HMS Agamemnon by Sjors - FINISHED - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1:64

Hey that's nicely done mate, and not too much filler at that.

Now all you have to do is make sure they Port side gallery lines up with the Starboard side, good luck with that.

Well done mate.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

Thanks Guy's .

@ Augie, send me that jar please.... :D  :D  :D

@ Mobbsie,

I hope that my eyes are straight  :D  :D

Otherwise it is an angle of the camera when they are not in line with the other  :P  :P

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Maybe it's just an optical delusion on my part.... but it looks like the top gallery sticks out more than the bottom :huh:

It could just be lack of sleep too.... :wacko:

The side view looks great, however. :)

Andy

Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

Andy,

It's a optical illusion.......

I check it right away and it is straight with the bulwark.

If not, then i have a problem with the sternpost.

You are at work ?

Grant is the guy with the spare filler.  Here's that 200Kg. drum he bought last week:

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/163-hms-victory-by-grant-dale-mamoli-scale-190/page-63

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Sjors, on reading eagle eye Andy's comments I had a second look mate and it does look as if the top sticks out further than the bottom.

If you put a calliper on the top and bottom decks you may find the top is wider, if that's the case then they are the wrong way round. The smaller deck should be at the top with the middle section sloping out to the top of the bottom gallery.

You have my full permission to give my -rse a good kick if I'm wrong.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,

Andy,

I see now what you mean.

But when you magnify the first picture , you will see that the top gallery is lower then the bottom one.

Thanks for pointing it out.

When i'm awake tomorrow, i'm at my work at the moment, i shall make another picture..

I didn' t know that my camera can do tricky things :-)

Sjors

Keep up the nice work, Sjors.  On both the bus and the ship.   I always thought that filler was everyone's friend.  Was I wrong?

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Sorry Sam,

I missed your post..... :(

Yes, it took  two weeks.

You can glue one part and have to wait till the glue is dry because of the strange curves you have to sand and bend....

And also work.

But they are on now..

Tomorrow I can start with the second planking.

@ Mark,

Filler is OUR best friend !

I wish I invented it  ;)

They even buy drums of 200 kg of it !!!!

Then I was rich and don't have to go to my work and spend my time at the boat  :D  :D  :D

@ Andy,

Sorry, no pictures.......

I have take a look again and you are right.

The top gallery is a little to much outside.

I remove the top gallery and try to put it a little bit to the hull.

There are coming decorations on it .

Those gallery's and transoms are my Waterloo I believe.......

Not Waterloo my friend.......just a bump in the proverbial road.  You'll nail it.

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

it looks great Sjors........but I'm afraid I have to agree with the consensus.   perhaps you can remove them and swap them around?

I have a crystal ball.......{actually,  it's a clear marble}........I see a reno in your future :blink:    I'm sure you can fix it  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

After 4 times on and off I think that this it is......

I don't go for the fifth time any more......

Also put the first ,second plank on.

This one is in one piece, the others are going in scale.

Those long lengths is not funny to work with.

But now I know where the whales are starting.

post-48-0-04530800-1401805696_thumb.jpg

post-48-0-51012100-1401805702_thumb.jpg

post-48-0-08786500-1401805708_thumb.jpg

post-48-0-06229800-1401805713_thumb.jpg

much better Sjors.........the galley badges look great!     much better than the fashion statement you were making earlier..........or were you being  'unique' ?  :)     nice fix!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

I suspect quite a lot of work Sjors, but well worth the fix.  Seems a very complex area at the stern there with the different angles and the second planking to consider.  I still can't believe how quickly you're progressing, even with the rework.

Cheers,

Jason

"Which it will be ready when it is ready!"

In the shipyard:

HMS Jason (c.1794: Artois Class 38 gun frigate)

Queen Anne Royal Barge (c.1700)

Finished:

HMS Snake (c.1797: Cruizer Class, ship rigged sloop)

Thanks Jason,

It goes not that fast.

But it's fun to work with this kit.

Maybe that's the reason that I don't mind to re-do things ?

I think the speed is over now because of the second planking....

There goes a lot of planks on it !!!!!!

You're really motoring right along.  You have more patience then I do on these reworks.

Question ---  on those first two of the second planking, is there a reason that last gun port is falling under the plank?  I'm looking at the flow of the first versus the second planking and there seems to be quite a difference in the two.

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

I have to Augie,

Anja and Mobbsie are monitoring me  :D  :D  :D

And then for your question.....I have to cut out the wood that is covering the gun port.

That first plank you are looking at is the top line of the lower wale.

Edited by Sjors

Well done with the re-re-re-re-do Sjors! ;) Well worth that extra effort and I'm sure you're pleased with the result.

Well done on the re-work, sir!!! 

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Yes, I thought you would cut it out.  Just surprised to see the wale run into the port.

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Augie,

It's not that uncommon since the wales don't follow the deckline.  I think it's less common on American ships than the French or English.  Stylistic choice maybe???? 

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Thanks Mark.  Still another thing I'm learning.

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Thanks Bob, Grant and Mark,

@ Bob,

Yes I'm happy with the result.

It is indeed a little bit more work but when I don't do it, I know that i always will look at it and thinking by myself....why not making it better ?

@ Yes Grant....I am  :D  :D  :D

@ Mark,

Always a pleasure to know that someone has an answer for something.

For me it also looks strange but the drawing is saying that ,so I make it that way.

Now I know why I make it this way  ;)  ;)

@ Augie,

You see, we are never to old to learn something  :D  :D  :D

The second planking is done.........under the lower wale  :D  :D  :D

I'm using push pins to hold the planks in the way.

I have make first the second planking and then right away I place the lower wale.

Now I can push the pins into the second planking and I don't have to use filler because the holes are covered.

And to now for sure where the wales are I paint them the first time with a primer.

I can now go further with the planky the plank and don't have to worry if I damaged the wale and paint it again and again.

post-48-0-08821700-1402221726_thumb.jpg

post-48-0-66015900-1402221731_thumb.jpg

post-48-0-59654700-1402221738_thumb.jpg

post-48-0-44541000-1402221745_thumb.jpg

post-48-0-12553600-1402221751_thumb.jpg

Nicely done Sjors, the Main Wale looks great, I think the remaining planking will be a walk in the park for you, it's just going to be a long walk that all. :piratetongueor4:

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie