Sloop Speedwell 1752 by Rustyj - Syren Ship Model Company - 1:32 Scale - POF Sloop

51 minutes ago, glbarlow said:

If only we could outsource char removal

That company would be very very rich! And I would a steady customer. 🤣

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Current Builds: Speedwell

Completed Build Logs:  HMS Winchelsea 1/48   Duchess of Kingston USF Confederacy , US Brig Syren , Triton Cross Section , Bomb Vessel Cross SectionCutter CheerfulQueen Anne Barge, Medway Longboat

Completed Build Gallery: Brig Syren , 1870 Mississippi Riverboat , 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Runabout

Rusty,

Your work looks awesome! I'm at the stage of sanding the deadwood down and adding the wedges. 

I hope whatever was keeping you down is in the rearview mirror. Getting old isn't for the faint of heart. Two days before the Conference, I had some minor surgery and certainly wasn't going to miss that day! Keep up the good work!

Best Regards .... Rick

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I've just finished sanding the char off both sides of the billets holding the frame pieces. After that was done I applied a light coat of wipe on poly to both sides before removing any pieces. For me it seems to help keep the sides cleaner when removing the char from the rest of the frames. I'll be taking the frame pieces out one at a time, clean them up and put them in Individually marked storage bags until I'm ready to assemble them.

This will take a bit of time as there are a lot of frames to do.😀

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Current Builds: Speedwell

Completed Build Logs:  HMS Winchelsea 1/48   Duchess of Kingston USF Confederacy , US Brig Syren , Triton Cross Section , Bomb Vessel Cross SectionCutter CheerfulQueen Anne Barge, Medway Longboat

Completed Build Gallery: Brig Syren , 1870 Mississippi Riverboat , 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Runabout