RMS Titanic by popeye the sailor - Academy - PLASTIC - 1/400 scale

believe me gents.........there are plenty of mistakes ;)   paint hides very well  :D  :D    your all too kind!  :)   I haven't got much done of late on her.....I did manage to set the assembly on the hull.   for some reason,  it's not fitting well......the ill fit is also causing the guy lines to go limp.  I'll have to play with it to see what's going on.  time is going to be tight this week........I'll see if I can add to the build ;)    thanks for the kind word......glad your all enjoying the build.

I can't wait to see how the Billing's Titanic comes out Gary........but you have your hands full with the Cutty Sark  ;)

welcome to the log Adam........I was big on plastic as well.   wood has spoiled me bad!  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

G'day Denis

I'm back again! Been busy with dad etc.

Gee your Titanic is looking great! Never realised how much detail there are in the funnels area. Btw what's the length of the model?

Keepupthegreatwork mate

Greg

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

thanks for the good word Lawrence.    the kit doesn't include the innards........too many tiny parts,  and I'll go cross-eyed!  :D  :D    there are at least three versions of the Academy kit........this is the basic kit.   the others have the photo etch and wooden decks  ;)

glad to see you back Greg!   I know how it can be......I'm caught in a work rut at the moment.  I did take one picture though.......it not seating too good,  probably the wires in the way.   but here it is  :)

post-612-0-15643400-1446235226_thumb.jpg

the lower portion isn't cemented in place yet.   it will help me in sorting out the wires.  I will try to get one with it lit  ;)

thanks for the good word!.........and yes,  there is a lot of neat detail.   there's more to go still :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Wooden deck ... just thinking ... could you ...?

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

If that's the basic kit, you have done a great job mate - she looks great!

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

I finally made it through an eight day stretch {work}.   the boss of my part time job went on vacation and I covered for him.   I have today off......should be doing the outside things I've neglected.......but it's more fun peeking in to see you fine folks!  :)   I haven't had time to do much today....but I did manage to put a finger or two on the 'other project'  I've been play'in with.

yes....a wooden deck would really snaz it up a notch Nenad.......but this is the basic kit.   if I had one of the other versions,  I would have gotten the wooden decks and likely some of the P.E. that goes along with it.   I guess I can be content for the small enhancements I was able to do  ;)  thanks for your thoughts and the good word  :)

your eyes do not deceive Patrick and Greg..........the Half Moon is in the background  :)   I had to get the Titanic up higher where I could work on her better.

until I get the deck fit issue resolved,  she will share the spotlight with the H.M.   thanks for the good word.........perhaps I can get something done on the Half Moon as well  ;)

thanks Pat...with all the detail that this kit possesses,  I'd still like to see what the Minicraft kit looks like.  thanks for your kind word  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

I did get to fiddle with her a bit...........

the deck assembly was removed........really stubborn bugger.......the aft railings paid the price.   they just popped off.....I can put them back on later.   anyways........the sides were sanded some more,  so the fit might be better.   it was a combination of the fit and the wires that is causing the problems.......I made the adjustments,  but still have to move the wires around for the fore section to drop into place.   since I said the heck with the extra lighting,  I was curious to see how she would look with what I had .........

post-612-0-84835400-1447174492_thumb.jpg

I have to get the light in the fore section to line up with the forward galley dome.

post-612-0-96739300-1447174535_thumb.jpg

here is the problem area I still need to fix..........I shouldn't have left the assembly in place for so long.   it caused the side to bulge out

post-612-0-13934000-1447174607_thumb.jpg

here is the fore section........

post-612-0-65107400-1447174646_thumb.jpg

...and here she is shown aft.

post-612-0-80259000-1447174690_thumb.jpg

I probably should have waited til it got a bit darker.........but the admiral liked it,  and I guess that's all that mattered.  I'm hoping to get more done on her this week  :)  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

if it gets any more colder 'round here John.......I won't have to  :D  :D    winter's coming......but the almanac says that we won't see snow until late december / early January.thank you my friend  :)

thanks for the likes everyone!  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

The lighting really looks great Popeye.  You'll manage the little snags, I'm sure.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

You've got her looking her majestic self Dennis, and lighted too!  Outstanding!

The lighting really looks great Popeye.  You'll manage the little snags, I'm sure.

Cheers,

Can't agree more!

She's a beautiful shop mate.

Havagooday

Greg

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

Hi Dennis

I reckon you've got every reason to gaze at your Titanic with a bit grin on your face...I know, because I'm looking at the photos with a big grin as well!  What a beauty, especially with the lighting all set up.

Very, very nice work, indeed.

Cheers

Patrick

Denis,

nice Progress there, I`m admiring that you have the Patience to thorrowly do all the small Detail work, the painting of pipes and deck Fittings etc. and get all These parts to look so fine before you start with further Assembling. The result proves you are doing it absolutely right - a beautiful ship-

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Man she is looking soooooooo nice!!.... the lighting is just the right touch Denis,,, GREAT!!! work

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Hi Denis,

Absolutely splendid mate, she looking really good.

Have you tried a bit of silver cooking foil to spread the light, just a thought, I haven't tried it myself mind, might work.

Hope the bulge comes out ok.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

Gooood !!!!

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

She is looking very nice my friend - you sure are putting some effort into her.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

thanks to everyone for the kind comments.....it's been a bit of a set back.   knocked a few parts off in the process so far,  but once I can get the decks in place,  I can easily put it all back in shape again  :)    I'll show how I have the light plugs set up Lawrence,  when I can get back to her.

for the time being.....I need to do something about my computer.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

thanks Crackers!   hope to have the problem solved soon  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

thank you my friend  :)   hope to have an update on her soon  ;)

it's never too late to finish your build  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

sorry to hear that........I could suggest something,  but it seems so wrong ,  on so many fronts.   the shelf is a good place.......... :unsure:

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

how about a diorama involving a fish tank

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock: