US Brig Syren by Augie - FINISHED - Model Shipways - 1:64

nice go'n Augie....... she looks beautiful !, amazing what a few threads will do .... they'll turn a nice looking hull into... a gorgeous lady!!

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

True but what a sight to see two top notch builds with cutter rigs as high as the sky and long as the horizon!

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Well, BE, when I can come up with something that can hold it's own with that last photo you posted of your newly masted Pegasus, I shall be a happy man.

Be that as it may, I am smiling just a bit.

Thank you.

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Great work, Augie.  She looks like a ship.  A very beautiful ship at that.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Very very nice Augie.  She's a very pretty ship.  The rigging looks great.  Your tedious work is paying off.  

Thanks Mark and Daniel.

Hey Daniel ---- batten the hatches!  It just started up here as a combo of gale force wind, rain and ice.

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Hey Augie... Seen any groundhogs your way lately?

Last trip down the seaway, passing through one of the locks near Montreal.. Saw a whole field full... Darned near a dozen or more!

Wanted to go all "North Korea" on their @@@es (euphemistically speaking)... :P

Andy

Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

Augie your built look lovely well done

i lived in Scotland for 25+ years, you could tell it was summer, the rain was warmer

And for info the wabbit fleet is on operations in the Med, waiting to pick a fight, Hms Victory, Royal Caroline, and Amerigo Vespucci - All battle ready

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Beautiful work, as usual, Augie!

hamilton

current builds: Corel HMS Bellona (1780); Admiralty models Echo cross-section (semi-scratch)

previous builds: MS Phantom (scuttled, 2017); MS Sultana (1767); Corel Brittany Sloop (scuttled, 2022); MS Kate Cory; MS Armed Virginia Sloop (in need of a refit); Corel Flattie; Mamoli Gretel; Amati Bluenose (1921) (scuttled, 2023); AL San Francisco (destroyed by land krakens [i.e., cats]); Corel Toulonnaise (1823); 
MS Glad Tidings (1937) (in need of a refit)HMS Blandford (1719) from Corel HMS GreyhoundFair Rosamund (1832) from OcCre Dos Amigos (missing in action); Amati Hannah (ship in a bottle); Mamoli America (1851)Bluenose fishing schooner (1921) (scratch); Off-Centre Sailing Skiff (scratch)

under the bench: MS Emma C Barry; MS USS Constitution; MS Flying Fish; Corel Berlin; a wood supplier Colonial Schooner Hannah; Victory Models H.M.S. Fly; CAF Models HMS Granado; MS USS Confederacy

Thanks Andy, Frank, Thomas, Dirk, Kevin and Dr. Hamilton. 

As John (Jim Lad) says.......time to put the spiders back to work :D

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Very beautiful work!!!! I will be referring back here often I know. But as we both know, I am not ready to begin her yet, despite someone's pushing me in that direction :P

Robbyn

If you risk nothing, you risk everything!

Current builds

Syren (Model Shipways) version 2.0

AL San Francisco II

Mordaunt (Euro Model)

Completed Builds

18th Century Longboat designed by Chuck Passaro

In the closet

Battle Station

Al Charles Morgan (1980s version)

Thanks Mark and Daniel.

Hey Daniel ---- batten the hatches!  It just started up here as a combo of gale force wind, rain and ice.

You aren't even kidding. Got the hatches down but now I got to pick up my sister from the airport in this icy mess.  Guess I better reef the sails and take it steady as she goes. I'm of tired of this bipolar weather.     

Edited by DSiemens

You aren't even kidding. Got the hatches down but now I got to pick up my sister from the airport in this icy mess.  Guess I better reef the sails and take it steady as she goes. I'm of tired of this bipolar weather.     

Push the weather man into the rubber room and feed him Thorazine.  The bipolar weather should mellow out.   :)   That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Augie,

Seems I neglected to post my admiration for your update a couple of pages back. Please accept my belated congratulations - the addition of the yards looks just fantastic! Can't wait to see the rest in place. :)

Good heavens, Grant.   There's nothing belated about it.  I just appreciate you stopping by.  You and everyone else! 

There's so much progress here on MSW that it's hard to keep up.  Especially on 'certain threads' where saber rattling, groundhogs and the weather seem to constantly creep in  :D  :D  :D  :D

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

LOL - hope you are not referring to me and Andy

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

LOL - hope you are not referring to me and Andy

Heck no!  You've got me fanning the flames :P  :P :P  

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

where's Elmer Fudd when you need 'em

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Watch out Augie!

I can attest.. wabbit thumbscrews are very very painfull...

They'll make you confess all sorts of past misdemeanors and misdeeds.... :unsure:

Andy

That, sir, would make for a VERY long thread!

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Well, now that I'm all caught up Augie, your Syren is looking awesome! I'd like to see an overall picture when you next post some progress pic's. 

Thanks,

Patrick

YouTube Channel for fun: Patrick's Scale Studio

Finished: Model Shipways US Brig Niagara

Current: I Love Kit USS Curtis Wilbur DDG-54

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday"

- John Wayne

Hi Augie,

I finally got to read your log! (... and very nearly missed loosing my keyboard in the process!  :P )

Well done, sir! :)  She is looking really good... 'makes me want to add the Syren to my future builds list (next century maybe, at my building rate!  :D ).

Padeen (Adeline)

"When there is a will, there is a way"

Completed build: Le Camaret - Constructo - static wood 1:35  (build log, gallery)

Current build (very limited modelling time at the moment...): HMS Fly - Amati/Victory Models - static wood 1:64 (build log)

Projected build: HMS Victory - Chris Watton's design - static wood 1:64 (when available..., no rush!)

Well, now that I'm all caught up Augie, your Syren is looking awesome! I'd like to see an overall picture when you next post some progress pic's. 

might find it in the build profile thread Patrick, the link under my signature

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Thank you, Adeline.  No need for you to rush!!!!

There goes, Kevin, plugging his 'Latest Full Profile Photograph' thread again.  It's actually a fun idea :)

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976