

what a brilliant idea love the Heian Maru would look great in a bigger scale

Edited by Kevin

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

6 hours ago, cog said:

I have been looking for that kit, I already bought the hospital ship - Hikawa Maru - but couldn't find this one anymore on fleabay. Lucky man. I bought the 1:700 fo make a diorama at that scale with those two subs I showed in my previous post.

Hasegawa 40082 IJN Submarine DEPOT Ship Heian Maru 1/350 Scale Kit for sale online | eBay

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

15 hours ago, Kevin said:

Thanks Kevin, but far to expensive. I looked at aussie ebay - since RGL got his at just AU$ 100 -  and found a kit in France(!) for a mere 148.00 Euro, and 18.90 postage. Nevertheless, thanks for mentioning it.

Carl

1 hour ago, cog said:

Thanks Kevin, but far to expensive. I looked at aussie ebay - since RGL got his at just AU$ 100 -  and found a kit in France(!) for a mere 148.00 Euro, and 18.90 postage. Nevertheless, thanks for mentioning it.

i love guys who work in 1/350 much more variety out there in that scale, but to small for me, but my preferred scales are to large for diorama's as a rule

and yes it is expensive, that link i sent

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Ok back the subs, a primer coat on each. The Growler kit is incredibly poor, so many alignment issues life is too short. This will be the first of the ‘mule’ kits as I cannot be bothered spending hours and hours on filling the horrendous gaps. It’s a cool kit concept but rubbish. 

94AECCD2-1623-4DDF-9997-8B54E46C28C1.jpeg

Edited by RGL

Greg

1/72nd will be different for you. Should be interesting to see what you do with the extra size.

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

shame about the growler kit

good luck with the new 1/72

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Pause it?????  Just as I found it?????  As the car ad used to say Bu.......r!   A very interesting concept and I am looking forward to how you attacked these Greg.  I look forward to the bigger project though.

cheers

Pat  

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

On 5/31/2022 at 2:45 AM, BANYAN said:

Pause it?????  Just as I found it?????  As the car ad used to say Bu.......r!   A very interesting concept and I am looking forward to how you attacked these Greg.  I look forward to the bigger project though.

cheers

Pat  

You know what he is like, Pat. Especially if builds do not go fast enough laugh2.gif.b208ed4bdafd78221f8eb5abad01638c.gif

Carl

• 5 months later...

Hope all went well mate, both the trip (all models arrived and returned safely), and the show?

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)