US Brig Syren by Augie - FINISHED - Model Shipways - 1:64

I think I found Sjors lurking at the fringes of my recent adventure claiming he had some brainwashed seal spying on me..... so I turned his seal into a double agent by tossing it a bucket of fish....

;)

Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

Whew.....for a minute I thought that rogue transom he has drove him to don the clown suit and join the circus. 

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Here, here!!   Ahoy Mates, we're on the right track here.  Those of us who love this log and the forum have spoken.  Welcome back to all, and just maybe Augie will have some pictures of progress.  We know that will make you know who happy as well as those of us that do love a good ship build.  Our banter shall continue, and one of the reads I read earlier, actually inspired another builder to take his Conny off the shelf where it's been for the last 3 years and maybe get started constructing her.  Good for him and welcome aboard.  By the way lads......where is Augie?????

John

Current Current Builds:

US Brig Niagara on my website

FINISHED BUILD LOGS:

New Bedford Whaleboat - page on my Morgan Website:  http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com/whaleboat-build-log-by-john-fleming.html

C.W. Morgan - Model Shipways 1:64 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1785-cw-morgan-by-texxn5-johnf-ms-164-kit/

USS Constitution - Revell 1:96 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1796-uss-constitution-by-texxn5-johnf-revell-196-kit/

website US Brig Niagara Model http://www.niagaramodel.com

website Charles W Morgan Model http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com

website PROXXON DISCOUNT TOOL STORE http://proxxontoolsdiscount.com

<soapbox mode on>

Just a quick input from a somewhat "rogue" moderator... :)   

<kicks soapbox back into the corner> <opens attachicon.gifsmiley_bartender.gif>

You..a rogue?...Naaaahhh  ;)   Oh yea and make mine a root beer, light on the sweet and heavy on the bite.  

Like I said.......it's a family.

Complete with Black Sheep and those we hide in the closet (where IS Sjors).

Some how this comment gave me a strange image of Sjors dawning the clown suit popping out of a closet in the corner of the forum and shouting, "Supplies!!"

Just for the heck of it, I'll throw in my AUD 0.02!

I too really enjoy the banter and friendly leg pulling that goes on within these logs. Real friendships seem to develop in this way, even with those we've never met or even spoken too.  To share a sense of humour as well as a common interest, and a genuine care for our fellow modellers, is what makes this forum quite special.  Let's not lose that.

Edited by gjdale

Yes, I'm out of the closet!

Or is that meaning something else….then I stay in the closet!

And for those who is not knowing this….I have to work for a living!  :D

I have Wifi in my bus , but no computer…….

So sometimes it take a while before I'm responding at an post.

And there is also problems with the internet at home.

And yes, we pay the bill!

And I have to train my seals to see is everybody building or working…..maybe sleeping?

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Edited by Sjors

I love the community spirit on the forum, long lasting friendships are made from guys & gals we may never meet but just having them around makes the world a much nicer place to live in. B)

It lightens the dull days and fills us with a sense of belonging which cannot be said with many of the local communities we find ourselves living in. :(  :)  :)

Keep on laughing, keep on building and Augie, we want pictures for you know who. :D  :D :D  

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

tin foil Sjors...........tin foil!.......or,  you may have to go on the roof and reorient the antenna!  LOL!

I read the posts earlier,  and decided to stay out of it.  I love to talk as much as anyone.......what else is there to do between pictures.  I too enjoy the company here.  when MSW went down.......I was truly lost........not being able to sit down and visit with you all,  was a real bummer.  this is the #1 site that I belong to........you folks and your builds are the greatest.

even stranger than that Daniel...........a clown doing a French ship........you would think that a mime would be doing one......but that would be a boring build log.......only pictures :)

Edited by popeye the sailor

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Thought I heard someone say pictures...guess it is PR only just as well.

Clowns training seals to use hi tech spy tools while disguised as whales...while the spiders do the rigging. Who'd a think?

Looks good, Augie - my shipyard flies are on layoff during the move if you need incentive pay for the spiders!

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

The MSW Menagerie continues to grow day by day... and it's also readily apparent that the inmates are running the asylum here....

And there's nothing wrong with that at all... ;)

Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

Thanks for the offer, Wayne.  But the spiders are getting un-disciplined with the summer weather spending too much time outdoors on frivolous activities.  I may need to put them on bread and water.

I hope your move goes well.  I envy you moving back to Maine.  There is something strangely comforting about having the Atlantic in your front yard.  The very best of luck, get that workshop up and running and ........hurry back!!!!!!

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

don't spiders eat flies????   food for thought ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

I miss those nifty animations.  Got a book around here someplace........

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Got to agree - GARY Larson was a genius! Far side is still the best cartoons I think, I have a few of the books and they ALWAYS make me

laugh.

ben

edited by trussben so as not to look quite so stupid!! :P  :D  :P

Edited by Trussben

I have a few myself.....snipped them from our local newspaper

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Augie,

I have not posted much for a while but when time permitted I would quickly check in on your build. Your build certainly does inspire.

Regards,

Larry

----------------------------------------------------

Current Build

US Brig Niagara

Completed Builds

George W Washburn - 1890 Tugboat

Future Builds

18th Century Longboat by MS

HM Cutter Cheerful

Wappen Von Hamburg by Corel

If your not making mistakes, your not challenging yourself – my life has been full of challenges :)

Keith - is this another example of "Their is always a good woman behind the man"?

Current Builds - 18th Century Longboat, MS Syren

Completed Builds - MS Bluenose, Panart BatteStation Cross section, Endevour J Boat Half Hull, Windego Half Hull, R/C T37 Breezing Along, R/C Victoria 32, SolCat 18

On the shelf - Panart San Felipe, Euromodel Ajax, C.Mamoli America, 

Its a sailor's Life for me! :10_1_10:

I used to always have a Far Side yearly calendar on my desk at work. It helped make an insane day bearable (no pun intended)   :D  Here is my favorite:

post-277-0-86158100-1371335709.jpg

Regards,

Larry

----------------------------------------------------

Current Build

US Brig Niagara

Completed Builds

George W Washburn - 1890 Tugboat

Future Builds

18th Century Longboat by MS

HM Cutter Cheerful

Wappen Von Hamburg by Corel

If your not making mistakes, your not challenging yourself – my life has been full of challenges :)

then you might have this one andy.   my best friend mike and I,  have been friends since childhood.  in 1969,  they moved away to Florida, to be with thier grand parents {mother's side}.  we continued to write,  becoming pen pals....so to speak.  some time in the early 70's,  he saw this in their local newspaper,  and sent it to me.......I keep it in my personal photo album.  in 1974,  I moved down there,  after graduating from high school........the whole family came up to N.H. and he got to attend.......even the cool party afterwards  :)  I'd tell you more......but it's not fit for the open feed  ;)

post-612-0-47127700-1371340459_thumb.jpg

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock: