RMS Titanic by popeye the sailor - Academy - PLASTIC - 1/400 scale

I wasn't aware of this build Popeye, but so glad I found it.  That's a great build, I'll settle back for the rest of the show :)

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

Hi Denis .....Sorry I missed your birthday party,  ... "HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY" Denis .... your build is looking real nice!!

Nice redo!!

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

well......thank you so much for the kind comments  :)   taking on this part time job,  I was told I'd be a fill in.......20 hrs a week.  I thought....cool,  I'd use it to buy supplies and stuff.  I never thought that it would slow me down.   I'd worked at night a couple of times......tried to do a little,  but I couldn't concentrate.   I'm getting used to it slowly......and now getting to the point where I can play with the free time.  winter's coming too.......there will be more indoor time....unless Gibbs has anything to say about it  ;)  I did some more today.......fixed the damage I did the other day.    I had the A and boat deck assembly on my desk and I hit it with my arm as I was passing by from the living room.   more was added to the assembly as well.  I'll try and post the pictures a bit later.   I almost forgot how tedious it was assembling these railings........ugh!  :)  

thanks David....this revisit into plastic has been fun.......but the best Titanic I've seen has been Doris's.   Reklein did one as well.....he posted a picture on Nil's build log.   thanks for the kudos though  ;)

thanks Pat.......pleased your peeking in :)  sure......pull up a chair and grab a mug......still got a ways to go yet :)   had a look at your Endeavour build......sweet looking vessel  ;)

life is just fine Wayne......just learning to juggle four balls,  instead of three.   hope you've adjusted well from the B.S. you had to go through earlier this year.

always good to see you Frank.   too bad you missed it......wore my best lampshade just for you  :D :D   no matter........I'm catching up {slowly}......noticed you have an update {I hope}  ;)   I'll see you there  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

thanks Patrick............heck no.....still got a ways to go yet.   there is a lot more railing work to be done after the deck assembly is cemented on the hull.

glad to see your recovering well  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Hi Denis,

Just because you have taken a second job doesn't mean you can deprive countless of your followers the pleasure of your updates, you'll just have to pull your digit out mate and knuckle down. :D  :D  :piratetongueor4:  :piratetongueor4:   

Good fix mate on the funnel guys and the decking mate, even forensics would have trouble detecting the repair. :dancetl6:

Looking forward to further updates.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

G'day Denis

What a S and D. For the non Ozzies out there, it means sh#t and disaster.

I know that you can fit it with half of your eyes closed.

Havagooday

Greg

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

get better Patrick.........no need to apologize about anything.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed I can finish at least 1 more built before the year ends  I look forward in seeing you resume your work on Majellan {if you haven't already......I'm still getting caught up}.

thanks Mobbsie.........the second job is on hold at the moment.......I need to have a clearance badge just to be on the premises.  I've been working over there for three weeks already..........now somebody has finally realized that this is out of policy :D  :D  woe be unto the airline passenger...... they are still not 100% safe yet  ;)    so........I can't be there until I get the badge  {good thing I'm not depending on the extra cash}  ;)  but.........I can't use the second job thing as an excuse......I wouldn't be totally truthful if I did.   while it does slow me down a little......another idea is brewing {if the admiral saw the complete scope of it,  she'd kill me}.   this has consumed some time as well {small amounts over a long period of time}.   I said it once......I'll say it again......it's just too delicious to pass up.  ;)

thanks Lawrence...makes me blush to see how much I was missed :blush:    it is nice to get to the point where I can now spend some quality time........here and at the table.  :)   have you begun work on the African Queen yet?............no matter.........I'll find you  ;)

great to see your up and about Greg  :)     'at's how I alwayz goes through life mate.........wit' one eye closed!   AK-k-k-k-k-k-k--k-k!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

I know I promised this to you fine folks last week..........but with the way this work week went......well..#%$^*@!  the shop is too small a place,  to have that much drama!   too long a story to get into the policies and politics of it all.

last week,  I got to do more on the Titanic.  I did manage to add the fourth funnel top {if I didn't mention it already}.  the grates were added in the openings of the tops.   the fourth funnel is the only different one........it has a damper molded to it.

