IJN Ise 1944 by RGL - FINISHED - Fujimi - 1/350 - PLASTIC

you gotta give yourself a little credit though.......a lot of these parts are as small as the P.E. your using.  not to mention the set up and paint ;)    wonderful bit of progress there!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

The kit provided anchor is pretty much rubbish, the stock is a curved piece of plastic! There are also no stern anchors provided. 

I widened the hawser holes holes and used a North Star anchor set, joined to the Artwox chain, running strait through to the capstans. Hawser holes covers, chain stoppers and brake handles, as well as covers for the bit where the chain runs into the chain locker. 

The bit where the chain runs was recessed into the deck after the wooden deck was used, so I used the cut outs as stencils to cut plastic strip to fill the holes. 

Mall of the bollards from the kit were shaved off ages ago and are brass on plastic strip. 

Little bit of weathering, and railings to go.  

IMG_5222.JPG

IMG_5223.JPG

IMG_5224.JPG

IMG_5230.JPG

IMG_5231.JPG

Greg

Should you have thickend the "chain gutter" on your previous builds too?

The wheathering looks really good on the bow and forecastle, as does the colour. You picked up these trades very quickly mate ... inspiring ... very much so!!!

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

It's good you are stubborn mate ... that will make you finish the work at hand. That trapezium muscle is a bit over extending yourself, you know you should do it with your hands right - by the way left or right side ...

Railing is looking good despite your muscle pains

Carl

The Pagoda has been lightly weathered with grime, rust and salt. The lugs that go into the deck were cut off and it sits almost perfectly snug without glue. I'll weather the funnel next, then once attached I can add the crane and it's rigging. You can see from the close up there is a lot of detail to add, and I still need to add 9 25mm's, and do up the remainder of the 13.7cm guns plus one barrel which has gone god knows where. 

IMG_5248.JPG

IMG_5249.JPG

IMG_5247.JPG

IMG_5250.JPG

IMG_5253.JPG

IMG_5254.JPG

Greg

really nice work Greg!   look'in super  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

The stack, or funnel. Horrible bit of kit as the PE really needs to be done up with the deck to get the alignment correct which if flat out impossible with the wooden stick on deck. Good enough for government work and weathered using black pastels for soot. 

This is the last main structure with only the mast to go and then lots of planes, boats and guns. 

IMG_5256.JPG

IMG_5257.JPG

IMG_5259.JPG

IMG_5261.JPG

IMG_5263.JPG

IMG_5264.JPG

Greg

I still think you don't give yourself enough credit......she looks awesome!   the funnel structure looks so realistic.....WOW!   now if I can only learn a fraction of what you do with these vessels.......I think I'm too old to learn new tricks  :)   beautifully done Greg!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

• 3 weeks later...

I haven’t posted for a while because there has been an enormous amount of small piecework to do. Putting a fence around the back veranda; I don’t know if the flight deck had railings, but I know the rear bit did as the video of the ship in 1945 shows it. I’ve added the 6 rocket launchers at the stern, the turntables and done up the 25mm’s. That is just back breaking work, 31 triple 25mm’s, each with individual barrels and magazines and 11 singles. Tomorrow I can start throwing them on. The baseboard was made up for me and is a beautiful bit of hardwood with Tung oil to season. 

D22E61C5-DBB1-4A3A-B8B0-060C2E79D9CC.jpeg

9B21324F-9CE4-4704-9DA3-89808F356BAA.jpeg

69376146-1E46-4D53-8C99-0BE837A5D235.jpeg

313E1FE3-349F-47B0-81AB-8501791BA6BC.jpeg

ABA69BB6-7C99-490A-9AB4-2B6F1C54C41B.jpeg

CA0D2749-0DC9-4062-8C56-0F901C327E60.jpeg

Greg

She is looking superb greg easily your best to date  pure genius.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

There is always a certain amount of hands on - reaching across - holding a model to do work on them, and sometimes parts get broken or knocked off, but your work with extra fine details always looks as if you have mini robots doing the work for you, or you must have a surgeons hands.

Amazing.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Work inboard to outboard. Wait till you see the convoluted mast. I was starting to get a bit stale with this build, and considering I still have the ship’s boats and aircraft to go I think I’ll be well and truely over my IJN phase after this one. 

Edited by RGL

Greg

1 minute ago, RGL said:

Work inboard to outboard. Wait till you see the convoluted mast. I was starting to get a bit stale with this build, and considering I still have the ship’s boats and aircraft to go I think I’ll be well and truely over my IJN phase after this one. 

I still salute your experise greg  I know not just me but a good few of us think you are a master craftsman,  and have established a benchmark on here pushing the boudaries of plastic modeling.

Good on you greg.:cheers:

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

"set the TV aerial up... " At least you can watch "The Man in the Yellow Hat" during a lull in the fight ...

Great work on the mini flight deck, although, I wouldn't have expected a railing on it. On the other hand the crew, sizewise, would easily be blown off. You've got yourself a very nice base board too. Hope it fits in your collection, if not you may always send it over.

Didn't know you could phase out ... but what will you phase in to after this one ...

Marvelous work again Greg!!

Edited by cog

Carl

Who's been a busy boy then :)  Looks great Greg.  Here you are nearly two done, already bought the third and I have hardly dented the build of the Victoria :( - but I have been a little distracted with making furniture for the latest addition to the family - a lovely granddaughter :)

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

Very awesome update!   so much detail...........it's amazing  :)   railings look sweet!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock: