Show me yours tools !

I'm not allowed to show pictures of my workspace, as I am currently a fugitive from StERILE (the Society for the Enactment of Regulations for Immaculate Leisure Environs).

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane

Spectacular work on your Notre Dame! We need a build log on that one, please!

Like many, I'm embarrassed to "show my tools." (Of any kind. :D ) Because of the virus lock down and the resulting closure of all the storage rental places. I took pity on a friend that was stuck in the middle of a move and allowed him to stuff all his boxes and furniture in my shop. That was when I thought the "lock down" was only going to be for two or three weeks! My workshop isn't a pretty sight at the moment. 

You're model is a thing of beauty.  The detail is amazing.

There is already a topic for our workshops here:   Just trying to help so can see where others are generating sawdust. 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Welcome aboard! Your models are beautiful...Moab

Completed Builds:

Virginia Armed Sloop...Model Shipways

Ranger...Corel

Louise Steam Launch...Constructo

Hansa Kogge...Dusek

Yankee Hero...BlueJacket

Spray...BlueJacket

26’ Long Boat...Model Shipways

Under Construction:

Emma C. Berry...Model Shipways

I have bought quite a few power tools in recent years , most already mentioned, but I would suggest the my belt sander is used almost daily. When used c arefully, it saves a huge amount of time

IMG_20200507_195926.jpg

IMG_20200507_195906.jpg

current build- Swan ,scratch

on shelf,Rattlesnake, Alert semi scratch,Le Coureur,, Fubbs scratch

completed: nostrum mare,victory(Corel), san felipe, sovereign of the seas, sicilian  cargo boat ,royal yacht caroline, armed pinnace, charles morgan whaler, galilee boat, wappen von hamburg, la reale (Dusek), amerigo vespucci, oneida (semi scratch) diane, great harry-elizabethan galleon (semi scratch), agammemnon, hanna (scratch).19th cent. shipyard diorama (Constructo), picket boat, victory bow section

Hello Moxis .... Firstly I don't like 3D very much, I like to draw my plans by myself, I have a better connection, it's also emotional ... The only time I used a big printer in a specialized printing house it is for my ground level plan, for the rest I use photos in books or on the internet and also videos ..... For the carvings I use Dremel a lot ..     To make columns I use my proxxon leathe ...   Sometimes I make my own tools, for example when I want to sand the inside of my four leaf clover, I take a round wooden stick and I glue  my paper sand on it . After having drawn a piece I always wonder how to do it, I look for a way, sometimes it work sometimes  not but I always find a solution.       Thank you Moxis     ..have a nice day

Hi Y.T.       This pieces are made by sections  ,  each section are made individualy...To make this  I take a plain piece of wood of aproximatively 10 mm x 10 mm...after that I drill two holes and  I put 3 leaves in each holes,,,now for carving the leaves  in  '' Y '' shape above ,I use dremel cutting disk...If you watch carefully no one are identical to other ...Oh I forgot to tell you  that each  2020 10x 20mm Diamond Cutting Discs Tool For Cutting Stone Cut ...piece was drawn on top.         tank  ,    I hope  that this answered your question.

Hi Y.T.     I want to know something about your mini disc sander... what is the  RPM and what kind of sand paper you use   i.e. 120 grain,220 etc...    and what is this tool with the orange color handle,is it for  curving wood while heating it ?           This mini disc sander is a very good idea for my project...Tanks a lot🙂

3 hours ago, Y.T. said:

Sorry ccoyle, I re-read this a few times and meaning of combination of these words avoids me despite I know meaning of each individual one. Could you elaborate on this?

Sterile = scrupulously clean. My work area is the opposite of scrupulously clean, i.e. "functionally messy." 😉

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane

1 hour ago, ccoyle said:

Sterile = scrupulously clean. My work area is the opposite of scrupulously clean, i.e. "functionally messy." 😉

Doesn't that translate out to "keep it clean or the Admiral will have your head"?

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)