US Brig Syren by Augie - FINISHED - Model Shipways - 1:64

nawwww.........he just meant that we like to spread the love for the hobby.  

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Popeye is on FIRE  today!!!! :D  :D

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Augie - Seems to me it wasn't that long ago you were talking about how close you were to finishing this build and I was suggesting that you would stretch it out until you reached 80 pages! LOL well you blew past that with no problem at all. I guess the new goal is 100?

Current Builds - 18th Century Longboat, MS Syren

Completed Builds - MS Bluenose, Panart BatteStation Cross section, Endevour J Boat Half Hull, Windego Half Hull, R/C T37 Breezing Along, R/C Victoria 32, SolCat 18

On the shelf - Panart San Felipe, Euromodel Ajax, C.Mamoli America, 

Its a sailor's Life for me! :10_1_10:

Dang - coming in at the aft end of this thread is a bit dis orienting! Supporting Sjors addictions, and now giggolets? What's next - fishing for moose????? I am so confused?/!?!??

Edited by trippwj

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

I think we already covered moose fishing somewhere around here..... :huh:

And that statement in itself is a sad reflection of the state of the weirdos around here..... (Of which, I assure you, I am proudly one :P;) )

Andy

Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

Andy I am sure you are also proud to be the first to post on page 86. :)

Completed Builds - MS Bluenose, Panart BatteStation Cross section, Endevour J Boat Half Hull, Windego Half Hull, R/C T37 Breezing Along, R/C Victoria 32, SolCat 18

Weirdos, Andy???  <goes and looks at the denizens of certain builds and then looks in mirror>  Oh.. nevermind.

Maybe we ought to figure out something involving RC aircraft, moose, and model ships?   <goes back, looks in mirror>  Yeah.. nevermind.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

You folks are a hoot.  Hmmmm -----owls????

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

oh....don't go and throw something 'fowl'  into the mix  :)   although you may be right Floyd.....if this banter keeps up,  Augie might just make 100.   stretching this out like this though........it's Ok.....but I would think that if he wanted another ship build to continue with....there would be a kit making it's way to his doorstep.   I know that it's hard........the last bit of work to any build is the toughest.........the moment that one can say,   it's done.....I'm finished.........the release is saddening {believe it or not}....it's the strangest feeling.   I felt it strongly when I finished the Nordkap.....because I didn't have anything to back it up.   I guess {pause,  I got coffee on my 'H'}  {OK....unpause} this is another reason why I have so many builds in the works........I finish one.......I just go in the hallway and get another one

post-612-0-21293900-1374584891_thumb.jpg

but in the meantime.......one must find the disipline not to keep adding to the roster

post-612-0-70624900-1374584995_thumb.jpg

these are for the special builds I will be doing down the road.   I already have one set of keel and ribs...I need to make the ribs for these two.........no rush though :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

there's the Hienkel 219 "owl"..........now there's a big project ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Quick! Quick! dial 911 we have a run away log oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  post-127-0-91126600-1374585117.gif  post-127-0-24295900-1374585068.gif

post-127-0-66779900-1374585145.gif

Robbyn

If you risk nothing, you risk everything!

Current builds

Syren (Model Shipways) version 2.0

AL San Francisco II

Mordaunt (Euro Model)

Completed Builds

18th Century Longboat designed by Chuck Passaro

In the closet

Battle Station

Al Charles Morgan (1980s version)

:D  :D  :D Leave it to you Shaz to contribute to the lunacy. :dancetl6:

Augie,

I know somewhere in the 86 pages there is a build log…...

I just say that to remind you of that.

It's not only goes about moose, fishing, RC aircraft and more of that stuff…...

Let me be the first to talk about your Syren.

Shaz is not starting her's so I'll come to you….

Great job on the rigging !!!!!! :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Floyd, what can I say....I just couldn't help myself!

Sjors, patience my friend...the Syren will have her turn

Robbyn

If you risk nothing, you risk everything!

Current builds

Syren (Model Shipways) version 2.0

AL San Francisco II

Mordaunt (Euro Model)

Completed Builds

18th Century Longboat designed by Chuck Passaro

In the closet

Battle Station

Al Charles Morgan (1980s version)

in the middle of the banter.......Sjors comes as the voice of reason.........and in his build,  he's talking about living in a tent  :)    Augie only has a few pieces left........he's almost finished.   we're just keeping his mind occupied......so that when he puts the last line in place,  he won't feel so bad.   it's a very tramatic moment......don'tcha know! ;)    it is a comfort to know though,  that he's got a case to make.   it will serve as a relief in knowing that he is finished.........no more lines or drops of CA.   it's a beautiful ship Augie........can't wait to see the finishing touches ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

I'm in luck Popeye.  Turns out Syren will fit in a (very) slightly smaller case then the one I have available.  And the smaller case will (barely) fit in the best display spot in the house.  And the Base Commander likes that.  So.......... a new case has been ordered and it won't be here for 2 weeks!

This provides more time for foot dragging :D  :D .

It also allows for re-visiting the choice for the next model, based on the space left in the house.  It would now appear that there is no room left for another fully rigged ship.  What a dilemma !!!!!!  So now I must consider what's available in a scale I like, in a ship I like.  It's complicated.

Decisions, decisions........

Oh yeah.......back to the anchors......

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

On with the Show.... B) 

J.Pett

“If you're going through hell, keep going” (Winston Churchill)

Current build:  MS Rattlesnake (MS2028)

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/45-model-shipways-rattlesnake-ms2028-scale-164th/

Side Build: HMS Victory: Corel

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/3709-hms-victory-by-jpett-corel-198/?p=104762

On the back burner:  1949 Chris Craft Racer: Dumas

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/939-1949-chris-craft-racer-by-jpett-dumas-kit-no-1702/

Sometime, but not sure when: Frigate Berlin: Corel

http://www.corel-srl.it/pdf/berlin.pdf

You guys are a BIG help.  Putting on an addition, building under the 'Big Top', going blind working on a 1:150,000 model.

Ben has the best solution......just the wrong ship  :rolleyes:

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

you mean comodores don't live in tents?   we were missinformed,  I guess ;)   if you prefere........OK,  you can have a teepee.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Come on Augie join the dark side!  You could put an aircraft carrier with mini airplanes in moose head beer bottle. 

(That's how you do it Andy)  ;)

Edited by DSiemens

You guys are a BIG help.  Putting on an addition, building under the 'Big Top', going blind working on a 1:150,000 model.

Ben has the best solution......just the wrong ship  :rolleyes:

So are you going to let the cat or should I say moose out of the bag, or is this a paint thing

On with the Show.... B) 

J.Pett

“If you're going through hell, keep going” (Winston Churchill)

Current build:  MS Rattlesnake (MS2028)

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/45-model-shipways-rattlesnake-ms2028-scale-164th/

Side Build: HMS Victory: Corel

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/3709-hms-victory-by-jpett-corel-198/?p=104762

On the back burner:  1949 Chris Craft Racer: Dumas

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/939-1949-chris-craft-racer-by-jpett-dumas-kit-no-1702/

Sometime, but not sure when: Frigate Berlin: Corel

http://www.corel-srl.it/pdf/berlin.pdf

Hahahahahaha.  You have a deal JP.  When we hear about the paint, I'll spill the beans. :D  :D

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

I believe we do around here .........although I don't usually go that fer down the beer isle.......so I can't tell ya fer sure.  I kin check fer ya next time I go toda store :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Well, I tried to stay out of this one, but, just couldn't stand it any more.....we can get Moosehead all the way down here in Houston....Kroger sells it.   I owned a bar in Costa Rica, and I can buy Imperial (National Beer of Costa Rica) here at Kroger's cheaper than I could buy it wholesale in Costa Rica......go figure!

John

Current Current Builds:

US Brig Niagara on my website

FINISHED BUILD LOGS:

New Bedford Whaleboat - page on my Morgan Website:  http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com/whaleboat-build-log-by-john-fleming.html

C.W. Morgan - Model Shipways 1:64 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1785-cw-morgan-by-texxn5-johnf-ms-164-kit/

USS Constitution - Revell 1:96 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1796-uss-constitution-by-texxn5-johnf-revell-196-kit/

website US Brig Niagara Model http://www.niagaramodel.com

website Charles W Morgan Model http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com

website PROXXON DISCOUNT TOOL STORE http://proxxontoolsdiscount.com