Half Moon by Anja - Corel - Wood - 1:50 - (d'Halve Maen)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Anja,

very nice build so far, looking forward to the start of your Hannah Project.

Cheers,

Udo

Current builds:

Le Coureur 1776 - CAFmodel 1/48

VOC Retourship Batavia

Boston Typhoon steam trawler 1/32

Research/Side Projects/On Hold:

H.M. Bark Endeavour 

HMS Bounty 1787

Dear friends,

My apologies to you all for letting you wait so long for an update.

Your patience has been put to the test many times, and you've never let me down.

I really appreciate that a lot.

I feel I owe you an explanation for being so absent lately.

A few weeks ago I was offered a now position within the company.

One that will give me the opportunity to develop new skills and knowledge.

I have been in my current job for over 20 years, but I hit a ceiling. I wasn't happy anymore.

The job didn't challenge me or learned me new things. I was ready for a change.

While it's okay to hold onto some of the things I've learned in my previous job and use that knowledge in my new job, I realise that my new job has it's own way of doing things.

I know the skills I need for this position, and learning any that I need to develop or improve.

Learning each new skill is my goal during my first few months.

This has kept and keeps me busy and gives me little time for something else.

It's a real challenge, but I love my new job.

Thank you all again for your patience and understanding.

Anja

PS @ Udo, my hands are itching to start the Hannah.

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

In the gallery: Albatros 1840 - Constructo

Congratulations, Anja.  I have faith that you shall master the skills and excel at your new posting, and continue to show them that you are a true gem worth keeping!

All the best -

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

Anja,

Congratulations on the new position.  Taking care of work,  home, family is more important than a hobby.   We are a patient lot as we wait for glue and paint to dry so we'll wait for when you can get back to the modeling bench.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hello dear Anja,

I also congratulate you on new position and wish you all the best in your life. You are very kind girl, do not worry about the hobby, sometimes people need a break to achieve new power and energy.

Take care and have a great time!

All the best :piratebo5:

Doris

Doris

Current build:

HMS Royal Katherine 1664 from card

Congratulations on the new job Anja - I was wondering why we hadn't heard from you. ;)

Take your time and come back to the ship when you're ready. It will still be waiting, and so will we. As Mark said, we're a patient lot - well, maybe with the exception of Sjors that is! :P

Anja, that is terrific to hear!  It is always great to get a chance to open up and learn new things and find a new challenge in life. GOOD FOR YOU!!!

I am sure you will be very successful!

-Adam

Current Builds

Santa Maria - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

MayFlower - Model Shipways (5/32"=1') POB
Blue Shadow - Mamoli Revolutionary War Brigantine. (Fict) (1:64) POB (Recommissioned as the Kara June)

On The Shelf Waiting so Patiently

USRC Ranger - Corel (1:50) POB

18th Century Longboat - Model Shipways (1:4) POF

La Nina - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

U.S Brig Syren - Model Shipways (1:64) POB

Completed Builds

Phantom NY Pilot Boat - Model Shipways (1:96) Solid Hull

Decommissioned Builds
(Time and conditions were not good to these. They have been cancelled =( )

Willie L Bennett - Model Shipways (1:32) POF
USRC Harriet Lane - Model Shipways (1:128) Solid Hull

Anja

I just want to write some words, but gjdale wrote exactly what I mean

Waiting for your progress

Nenad

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

Hi Anja,

A big congratulations from me too!  When I read your words I can tell you really are so happy and excited with the challenges of your new job and that is just so nice to read!  This hobby (and community) is a wonderful place but you spend so many hours at work you just have to be happy so that the rest of each week is happy too.

Like everybody else I will be following your ship and seeing the progress when you get time to relax with her.

Congrats again!

Hi Anja... Congrats on your new job, you've been with that company a long time, so you certainly deserve the promotion, Your enthusiasm makes me want to back to work!!! :o  (just kidding :D :D :D ) Best wishes to you....... Don't let Sjors slack off now just because you got promoted!! :P

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

@ Nenad,

Thanks for stopping by. I too know what you mean.

@Bindi,

Thank you too for stopping by and the warm and kind words.

@ Frank,

Thanks a lot my friend. You are more than welcome to come over and assist me. We would make a great team.

No, Sjors is not slacking off, he has taken over my workspace.

Thank you all again for stopping by and the kind words, I appreciate it a lot.

Keep up the good work on your builds. Although I don't comment, I watch and enjoy your work quietly.

Anja

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

Hello all,

Finally an update, it was long overdue.

The railings and the grating at the bow section are in place. They just need a little touching up and staining.

Now I can really see where I made the mistakes. Before placing the railings I wish I had thought of using a template to get the right angles/roundings like J. (JCT) did on his Half Moon.

But that is water under the bridge and something to keep in mind for future reference.

The rudder is also in place.

Tomorrow it is time to start shaping the masts and spars.

Thanks for watching.

Anja

attachicon.gifPort side view.JPG

attachicon.gifBow.JPG

attachicon.gifGrating bow.jpg

attachicon.gifRudder.JPG

Hi, Anja!

I can't see attached pictures. What could be the problem?

Kind regards,

Hrvoje :)

Finished: Leut by Dida

My current build: Leut II

My forum dealing with traditional Croatian and Mediterranean shipbuilding: http://drvenibrodovi.forumotion.eu.

Hello Hrvoje,

Yes, I need to replace them.

There were some problems, just have a look at this topic. It will explain a lot. http://modelshipworl...ance-scheduled/

Best regards,

Anja

Hi Anja...

I'm sad because I have not before joined MSN because I'd before instructed You not to do the mistakes that You made when building this model ... I want to tell You that You know in the future, for the next build:
...first make out the construction (connect the elements), set the base for the deck, so when You see that all is well spread glue with a brush to all points of contact between the elements ... then, sanding the edges. adjust bulkheads and plank the model with planks (always putting a plank on the one side, and the corresponding plank on the other side, so that You can always assure that they are placed equally on both sides of the model)  ... then cut off the tops of the bulkheads (above the deck) and then plank the base of the deck with planks ... I would like to see your next work :)

Excuse the bad English, please...

P.S.  please low the pics resolution please, I can not see all of Yours pictures too...

Edited by MarisStella.hr

• 2 weeks later...

Hello MarisStella,

My apologies for the late reply.

Thankyou for looking in at my build and for the tips, it is most appreciated.

And your English is just fine.

Hello Klaas,

Thank you too for stopping by and for the compliment.

It is much appreciated.

I wish I could find the energy and inspiration again to put her back on the table.

April 19th will be a fantastic day. And it will be great meeting you and the others.

Thank you both again.

Anja

• 2 months later...

No time for modeling Anja ?

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

Hello Nenad,

Thank you for stopping by and for asking.

I am five months into my new job now. Spending my workday making decisions, trying to solve problems, evaluating new information, make/give presentations, make manuals/guidelines, provide workshops on how the program works. Pfffffffffffft

It is still very demanding, but I hope that will all settle down in the near future.

Next thursday it is vacation time for three weeks. And after that........ I will do my best to finish my Half Moon.

Thanks again and take care,

Anja

Enjoy your vacation Anja and I look forward to seeing a resumption of your lovely Half Moon when you return.

It is still very demanding, but I hope that will all settle down in the near future.   {Anja wrote}

when you get back,  you can tell us which is more demanding............work,  or keeping Sjors in line while on vacation  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

It is still very demanding, but I hope that will all settle down in the near future.   {Anja wrote}

when you get back,  you can tell us which is more demanding............work,  or keeping Sjors in line while on vacation  ;)

I'm sure Anja will be looking forward to going back to work for a rest after a couple of weeks with both Sjors and Mobbsie! One can only endure so much fun! At least she will have Mobbsie's Admiral Christine to help keep her sanity! :P;):)

Hey Anja,

I'm looking forward to you getting back to work on your HM, you can join Popeye's and my MSW Official currently building a Half Moon  club...we were  thinking about club shirts but couldn't agree on a color :D :D :D;) (just kidding)

Looking forward to your next post!

J

Edited by jct

red and white stripes! :) just as long as we're not confused with 'Moonies'

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch