US Brig Syren by Augie - FINISHED - Model Shipways - 1:64

Paint? Moosehead?  Beans? Tents?  Sjors - the voice of reason?  I've finally seen it all...  post-76-0-86752500-1374643264.gif

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

And now it's ..............................OKTOBERFEST!!!!!!

I have to finish this lady soon or someone will start a conversation on the Large Hadron Collider and Higgs Boson.  But not today.  Today is fishin' for Cut Throat trout !

I can report that the anchors are on board and the rigging of the anchor tackles is in process :)

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Yeah, but you forgot the pictures Augie, and you KNOW what that means. "The Voice of Reason" will be on to you quicker than a rat up a drain pipe!

All this talk of moose reminds me of the credits for a Monty Python film:

Moose trained by:

Moose fed by:

Moose dressed by:

Moose chauffeur:

Moose hair stylist:

Hmmmmmmm..................

No Moose were harmed in the making of this build log! (yet)

You guys get Moosehead down there!?! Sweet.... :)

Andy

The ironic thing is I don't even drink.  I just googled alcohol and moose and picked the first thing I saw.  

Paint? Moosehead?  Beans? Tents?  Sjors - the voice of reason?  I've finally seen it all...

Just got back from vacation and while catching up on this log, I came to the exact same conclusion!!! :huh:  :blink:

Don't want to upset the balance, but a few words about the build :P  :D  - she's really a very lovely ship Augie. Looking forward to your decision for the next build!

Sherry

Every goodbye is the birth of a memory...

Current Build: San Felipe

Finished Builds: Mayflower Build Log

Gallery: Mayflower

And another page in Augie's log goes flying by. :D :D :D

Current Builds - 18th Century Longboat, MS Syren

Completed Builds - MS Bluenose, Panart BatteStation Cross section, Endevour J Boat Half Hull, Windego Half Hull, R/C T37 Breezing Along, R/C Victoria 32, SolCat 18

On the shelf - Panart San Felipe, Euromodel Ajax, C.Mamoli America, 

Its a sailor's Life for me! :10_1_10:

Ahoy Augie :D

I would love to tell you whether I will be painting or not; but the community has made it clear they do not think it is a good idea. Being a good listener I have decided to hold off until as Ben suggested, I finish the upper level planking.

I hope we will not be waiting that long for your decision,  "slow" being my middle name.

Over the last week "stagnant" could be a better choice. "lol"

So the question is "are you a good listener" :P

Edited by JPett

On with the Show.... B) 

J.Pett

“If you're going through hell, keep going” (Winston Churchill)

Current build:  MS Rattlesnake (MS2028)

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/45-model-shipways-rattlesnake-ms2028-scale-164th/

Side Build: HMS Victory: Corel

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/3709-hms-victory-by-jpett-corel-198/?p=104762

On the back burner:  1949 Chris Craft Racer: Dumas

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/939-1949-chris-craft-racer-by-jpett-dumas-kit-no-1702/

Sometime, but not sure when: Frigate Berlin: Corel

http://www.corel-srl.it/pdf/berlin.pdf

AHA!  So JP does have a reason for keeping us all in suspense!  No need to listen to the wishes of the masses.....that beautiful Rattlesnake you're putting together will look great no matter what you decide.

Back to the shipyard tomorrow after still ANOTHER fishless day under the watchful eye of still ANOTHER moose.  This is getting old ......the fishing, not the build.

FLOYD-  May as well go for 100 at this point  and then let Shaz go for the record  :D  :D

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Ahoy Augie

Great dodge

Do I need to ask again :P

On with the Show.... B) 

J.Pett

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/45-model-shipways-rattlesnake-ms2028-scale-164th/

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/3709-hms-victory-by-jpett-corel-198/?p=104762

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/939-1949-chris-craft-racer-by-jpett-dumas-kit-no-1702/

Augie,

Would a moose license be better than a fishing license right now?  I realize it's not hunting season yet....  Hmm...maybe the fish are waiting for hunting season to show themselves?

And yes... we're waiting on seeing your anchors... <taps foot>

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

AHA!  So JP does have a reason for keeping us all in suspense!  No need to listen to the wishes of the masses.....that beautiful Rattlesnake you're putting together will look great no matter what you decide.

Back to the shipyard tomorrow after still ANOTHER fishless day under the watchful eye of still ANOTHER moose.  This is getting old ......the fishing, not the build.

FLOYD-  May as well go for 100 at this point  and then let Shaz go for the record  :D  :D

Hey Keep me out of this...I can't help it people like to talk on my log lol

Robbyn

If you risk nothing, you risk everything!

Current builds

Syren (Model Shipways) version 2.0

AL San Francisco II

Mordaunt (Euro Model)

Completed Builds

18th Century Longboat designed by Chuck Passaro

In the closet

Battle Station

Al Charles Morgan (1980s version)

Hey Keep me out of this...I can't help it people like to talk on my log lol

No sweat.. we'll just make a promise to talk about your log overhere on Augie's and let him get the record.  ;)

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Augie,

Would a moose license be better than a fishing license right now?  I realize it's not hunting season yet....  Hmm...maybe the fish are waiting for hunting season to show themselves?

And yes... we're waiting on seeing your anchors...

As Monty Python seems to be popping up regularly all over the place here, no need to get a moose licence Mark; Augie can just use his fishing licence, cross out the word "fish" and write "moose" in crayon! :P :P :P

(If you want to see the original sketch: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nmyHup4TpkU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DnmyHup4TpkU )

I would have never thought!   of course it will need to be signed by the royal hand.....

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

( shakes head, wondering how this insanity began)

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Mmmmmmm,

Now I have did it……again!

I want an other name !  Please??????

And not YOU KNOW WHO !!!!!!!!!!

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

How about hey you with the coffee?

( shakes head, wondering how this insanity began)

Once upon a time, there was a website for model shipbuilding.  And a guy named Augie decided to a build a model ship.  So he started a build log....  the rest, as they say, is history.  :D  :D  :D

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

No picking on the moderators, JP  :D  :D  :P

Edited by Augie

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

LOL

On with the Show.... B) 

J.Pett

<takes off moderator hat>  Go ahead... pick away JP.  ;)

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

This is like when John Wayne takes off his Sheriff's Star.  Could get interesting :D

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Augie ! ...... would you belive this s - - - !!!!   :D  :D 

Frank 

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

I got nothing, got very lost :huh:

So for those who think they've seen everything I will just leave these here as my contributions to cause....

How about a spider wearing a water droplet as a hat?

post-61-0-23070700-1374863510_thumb.jpg

Or maybe a frog using a leaf as an umbrella!

post-61-0-05636400-1374863510.png

That should keep everyone busy till Augie is ready :P

:P I like to do what I can, free of charge.. no thanks needed,  really - the entertainment factor is enough. :P

ENJOY!

-Adam

-Adam

Current Builds

Santa Maria - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

MayFlower - Model Shipways (5/32"=1') POB
Blue Shadow - Mamoli Revolutionary War Brigantine. (Fict) (1:64) POB (Recommissioned as the Kara June)

On The Shelf Waiting so Patiently

USRC Ranger - Corel (1:50) POB

18th Century Longboat - Model Shipways (1:4) POF

La Nina - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

U.S Brig Syren - Model Shipways (1:64) POB

Completed Builds

Phantom NY Pilot Boat - Model Shipways (1:96) Solid Hull

Decommissioned Builds
(Time and conditions were not good to these. They have been cancelled =( )

Willie L Bennett - Model Shipways (1:32) POF
USRC Harriet Lane - Model Shipways (1:128) Solid Hull