Jim Rogers

Is Crown Timberyard still open for business?

For several weeks the Crown Timberland site has shown "Store Closed for Maintenance"  when ever an inquiry is made bringing me to ask the question are they still,in business? Anybody have any insight.

Canute likes this

Gosh I hope so...I had been looking forward to ordering some of their wood or a upcoming project.   (hi, by the way, Im in Poulsbo, we are practically neighbors.)

Canute likes this

For what it is worth, and if I recall correctly, when this occurred before it was due to the owner's full time work needs. In communications I gathered he was traveling (I think) for his company quite a bit. 

Canute likes this

I had a recent order which was in the pipeline from Crown Timberyard when the "Store Closed for Maintenance"  sign appeared.  Being concerned about the status of my order I emailed them and received a reply from Julie stating that they were indeed undertaking maintenance but they had also experienced an unexpected illness for one of their children.  She said that they were dealing with all orders which had already been placed.  Indeed my order arrived a couple of weeks later and was of they usual high quality.

I know that Jason also has a "day job' but it is a pity that they don't provide a bit more information about when they expect to open again - if ever

Canute and mtaylor like this

Thank you for the information Bartley. I am now contemplating buying a Micro Mark Tablesaw and doing my own milling. We have one of the best exotic wood stores in the world about 50 miles from my house and as I plan on doing the inner bulkheads of my Syren using Redheart it could be worth it.

maturin, Canute and mtaylor like this

On 7/14/2017 at 8:12 AM, Jim Rogers said:

Thank you for the information Bartley. I am now contemplating buying a Micro Mark Tablesaw and doing my own milling. We have one of the best exotic wood stores in the world about 50 miles from my house and as I plan on doing the inner bulkheads of my Syren using Redheart it could be worth it.

Do you mean Rockler?

Canute and mtaylor like this

Gilmer does ship wood.   I've used them on occasion.

Canute likes this

Crown is still going. there was a Family emergency with one of their Kids he has been playing catch up with his wood orders. I had an order in abt the time it happened and I got an email explaining it. so either he just forgot to change the website or some kind of emergency still going on. however it has only been like 2 or 3 weeks they reopened the shop and started working back orders.

mtaylor likes this