IJN Musashi by cog - Tamiya - 1:350 - PLASTIC - old tool

If I got a nickle for every time I got that excuse ........ Hmmm, you need not fly Greg, there are other modes of transport ... (beam me over Scotty ;) ) or as in The man from Snowy River: You are welcome at my fire anytime, mate

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

On 08/06/2017 at 11:38 PM, RGL said:

So you should get it finished then! A whole week! 

Finished in a week!  are you crazy man;)  look how long mine is taking me.........

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Well you shouldn't mount a sea horse for certain, mate!!!

OC, that's why you use the prefix "old", ;) you can bide your time, whilst we youngsters need to hurry ...

Quite a pregnancy ... labour must have been hard on you ...

No time for Musashi yet. Garden chores ... how delightful ........

Carl

• 2 months later...

Got back to PE-modeling ... found some time last weekend after more garden chores ...

pe201708.thumb.jpg.bde51db8407541298aef75c46deb4c6b.jpg

On the left the radar, I replaced the plastic supports ... found another few pieces to add, it looks like PE with some plastic, on the left the parts for the paravanes ... those took me about two hours :wacko: Got some anchors from North Start Models to replace those I cut/shaved off stern side

(Sorry for the poor quality of the photograph)

Edited by cog

Carl

Somehow, I missed a bunch of this log.... must be old age or weak coffee... That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.  

Nice to see the progress, Carl.  She's looking pretty darn good.  Perfect in fact.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Very nice!! work with the P.E...... it can be a bear to work with at times....

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

I can sympathize.......my 'T' time has suffered as well ;)     nice bit of progress with the PE!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Ah movement in the camp :)  Nice work on the the PE mate.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

Before ...

IMG_0208.thumb.jpg.a32794136d36e5d44fa087b3249963ec.jpg

after ...

IMG_0240.thumb.jpg.4a574954459bf1834ec5ce6e09173d86.jpg

Yesterday evenings efforts ... the bending, and getting it stuck on the right spot takes a little time ... Now I have to bend the rungs from the lowest port side lader back into original shape again

Carl

Looking great Carl, I still don't know how you deal with all those tiny pieces.

Cheers,

Jason

"Which it will be ready when it is ready!"

In the shipyard:

HMS Jason (c.1794: Artois Class 38 gun frigate)

Queen Anne Royal Barge (c.1700)

Finished:

HMS Snake (c.1797: Cruizer Class, ship rigged sloop)

...and he's off!    the PE additions to these kits is so cool!  it adds so much to the model! :)  very nice!

......I don't see no bent ladder??????? <_<:blink:

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Jason,

With a lot of patience ........ sometimes accompanied by very rough language ... or throwing a pair of tweezers at a dartboard (saves to tips if they stick into it ;) )

Carl

• 2 weeks later...

I have to check the PE install sheets again, but I hope the tower is ready to prime ... Radar dry fitted ...

IMG_3162.thumb.jpg.e19e85ba3e55ab8bd46b9a226a88fd36.jpgIMG_3158.thumb.jpg.46cc77053c73c6f202407fff3657b4dc.jpgIMG_3159.thumb.jpg.ddb678ff3da804ab94f14a010a4835dc.jpg

Tripod aerial mast, one more to go, a tad smaller ...

IMG_3145.thumb.jpg.f7ae6afb4da047dea00e8bcd2e3de562.jpgIMG_3146.thumb.jpg.8a8ce550ab3356cbe86f8e25e22daa1f.jpg

Carl

Lovely work, Carl.  Too darn tiny for me to build so hat's off to you.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thanks gents.

Mark,

Sometimes I think it is to darn small for me too. Especially when the parts jump from between my tweezers ... The most horrible part is that you seem to overlook a lot of parts when you have something like a tower the size of this battleship type. On the other hand it keeps you sharp ... at least if you don't mess up ...

Edited by cog

Carl

Hmm.... thinking... thinking.... would dipping the tweezers into a bit of melted candlewax help keep things from flying off to Never-Never-Land??  

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Carl, very nice work. Details look great. How's you eyes holding up? Using an Optivisor?

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

Thanks Ken. My eyes, you mean those painly throbbing orbs in me head ;) Couldn't do without an optivisor. With PE it is one of the necessary tools in your collection, can't live without it ... that is to say: survive ...

Carl