Majellan by Omega1234 - FINISHED - 1/200 - Luxury 37 m Motor Yacht - Miniature

There are definitely ant workers somewhere

Bravo!

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

This makes my eyes and mind hurt... that's super tiny, Patrick and it looks great.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Pfff, with all those masterful crafted details, won't it get a bit heavy ... will it stay afloat ... You must have a basket full of ideas, for I my creativity would have been exhausted halfway the build ... Great work Patrick!!

Cheers

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

G'day Patrick

As you know, I've had some family issues lately, and this is the first time I've had a chance to catch up with your incredible log. Fantastic, unbelievable, breathtaking are just a few words that come to my mind. Inspiration is another and there are no faults with this model, trust me, it's only your mind playing tricks.

Could you please take photo with your hand as a size guide holding the dining chairs. It will blow me and others away.

Havagooday mate

Greg

Thanks Greg!  I hope all's well with you and your family.  Stay tuned and I'll post a few photos of the chairs in my giant hand!  :)

looks super Patrick!   :)

Thanks Denis!!

There are definitely ant workers somewhere

Bravo!

Hi Nenad - Many thanks.  All I can say is that ant-workers are looking pretty happy, at the moment!

This makes my eyes and mind hurt... that's super tiny, Patrick and it looks great.

Hi Mark.  Sorry to do that to ya!  Tis fun working at this scale, though (well, for me, anyway!).

Pfff, with all those masterful crafted details, won't it get a bit heavy ... will it stay afloat ... You must have a basket full of ideas, for I my creativity would have been exhausted halfway the build ... Great work Patrick!!

Cheers

Hi Carl.  You're right!  I actually put Majellan in the water the other day and, guess what?   She very promptly sank!!!!  Too heavy up top...Oh well.

Hi everyone!

Many thanks for all the comments and Likes!

Tonight, as promised to Greg The Peg Leg Sailor, I've taken a couple of photos of the chairs in my hand.  

I've also done the dining chairs that go with the dining table in the main saloon...all eight of them.   

I hope you enjoy the following photos.

Cheers

Patrick

post-7645-0-06348400-1464787093_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-45255400-1464787101_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-96630700-1464787106_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-07078100-1464787112_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-63550100-1464787116_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-79138900-1464787122_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-74926900-1464787129_thumb.jpg

Bloody amazzzzzzzzing mate. My admiral is also knocked over by these photos. HOW ON EARTH DID YOU DO THEM?

Thanks a million mate !

Haveagreatone

Greg

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

Great work, Patrick.  Thanks for the photos.

bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Your boat begs for a crazy party Patrick, bar men preparing tequila cocktails with straw umbrellas, ice cold beer and wine, waiters carrying platters of finger food and fruit salad, music…Brilliant work, really lovely!

Fantastic work Patrick, really inspiring.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Fantastic work Patrick, really inspiring.

Cheers,

Hi Piet. Many thanks! I don't know about the inspiring bit, but, dang, I'm loving this build! I'm sure gonna miss working on her when she's finished.

Your boat begs for a crazy party Patrick, bar men preparing tequila cocktails with straw umbrellas, ice cold beer and wine, waiters carrying platters of finger food and fruit salad, music…Brilliant work, really lovely!

Thanks Vaddoc! Now that's one hell of a way to party! Bring it on!!! What a lifestyle, hey?

Great work, Patrick. Thanks for the photos.

bob

Hi Bob. Thanks and I hope all's well at your neck of the woods.

Bloody amazzzzzzzzing mate. My admiral is also knocked over by these photos. HOW ON EARTH DID YOU DO THEM?

Thanks a million mate !

Haveagreatone

Greg

Hi Greg! Many thanks. Please say thanks to your Admiral. Tomorrow I'll try to draw a quick diagram about how I made the dining chairs. Surprisingly, they were far easier than you'd ever believe....well, at least once I figured how to do them, of course!

All the best, everyone

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Hi everyone

Many thanks for all of your comments and Likes. I really appreciate them!

Well, tonight, I did a bit more work on the galley, in particular adding more cupboards as well as a few little bit and pieces to add interest to the bench tops.

The dining table in the main saloon also got a bit of treatment, namely the placemats for the hungry guests.

Lastly, in response to Greg the Peg Leg Sailor's question about how I made the tiny dining chairs, I've done a quick diagram of the method I used. I hope it makes sense.

All the best, everyone!

Cheers

Patrick

post-7645-0-29848800-1465049216_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-11549900-1465049232_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-71707600-1465049248_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-34381600-1465049264_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-13768300-1465049288_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-15695700-1465049304_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-15556100-1465049322_thumb.jpeg

G'day Patrick

Beautiful and amazing details. The cupboard in the last photo of the ship is so tiny, but having 4 compartments on the doors......simply mind boggling.

The way you done the chairs looks quite easy and simple, but on your scale.....what csn I say? Mind boggling again. I'm repeating my self because my brain in numb...

Havagooday mate

Greg

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Thanks Greg!

The chairs certainly were challenging to do, but great fun at the same time. I'm glad you like them.

I've got only a few more things to add to this deck (Main Deck), before I'll be able to get back to the lower deck. It's been quite neglected and hence will take some time to do it justice.

Thank once again!

Cheers

Patrick

Patrick,

This jaw-dropping.  There's more detail in this than models a hundred times her size.   Are those "kitchen canisters" on the red cloth on the stove..?  post-76-0-89224300-1465075441.gif

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Patrick,

This jaw-dropping.  There's more detail in this than models a hundred times her size.   Are those "kitchen canisters" on the red cloth on the stove..?  attachicon.gifshocked-1341.gif

Hi Mark

Thanks!!! You're right about the 'kitchen canisters"! Well, that's kinda what I was hoping to achieve. In reality, they're thin plastic square rods glued onto coloured card

Thanks also for the comments about the level of detail in the ship. I'm getting to the point where I don't know when to stop. How much is too much detail?

Mmmmm...not sure I know the answer to that!

Cheers and all the best.

Patrick

Now you have done it Patrick, my mind is boggled, which is not a good thing for an old man ;)

Enough detail will come when you'll say "enough."  In the meantime keep adding.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

I think we all have caught the "Patrick's mind blogging syndrome"

Now you have done it Patrick, my mind is boggled, which is not a good thing for an old man ;)

Enough detail will come when you'll say "enough."  In the meantime keep adding.

Cheers,

Thanks Greg and Piet!!!

Hi Patrick,

Absolutely wonderful to see your progress - had to do a 'binge' catch-up again, as I've been neglecting MSW updates for a while.

I'm hoping to get back to the Doll Boat soon. I've been busy with outdoors stuff and work stuff, plus a bit of a problem-solving slump. Lots of staring and head scratching, but not much of a plan yet...

Take care!

~ Ben

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current Builds:

'Doll-Boat' - 1:12 scale 40' Cruising Sailboat

S.S. Edmund Fitzgerald - 1:350 plastic kit w/ Photo Etch Parts (On Hold)

Hi Patrick

I take my hat off to you as you sure do know how for sure just how to add so very much very fine detail and make things all fit together so well and still not have that clutter y look, WELL NONE, ENJOY

Regards Lawrence

Hi Lawrence

Thanks for your compliments. I'd have to say that the 'cluttered' look is one of the biggest problems I face when building at this scale. A lot depends upon the thickness of the materials I use. The thinner the better, (within reason of course).

I'm really glad that you like her.

Thanks and all the best!

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Absolutely wonderful to see your progress - had to do a 'binge' catch-up again, as I've been neglecting MSW updates for a while.

I'm hoping to get back to the Doll Boat soon. I've been busy with outdoors stuff and work stuff, plus a bit of a problem-solving slump. Lots of staring and head scratching, but not much of a plan yet...

Take care!

Hi Ben

Great to hear from you again! Hope all's well.

Thanks for your comments about Majellan's journey. Greatly appreciated.

Don't be in too much of a hurry with the Doll Boat. Sometimes I find the best thing to do is to walk away for a while, after which I find that the problems have often solved themselves.

Good luck, nevertheless and I look forward to seeing your next updates.

Cheers

Patrick

Hi everyone

Well.....it's been a sad day for Majellan.  I now know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Majellan cannot fly, or even float like a bee!   :(  :(  :(

You see, I was carrying the ship to the table to work on, when she fell off her stand onto our floor tiles.  All I can say is that the crunch as she hit the floor was NOT nice.  Bits and pieces went flying everywhere.  On the bright side, once I picked the pieces up, I soon learned that the actual structural damage wasn't as bad as feared.  As you can see, the radar dome structure was broken, as was a large chunk of the bow.  Thankfully, the rest of the damage was fairly minor, apart from the interior details taking a bit of a knock.

What can I say; we build'em tough, here in Australia!

My project for tonight is to fix and recuperate.

Wish me luck!

Cheers

Patrick

post-7645-0-66750300-1465386916_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-60909100-1465386922_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-47804900-1465386928_thumb.jpg

Bad night Patrick

I'm not pressing like on your log about the disaster! I'm so glad that there wasn't anymore damage. I assume that heart has dropped a beat or two. She's a sound boat Mattie and it will soon like new.

Btw use a bottle of champagne not the floor when you want to Christian the ship.

Allthebest

Greg

Thanks Greg

I'm just going through the internal stuff to see what's damaged and, luckily, although some stuff has come apart, it's all easily fixable.  Thank God.

With respect to the christening, I think I'll take your advice about the champers!  Definitely a better idea than the floor.... ;)

All the best

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Hi Patrick - wow, bad luck.  I know you'l get it back together, but I'm sure it's not a happy time for you right now. After the fixing it will probably be like new, based on your skills.

Hi Patrick,

now that the first shock has overcome it`s fear, and the crew could report the degree of damage to the skipper, I trust you are undertaking the mending process these days. Wish you a lucky hand with the repair. You certainly shall get the "Majellan" to look nice and crisp again.... B)   :rolleyes:

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50