US Brig Syren by Augie - FINISHED - Model Shipways - 1:64

Plugging what you like is fun :P

On with the Show.... B) 

J.Pett

“If you're going through hell, keep going” (Winston Churchill)

Current build:  MS Rattlesnake (MS2028)

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/45-model-shipways-rattlesnake-ms2028-scale-164th/

Side Build: HMS Victory: Corel

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/3709-hms-victory-by-jpett-corel-198/?p=104762

On the back burner:  1949 Chris Craft Racer: Dumas

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/939-1949-chris-craft-racer-by-jpett-dumas-kit-no-1702/

Sometime, but not sure when: Frigate Berlin: Corel

http://www.corel-srl.it/pdf/berlin.pdf

Just a minor update, barely worth a photo.  The lifts and leech lines for the lower yards have been completed on both masts :

post-56-0-41820800-1368377468_thumb.jpg

As busy as it has been, it's about to get worse!  Picking up some family from the East Coast at the airport today and we'll be spending about 10 days out and about in the Colorado high country.  So no updates for a while.

I will be checking in to keep an eye on everyone so STEADY THE COURSE.

Everyone stay well and, where appropriate ----- Happy Mother's Day!!!

Edited by Augie

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Thanks guys.  Missing the shop already.  May just be  time to get the buntlines stretched and dressed.......

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Nice work on the rigging, Augie.  Hope all goes well with the relatives.   On the other hand, at least certain folks aren't around either and bugging for pictures. ;)

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

John -  too kind, as always.  And I'm looking forward to Stag getting some lines.

Mark -  Thanks!  But 'everyone-on-earth knows who' is heading home as we speak.  Truth is, I almost miss him (shakes head over moment of weakness).

Keith -  Spring is finally here.

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

that's some sweet looking rigging Augie........fantastic work indeed!   have fun with the  'in laws'......:)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Should we remind you what Ben Franklin said about visitors and fish?  There's your excuse to hideout in the workshop. Use at your own peril. :)

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Very nice and clean rigging Augie. Don't forget to take a break from perfection every once in a while or you head may get too big.

Thanks,

Patrick

YouTube Channel for fun: Patrick's Scale Studio

Finished: Model Shipways US Brig Niagara

Current: I Love Kit USS Curtis Wilbur DDG-54

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday"

- John Wayne

Should we remind you what Ben Franklin said about visitors and fish? There's your excuse to hideout in the workshop. Use at your own peril. :)

And as my dear mother used to remind me, the difference between friends and family is that we get to choose our friends! (Still havent worked out if she was giving me a hint....). Hope your family are also friends Augie. Have a great time and we'll look forward to more updates on your return.

Edited by gjdale

Patrick-  head must already be too big.  My hair used to cover the entire thing :D

Grant -  yes, these are also friends.  Wouldn't let 'em in if they weren't (me being such a sweet guy) !

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Rigging is looking good, Augie!  Are the yardarms strong enough for various disciplinary uses (just wondering....)

Face the same follicle impairment as you.  I just tell the kids that my hair stopped growing when I was 5 foot 2 but I continued to grow an additional few inches...right up past it.

Enjoy your visit!

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

Still loving the ship build Augie.   Now that I am finally caught up (Important thing I learned being pulled away by life for the past 2 months... at least TRY to keep up with MSW.... 400+ updates, and a third of them HERE ;) ).   The main problem I have with popping by your Syren is that it is the reason it is on my list of ships to do! (Not sure where I will put it though).

(I think we need a spin off...or maybe even a sitcom series  -  Groundhogs and Lumberjacks!! -  you guys are cracking me up)

Loving it!!  Can't wait for more!

Edited by SkerryAmp

-Adam

Current Builds

Santa Maria - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

MayFlower - Model Shipways (5/32"=1') POB
Blue Shadow - Mamoli Revolutionary War Brigantine. (Fict) (1:64) POB (Recommissioned as the Kara June)

On The Shelf Waiting so Patiently

USRC Ranger - Corel (1:50) POB

18th Century Longboat - Model Shipways (1:4) POF

La Nina - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

U.S Brig Syren - Model Shipways (1:64) POB

Completed Builds

Phantom NY Pilot Boat - Model Shipways (1:96) Solid Hull

Decommissioned Builds
(Time and conditions were not good to these. They have been cancelled =( )

Willie L Bennett - Model Shipways (1:32) POF
USRC Harriet Lane - Model Shipways (1:128) Solid Hull

Augie,

What are you talking about.

You tell me that you are on the rigging…...

But look who I see in London.

You high on the yard!  :D  :D  :D

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

post-48-0-21694200-1368469700_thumb.jpg

post-48-0-43587200-1368469704_thumb.jpg

Ahoy Sjors

I think I figured out what he was up to

post-108-0-39625000-1368474574.jpg

On with the Show.... B) 

J.Pett

“If you're going through hell, keep going” (Winston Churchill)

Current build:  MS Rattlesnake (MS2028)

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/45-model-shipways-rattlesnake-ms2028-scale-164th/

Side Build: HMS Victory: Corel

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/3709-hms-victory-by-jpett-corel-198/?p=104762

On the back burner:  1949 Chris Craft Racer: Dumas

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/939-1949-chris-craft-racer-by-jpett-dumas-kit-no-1702/

Sometime, but not sure when: Frigate Berlin: Corel

http://www.corel-srl.it/pdf/berlin.pdf

JP,

That might explain the missing masts on the Vic....

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Who knew the Japanese had the A6M way back in the 1800's !!!!!! 

Hey Sjors, is that Cutty Sark?

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Hello Augie,

Lifts and leech lines are looking good. Neat job!

But what is this, we're home and now you are leaving us. You will be missed.

I hope you have a great time with the family.

Enjoy and be safe.

See you when you get back,

Anja

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

In the gallery: Albatros 1840 - Constructo

well........they say never fly them near or around power wires.........guess that means tall ships as well.......       looks like a trip to the shop is in order....LOL!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

sweet looking yards, Augie, never underestimate the trusty drill my friend, it can do wonders in able hands such as you as proven by your magnificent yards.

Best regards,

Aldo

Currently Building:
HMS Pegasus (Victory Models)-Mothballed to give priority to Triton

HMS Triton (first attempt at scratchbuilding)

Past build:
HM Brig Badger (Caldercraft), HM Brig Cruizer, HM Schooner Ballahoo

sweet looking yards, Augie, never underestimate the trusty drill my friend, it can do wonders in able hands such as you as proven by your magnificent yards.

Thank you, Aldo.  If it hadn't been for the guidance here on MSW, I never would have tried it. 

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976