post-612-0-40580300-1445362019_thumb.jpg

post-612-0-07642600-1445362150_thumb.jpg

the starboard railing is assembled.  as it dries,  I will make the port side railing.

post-612-0-25868700-1445362256_thumb.jpg

I wasn't sure how the pipe work ran in this area.........I initially though the port side railing was wrong.   so,  I fitted it so it would go the entire length along the edging.

post-612-0-95896000-1445362425_thumb.jpg

post-612-0-85048700-1445362411_thumb.jpg

here's a view from the fore end.......

post-612-0-55862000-1445362616_thumb.jpg

we had taken off at this point to run errands........I managed to do a little scavenger hunting.   I found some flat white,  since what I had dried up on me.   the inner part of the tops is painted in that hull black that I had mixed up.   the grates were painted with it after they had dried.

post-612-0-34438800-1445362865_thumb.jpg

post-612-0-65501900-1445362879_thumb.jpg

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

this morning.......some touch ups were made.  instead of doing a dry fit,  I just cemented the bottom part of the pipes in place.   I then found that the port side railings was wrong......I shouldn't have over guessed them.   but it looks like the railings would have been too long anyways..

post-612-0-64081100-1445363442_thumb.jpg

I painted the hand rails of the railings

post-612-0-74442500-1445363478_thumb.jpg

the port side has already been trimmed down to fit.  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

thanks George........and all you who hit the like button!  :)    I will add more later..........got to get my nose out of the site long enough  :D  :D    what can I say...I was deprived.........I didn't turn on my computer once this week end!    thanks again all!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

they are Sam.......and very fragile.   I'm still not done with them yet........more after the top section is on the hull  ;)   thanks for the good word !

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

well........things have taken another turn.     I was kinda on vacation from the part time job until I got my badge.......I have it now.   I worked last night and I need to go in this morning.   I have one humongous update.......here is the beginning of it......

the port side pipes were cemented in place

post-612-0-10953400-1445512464_thumb.jpg

while removing the sprue stubble from the starboard side pipes,  the darn thing broke!

post-612-0-91843700-1445512526_thumb.jpg

but I managed to get them on anyway

post-612-0-02412000-1445512584_thumb.jpg

then the railings were added,  along with the section for the back edge,  between the two pipes

post-612-0-22853100-1445512659_thumb.jpg

post-612-0-40680600-1445512692_thumb.jpg

now I can rig the guy lines

post-612-0-74386300-1445512748_thumb.jpg

post-612-0-17917000-1445512775_thumb.jpg

the rest will have to wait till the afternoon.  I got to get ready for work.   there's more crazy stuff going on behind the scenes here......got a plummer coming......the power company is running all over our neighborhood replacing transformers {I hope they don't block our drive way again}........to name what is to be today.   tomorrow might be worse.......power might be out for a while.........I'm going back to work again for the evening.  the fun is beginning  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Dont you just hate it whenwork interferes with life?? Bosses! Just give us our check and let us stay home! :rolleyes:

Those pipes loooked to be very fiddely. Nice save on the break, Any idea the purpose they served? Ventilation of some sort I imagine, but why the 180 degree turn?

Dont work too hard.

Sam

Current Build Constructo Enterprise

I'm not much of a plastics fan (probably because I don't know how) but your Titanic look great.

Bob

Edited by Cap'n'Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

I would imagine that they are part of the coolant system.   to try and better answer your question,  I did a little surfing.......   found a couple sites that had blueprints,  but the pictures wouldn't come up for me for some reason.  looking art the diagrams on the bridge deck......this funnel would be closest to boiler #1&2.......definitely for water circulation.  if I find more, I'll post it  ;)   thanks for the good word  :)

thanks Bob.......it's been a fun trip so far,  getting back to where I began.   but I can tell ya.......every time I mess around with wood......I feel at home again  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Your Titanic is looking very good; some nice detail there Popeye.  You're going to have to speak to the boss and let him/her know that the MSW forum believes you should be full-time on the model - PR for them so to speak ;)

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

got back home around 1:30 PM..........the plummer left about  1/2 hour ago.   spent a bit of time setting the kitchen back up and washing the floor.  what a mess!

anyway.........back to the Titanic......    I used CA on the rigging of the funnel.......trimmed off nicely  ;) 

post-612-0-94735800-1445543294_thumb.jpg

post-612-0-23956900-1445543316_thumb.jpg

....found that I had a couple more pictures of the guy lines.  I guess the next thing to do,  would be to get the top on the funnel.

post-612-0-82790300-1445543416_thumb.jpg

post-612-0-52025200-1445543433_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure if the grate is painted in these pictures.......they are in these pictures though.

post-612-0-22509900-1445543496_thumb.jpg

post-612-0-58141900-1445543509_thumb.jpg

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

thank you Pat.........would have answered you sooner,  but I got done posting the rest of the update.......and the admiral announced that the light in the range hood wasn't working {they had to remove it so they could access the pipes in the wall}.  she told me they dropped it on the floor.  so,  I replaced the bulb and it still wouldn't work!   I opened the access panel for the wiring and I found that one of the connectors came off the switch.  I couldn't get the connector back on,  without the threat of getting zapped,  so I went to the breaker panel to shut off the one that it belongs to.   I was running the fan........told the admiral to let me know when it stopped working.   I had shut off five of the breakers.......the rest were doubles {I ran into the same problem when I did the security lights for the garage :angry: }.   I thought the hell with it and hit the main breaker!...........shut off the whole apartment!   all this just for one stupid connector....this place is totally screwed!  ;)   can't wait til we can get our own place again!

that would be a wonderful pipe dream....but I gotta help feed the coffers that keeps Uncle Sam in packet change  :D  :D

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

....but wait........there's more!   out came the hull......

post-612-0-51295900-1445547488_thumb.jpg

my son supplied with a whole pack of small shrink tube..

post-612-0-85443800-1445547534_thumb.jpg

I was going to add a couple more lights to the mix,  but the heck with it,  I'll do with what I have.  so,  I stripped the wires...it was very easy........did it between my finger nails  ;)

post-612-0-25765900-1445547671_thumb.jpg

the lights were soldered in place and shrink tubed....

post-612-0-54716300-1445547704_thumb.jpg 

post-612-0-29444900-1445547714_thumb.jpg

now.......if I don't have any more interruptions.......perhaps I can put all this together  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

How cool are you Master at wood and a master at plastic what's next metal I have built a couple of titanic a in my life from plastic and compared to yours mine looked like my five year old daughter constructed mine I have always had a love for titanic actually drew the schematics and wrote a paper on it in high school Drawing I can do models I'm trying to learn if I ever attempt titanic again I'm using your log it's a masterpiece

Duuuuuuuude!

Ah HA - here you are.      I was away so long I completely missed this - wasn checking other stuff and wondering  ...hmm, where did Popeye go!

HERE you are - and WOW.

First, thank you fro taking me back - I used to LOVE doing plastics,  have not done those in such a long time, nice to see you working it so well.

Second - NICELY done!!   Really a sharp looking build you have going there and the subject is great!!!!

Well - while fashionably late, I shall now pull up my lawn chair and umbrella enjoy the finale!!

=)

-Adam

Current Builds

Santa Maria - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

MayFlower - Model Shipways (5/32"=1') POB
Blue Shadow - Mamoli Revolutionary War Brigantine. (Fict) (1:64) POB (Recommissioned as the Kara June)

On The Shelf Waiting so Patiently

USRC Ranger - Corel (1:50) POB

18th Century Longboat - Model Shipways (1:4) POF

La Nina - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

U.S Brig Syren - Model Shipways (1:64) POB

Completed Builds

Phantom NY Pilot Boat - Model Shipways (1:96) Solid Hull

Decommissioned Builds
(Time and conditions were not good to these. They have been cancelled =( )

Willie L Bennett - Model Shipways (1:32) POF
USRC Harriet Lane - Model Shipways (1:128) Solid Hull