US Brig Syren by Augie - FINISHED - Model Shipways - 1:64

That spider is obviously of the genus "Augius Nimbulus" - widely known as your common Rigging Spider, and dressed with protective hard hat ready for going aloft.

As for the frog................perhaps used as bait while Moose fishing?

I didn't know Augie was building an ARK ?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Actually, I thought the frog was doing a Gene Kelly imitation of 'Singin' in the Rain'.

NOTE -    for kittens, please see Robbyns log.

99.31% completed!  Photos @ 11......  Sunday AM, MST ( +/-)  :D

Edited by Augie

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

come on!!!!!..............squeeze out the other 69%..........and sunday at that?    you must have used Sjor's camera  LOL!

I'm not going anywhere near those kittens........If Robbyn's afraid of momma.........I'm not one to dispute it  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Popeye, you're a hoot!

The reason for my slight delay is a 'salvage' project on my AT-6 Texan as the result of planting her 2 feet deep into the ground (at 85 mph) during a 'senior moment'.  This is why I enjoy being a model shipwright -----  model ships rarely get torpedoed......although I have managed some small bench top deconstruction on this very build  :D  :D

Edited by Augie

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

pardon me if I don't hit the like button.........nothing pleasing about that!   that's not the one you showed me is it?  was that the last flight for it?  you have my condolences........as she goes to that great hanger in the sky :(   I understand for the grieving time.

I've been slow......haven't done anything to the spitfire.  I gotta get a move on........the summer's almost over ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

"Salvage" and not "rebuild"... sounds bad Augie.   My condolences.  After crashing every control line bird I ever built, I gave up.  Didn't want to think about RC and receivers, solenoids, etc. hitting the ground. 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thanks guys.  Occupational hazard.  That was my 'practice' AT-6.  I have another :)

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

At long last, the anchors are aboard.  Someone asked how to get the tackles in there as there appears to be very little space.  The only answer is to play with the forward leaning angle of the anchors to make just enough space for the tackles.  Here's how they came out:

post-56-0-17781600-1374946320_thumb.jpg

post-56-0-48619500-1374946353_thumb.jpg

Now, as I'm not going to add any flags, I added the flag halliards and that leaves...........    nothing !!!!!!!!!!

So tomorrow, I intend to do the photo shoot and make the formal announcement of completion :rolleyes: 

ALL ARE INVITED TO ATTEND 

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Augie you've got to be proud of yourself you have built a beautiful ship.Now get the chair out and just look at your fine job for an hour or two.Well done.Ron.

Current builds: HMS Victory - Caldercraft 1:72

Completed builds: HMB Endeavour - OcCre 1:54   HMS Supply - Caldercraft 1:64. Fishing boats, Bremen,  Palamos.

Augie,

Again a fabulous job on the anchors…...

I have the champagne bottle ready for you…….

It takes to long before it is sunday…..

And when it is sunday for me, I have to wait the whole day before I see anything  :(

Because your sunday starts later……..

Can we not change it for only one time?

If my sunday is there, yours also?  :D  :D  :D  :D

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Congratulations, thanks for providing such a wonderful example of the art for us to strive to achieve.

Cheers, Harley

Cheers, Harley<p 

Under Construction:       USS Curtis Wilbur DDG-54 1/200 by ILoveKit

Completed:                     F-35A 1/48 by Tamiya

USS Atlanta CL-51 1/350 by Very Fire 

Liberty Ship John W. Brown 1/350 by Trumpeter

HMS Spiraea K-08 1/350 

USS Arizona BB-39 1/200 by Trumpeter/Mk1 Design

HMS Sir Gareth 1/350 by Starling Models

USS Missouri BB-63 1945 1/350 by Joy-Yard, 9/11/21

USS Indianapolis CA-35 1945 1/350 by Trumpeter

USS Kidd DD-661, 1945, 1/350, on The Sullivans kit by Trumpeter

USS Alaska CB-1, 1/350, Hobby Boss, Circa 2/1945

Brig Syren 1/64 Model Shipways, Wood

Started,On Hold:     Frigate Confederacy 1/64 Model Shipways, Wood

Very nice...looking forward to the final shots!

Robbyn

If you risk nothing, you risk everything!

Current builds

Syren (Model Shipways) version 2.0

AL San Francisco II

Mordaunt (Euro Model)

Completed Builds

18th Century Longboat designed by Chuck Passaro

In the closet

Battle Station

Al Charles Morgan (1980s version)

Wow Augie,

Congratulations. You did a animaatjes-smiley-met-bordje-66050.gif

Your Syren looks absolutely gorgeous.

You may be very proud of yourself. animaatjes-smiley-met-bordje-33598.gif

Can't wait for the foto shoot tomorrow.

And a big thank you for a wonderful and entertaining buildlog. I enjoyed it.

animaatjes-smiley-met-bordje-1580864.gif

Anja

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

In the gallery: Albatros 1840 - Constructo

Absolutely beautiful Augie.

Oh...and as for the frog...my preacher always says (during the monsoons of coastal South Carolina) that "it was raining so hard he saw two bullfrogs fightin' over an umbrella."  I had no idea the saying was based on fact. ;)

So tomorrow we can post-76-0-62723200-1374957502.gif and post-76-0-92599300-1374957502.gif and post-76-0-26095300-1374957502.gif ??? 

Ok.. If we must wait, we must wait. :(

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Okay, I'm queuing up with the others for front row seats at the photo shoot. Will the Moose be attending?

did you feel it..........the feeling I described?    when the last piece was finally set in place........did you give thought that this will be the last time you'll lay a finger on this build.  ........bet you touched the hull a couple time, just to prove to your senses that this was real........all of your efforts,  made flesh.   it's a mixture of happiness and emptyness.......all rolled into one confusing ball.......it washes over you,  draining to your feet.  there's only one remedy for it,  my friend........you know what you must do.......... :ph34r:

now that I've scared you with my B.S.     you have a beautiful build  Augie.......a tribute to your talent!  the anchors are the crowning touch that finishes your Syren build to the nine!  you only made it to 91............but then again,  there's the  'after party'....that should carry you,  at the very least,  to 101!  congrats my friend,  she's a beauty !!! ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Yes, champagne, popcorn and cold beer are in order. I'[ve taken up a sitting space, and ready for the show. What an accomplishement, congratulations and hip, hip, hooray!!! Time for fireworks. What time do the festivities begin?

John

Current Current Builds:

US Brig Niagara on my website

FINISHED BUILD LOGS:

New Bedford Whaleboat - page on my Morgan Website:  http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com/whaleboat-build-log-by-john-fleming.html

C.W. Morgan - Model Shipways 1:64 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1785-cw-morgan-by-texxn5-johnf-ms-164-kit/

USS Constitution - Revell 1:96 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1796-uss-constitution-by-texxn5-johnf-revell-196-kit/

website US Brig Niagara Model http://www.niagaramodel.com

website Charles W Morgan Model http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com

website PROXXON DISCOUNT TOOL STORE http://proxxontoolsdiscount.com

Wow! is it really time? and before you reached 100 pages. I can't believe it. :pirate41:  :pirate41:  :pirate41:

Current Builds - 18th Century Longboat, MS Syren

Completed Builds - MS Bluenose, Panart BatteStation Cross section, Endevour J Boat Half Hull, Windego Half Hull, R/C T37 Breezing Along, R/C Victoria 32, SolCat 18

On the shelf - Panart San Felipe, Euromodel Ajax, C.Mamoli America, 

Its a sailor's Life for me! :10_1_10:

It is sunday !!!!!!!

Where is that photo shoot……I'm waiting…….

I think I'm gonna be singing till it is time that I see all those wonderful pictures of a wonderful build.

Come on !

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Augie,

For the love of God man, can you please do something to stop Sjors from singing.  I mean, have you heard him?

Well Done! Oh by the way today is the tomorrow you mentioned yesterday!

Pictures pictures pictures! :champagne-popping-smiley-emotic

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Current Builds: Speedwell

Completed Build Logs:  HMS Winchelsea 1/48   Duchess of Kingston USF Confederacy , US Brig Syren , Triton Cross Section , Bomb Vessel Cross SectionCutter CheerfulQueen Anne Barge, Medway Longboat

Completed Build Gallery: Brig Syren , 1870 Mississippi Riverboat , 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Runabout

oops, I believe the proper salute for a commodore is 11 guns! :pirate41:  :pirate41:  :pirate41:  :pirate41:  :pirate41:  :pirate41:  :pirate41:  :pirate41:  :pirate41:  :pirate41:  :pirate41: Or is that a Commander? Oh what the H***. Well done!

Edited by Floyd Kershner

Current Builds - 18th Century Longboat, MS Syren

Completed Builds - MS Bluenose, Panart BatteStation Cross section, Endevour J Boat Half Hull, Windego Half Hull, R/C T37 Breezing Along, R/C Victoria 32, SolCat 18

On the shelf - Panart San Felipe, Euromodel Ajax, C.Mamoli America, 

Its a sailor's Life for me! :10_1_10: