US Brig Syren by Augie - FINISHED - Model Shipways - 1:64

As my 8 year old granddaughter would say,  "Are we there yet, are we there yet?"

Regards,

Larry

----------------------------------------------------

Current Build

US Brig Niagara

Completed Builds

George W Washburn - 1890 Tugboat

Future Builds

18th Century Longboat by MS

HM Cutter Cheerful

Wappen Von Hamburg by Corel

If your not making mistakes, your not challenging yourself – my life has been full of challenges :)

Sorry Popeye ---- gotta be glass.

Back at work, we had a lot of equipment with see- through enclosures and about every 2 years some guy would show up with some new wonder material guaranteed to be scratch PROOF.  Usually some new polymer treated with cosmic rays or radioactive fairy dust.  We'd try a sample, throw it away after 8 months and go back to glass.

Hell, even my eyeglasses are glass.  This allows me to wipe off the sawdust with 220 grit paper and none the worse for wear.

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Can somebody tells me where it goes all this small talk?????

We are here and not there and then we go to glasses from glass because you can sand it with 200 grit sandpaper??????

I thought we were talk about a glass case for that great build of  Augie.

I need my tom-tom…..( if you know what that is, otherwise ask Wayne, he use it this whole month…) :D

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

This is almost exciting as the count down on New Years Eve ! !! :D

Frank

Edited by riverboat

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Amazing,  Zen and Nietzsche and Steven Wright have finally met on Augie's esteemed build....and during a countdown, yet.    It does boggle the mind.  :unsure:  

I think, therefore I'll go have a beer. post-76-0-56322600-1375308647.gif

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Are we having fun yet?

Personally, I'm goin' fishin' tomorrow as a tune up for next weeks' annual, week-long  trip to the Western slope.  Hope the mark is hit by the time I get home tomorrow to start packing. 

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

I wonder what the prize will be for the first person to make an entry on page 100? Suggestions???

Regards,

Larry

Current Build

US Brig Niagara

Completed Builds

Future Builds

HM Cutter Cheerful

If your not making mistakes, your not challenging yourself – my life has been full of challenges :)

Could you begin your next build and probable builds in this same Log, after adding the new one (by moderators) on the title to keep up the Log open?

We should count up for thousandth page!...  ...  ...

We don't want it will be ended... m1520.gif

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Under construction: Frigate Berlin (Brandenburg Navy)

Hope: Frigate Wappen Von Hamburg (Brandenburg Navy)

Nice try Ferit. What Andy said.  Besides, Augie's next ship is the Confederacy.   A bigger, more complex project.  It ought to be worth a lot more than 100 pages. :P

Augie, I hope no-one hits me.... 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Maybe we can linked this build log with the Confed build log?

Or prepare Augie's pc so it looks like he is creating a new build log only he goes further on this one???

I think I know a nice price for the first one who came at page 100………one of the fish that Augie catch….so that person stays empty handed  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Or a statue of a moose or maybe a box of rigging spiders?

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Also a thought to keep in mind this log was started before the big crash so it was restarted and the beginning summarized.  The Confederacy will begin on the new site and will have derailing side conversations from the beginning.  Chances is are it may push 200 pages.  

I was afraid someone would remember that Dan.  The old log was around 50 pages as I recall.....but there were less posts/page.

Carry on ------ I'm outta here for today :D

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Enjoy your time away...

Regards,

Larry

Current Build

US Brig Niagara

Completed Builds

Future Builds

HM Cutter Cheerful

I hope to resume working on my ship today. I spent the day cleaning up the garage/workshop, it was a major disaster.

Darn! That did not flip the page.... :D

It was a late flip, one more to go...

Edited by lb0190

Regards,

Larry

Current Build

US Brig Niagara

Completed Builds

Future Builds

HM Cutter Cheerful

You'll be fishing, we'll be modeling and the pages keep turning. What a great day! :) 

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Current Builds: Speedwell

Completed Build Logs:  HMS Winchelsea 1/48   Duchess of Kingston USF Confederacy , US Brig Syren , Triton Cross Section , Bomb Vessel Cross SectionCutter CheerfulQueen Anne Barge, Medway Longboat

Completed Build Gallery: Brig Syren , 1870 Mississippi Riverboat , 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Runabout

dont let me get the 100th page

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

this is going to be like a childs game - the last block removed before it topples over to the 100

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

have a good time fishing Augie..........just to let you know.......I finally painted my spitfire yesterday afternoon / evening.  I'll get a picture to you before you leave on your big trip :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Since it takes 15 entries to flip a page we need eight more posts after this one... Here is the countdown... 8

Almost forgot, Augie your ship looks great, can hardly wait toseewhat you do for a display case.

Edited by lb0190

Regards,

Larry

Current Build

US Brig Niagara

Completed Builds

Future Builds

HM Cutter Cheerful

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Do we have firework when we are at 100 ?

@ Wayne, I think when we are waiting for Augie when he catch a fish, then we can wait till the year 2222 :D  :D  :D

Sjors ( at the garage )