Handley Page Heyford by RGL - FINISHED - Matchbox - 1/72

RGL

It's turned to be a great model, all power to you!!

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

A rare bird and very well done.  Congrats.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

5 minutes ago, CDW said:

This makes sense. The German Gotha bomber was built similarly.

@RGL, just found your log. Happily following along.

I did a little further reading, apparently there was also an aerodynamic advantage in that the upper surfaces of both wings were uninterrupted. This allowed a slightly reduced wingspan, without a comparative resulting loss of lift.

Andy

Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

At the beginning of your build, I wrote:

On 3/18/2023 at 9:46 AM, Danstream said:

Great! With some care, it should turn out a beauty.

Actually, you greatly surpassed my prediction! You have an awesome model, full of lovely details.

Congrats,

Dan

Current build : Mayflower - AL 1:64

Completed non-ship builds : Spitfire MK I - 1:48Arado 196B - 1:32, Sea Fury - 1:48F-15C Eagle - 1:48Hawker Tempest Mk.V - 1:48F104S Starfighter - 1:48

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it" - Amelia Earhart

4 minutes ago, RGL said:

Maybe one day a WNW Gotha!!!

Don't wait too long, or else who knows when you'll find one. Recently, a batch of WnW kits hit the market here in the USA. They were hidden away in some warehouse on NZ, supposedly. Did they show up in Australia, too? There are the early Gotha models with a similar wing/fuselage configuration as the Handley, one on weel landing gear and one on floats. The later model Gotha's had a more convention wing/fuselage arrangement. 

44 minutes ago, CDW said:

Don't wait too long, or else who knows when you'll find one. Recently, a batch of WnW kits hit the market here in the USA. They were hidden away in some warehouse on NZ, supposedly. Did they show up in Australia, too? There are the early Gotha models with a similar wing/fuselage configuration as the Handley, one on weel landing gear and one on floats. The later model Gotha's had a more convention wing/fuselage arrangement. 

I know where a few of them are hiding:

https://www.sunwardhobbies.ca/wingnut-wings-32053/

https://www.sunwardhobbies.ca/wingnut-wings-32045

(Three of the first and one of the second)

And a couple more here:

https://wheelswingshobbies.com/aircraft/wingnut-wings/

Pricey though….

Andy

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

2 minutes ago, realworkingsailor said:

I know where a few of them are hiding:

https://www.sunwardhobbies.ca/wingnut-wings-32053/

https://www.sunwardhobbies.ca/wingnut-wings-32045

(Three of the first and one of the second)

And a couple more here:

https://wheelswingshobbies.com/aircraft/wingnut-wings/

Pricey though….

Andy

True, they are pricey, but nowhere near the insane prices vendors were asking for on Ebay before these arrived. The current price is about the same as they were when WnW was still in business unless you hit one of their anniversary sales like I did one time.

I just grabbed Sunwards last G1, resistance was futile.....

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

17 minutes ago, Egilman said:

Resistance is always futile.   Should be Law of the Universe.   To which....   Give in to temptation as it may not cross your path again.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

24 minutes ago, Egilman said:

5 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

Resistance is always futile.   Should be Law of the Universe.   To which....   Give in to temptation as it may not cross your path again.

This ain’t Alcoholics Anonymous, we’re all enablers of this shared addiction… no point trying to fight it… sit back, relax and enjoy the online shopping! 🤪😁

Andy

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

21 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

To which....   Give in to temptation as it may not cross your path again.

More like tempting god in this case, (or the Admiral, if she finds out first)

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

12 minutes ago, Egilman said:

More like tempting god in this case, (or the Admiral, if she finds out first)

And if she finds out, tell her it could be worse:

https://brasstrains.com/Classic/Product/Detail/148492/G-Scale-1-32-Brass-Model-FAM-Fine-Art-Models-PRR-Pennsylvania-Bucyrus-Erie-250-Ton-Crane-490903-1996-Run

🤭😁

Andy

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately for some bizarre reason shipping from the US to Australia is truely offensive. A $90 kit has the same amount for shipping pretty much. It does not make sense why it is to high short of blatant profiteering from the carrier companies, a Gotha has a  $200 shipping fee!! 

Greg

13 hours ago, RGL said:

Unfortunately for some bizarre reason shipping from the US to Australia is truely offensive. A $90 kit has the same amount for shipping pretty much. It does not make sense why it is to high short of blatant profiteering from the carrier companies, a Gotha has a  $200 shipping fee!! 

At one time, shipping was based on weight and size of the package.  Who knows what voodoo they now use to compute fees.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Anyways, I now have 4 WNW kits which I intend to build on here if I live long enough. There are 2 more ships in the stash which will be done soon as there is very little that is grabbing me, maybe another Dreadnought ? Lots of stories about some new RN kits to be released but I don’t believe it. 

Greg

Maybe you could do some work demonstrating your weathering technique for the rest of us that are less adept at such artistry....

I for one would greatly appreciate it...

Quote: