San Ildefonso by Sjors - FINISHED - OcCre - 1:70

Holy smokes ...... did you make the sails yourself or has Anja played a role here?  Come on ----- tell us.......we're all friends here!!!!

Great start !

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

I shall tell you Augie.....

They all ready make in the box  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Only the ropes that you need when you furled the sails, I have make them......( reef points )

Sjors

Edited by Sjors

Hi Sjors, nice looking sails mate.

Just one thing my friend, shouldn't the sails be in front of the footropes and stirrups, hope I'm wrong.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

You're off to a great start on the sails.  However, Tony is right about the stirrups and footropes. 

Are you asking about a mizzen main sail?  It looks like you put on the topsail.   The answer is: no sail hangs from the low yard.   It's purpose is to secure the foot of the topsail. 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Tony,

I know it all ready.....

Anja told me this afternoon all ready...

I have to change it tomorrow !

But thanks....

@ Mark,

I have put on the topsail and the royal sail....

But below that it's only the yard.

But thanks for the explanation about the low yard.

No sails on it  :D  :D

Only the mizzen because the others have it.

Sjors

Thanks Sam and Ferit !

@ Sam,

When I can do it you can do it also....

Don't disappoint me please  ;)

@ Ferit,

There are totally about 21 sails on it.....

So it's gonna take a while before all the sails are on it.

And how about your build ?

Maybe in the future we can see something from you ?

Sjors

Because Anja , Mobbsie and Mark are telling me that the foot ropes has to go to the back of the sail.....I have change it.

Can I go further now please ?????? :D  :D  :D

Sjors

post-48-0-91858200-1412428892_thumb.jpg

post-48-0-96380000-1412428900_thumb.jpg

Very nice decision to make your addition to the sails. Are you thinking to starch the ropes that you need when you furled the sails? A little dispersed are they?

21 sails, you are the man of difficult missions. The ratlines of SI (and your others) are out and out equivalent to construct an entire small ship

My new house has 1+1 rooms. I have not a snuggery. I search for another having 3 rooms to re-begin my Berlin.

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Under construction: Frigate Berlin (Brandenburg Navy)

Hope: Frigate Wappen Von Hamburg (Brandenburg Navy)

I know Ferit,

I just love difficult things.

Especially when I have never done it before !

But we will see when she is finished.

Maybe I'm saying.....never again !

Sjors

Sjors,

The fix for the footropes looks great.  Permission granted from me for you to carry on.  I guess Anja and Mobbsie need to give their permission also? ;)

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hey, Edwin, in that case behind a modeller, there´s another modeller! Sjors got lucky, for sure. My admiral doesn´t even like to look to my ships. :angry:

Sjors, great sail work!! ^_^

Hey Sjors, you want my permission to carry on, you can have it, but only if you promise to be nice to me !!!!!!!!!!! :D  :D

Nice fix mate. :)

mobbsie

mobbsie

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,

Nice work with the sails.... now your lady looks dressed !! ;)

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Thanks Mark and Mobbsie ( and Wayne ,even I don't need that from you  ;) ) for the permission to go further on her......

Much appreciated !!!!!!!!! :D  :D  :D  :D

Anja has say not a thing so I think it is all right with her.....

@ Mobbsie,

I always being nice to you ......( yes ? ) (please, say yes ?????)

Thanks all for the comment and the likes.

@ Vivian,

You Admiral is not even take a look at your masterpiece ????????

Give me his phone number and I will call him !!!!!!!!!!

There is a law about that, did you know that ?

When the man/woman make something, the other man/woman has to like it  :D  :D

Sjors

Spanker boom and gaff and spanker sail are on also a few ropes.

Now I can move to the main mast and make the yards  and all that stuff.

Another update can take a while so enjoy this one ( at least I will  :D  :D )

Sjors

post-48-0-40449300-1412601575_thumb.jpg

post-48-0-74270200-1412601581_thumb.jpg

post-48-0-21368700-1412601588_thumb.jpg

The sails are looking great, Sjors.   I'm smiling and loving it.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Coming together nicely Sjors, your lady will go to the ball.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie

Thanks Mobbsie and John,

I'm now working on the yards of the main mast and I thought.....piece of cake.

Nope, nothing like that !

There are so many tiny stuff on that.....but we will get there !

It only takes some time.......

Sjors

Sjors she looks great, always been a pleasure to watch your work

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

catching up is really the pits!   I didn't even notice the problem with the foot ropes..........but you got it sorted out and now your full steam ahead!  :)   Fonzie is looking great in the new threads.....ayeeeeeeee!  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Sjors, The clothes make the lady in this case, she looks great!

Hey, Edwin, in that case behind a modeller, there´s another modeller! Sjors got lucky, for sure. My admiral doesn´t even like to look to my ships. :angry:

Sjors, great sail work!! ^_^

Vivian, I dont know what is worse, not looking or looking and saying "thats cute"

Sam

Current Build Constructo Enterprise