HMS VICTORY by Kevin - FINISHED - Caldercraft - 1/72

making the rings has been the worst bit it was not until i looked at Gils did it occur to me that each rope has two rings on it - at 90 deg to each other like a chain, so i am having to make them, by wing some brass wire around a drill bit

post-68-0-98384400-1361663796_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kevin

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Hey Kevin

One thing life has taught me is that the only constant is change.

Dropping all the weight you have is an extraordinary event to experience. I'm so happy for you and hope your new direction leads to the place you wish to be. Funny how sometimes the best stuff in life hits you unexpected. As a research chemist I never would have even considered teaching high school but life pulled me that way and it felt right. It ended up being my 2nd best decision of my life (Tam will always be the 1st).

Best of luck on your new future plans and dreams. The ports look great also.

Hey Kevin

One thing life has taught me is that the only constant is change.

Dropping all the weight you have is an extraordinary event to experience. I'm so happy for you and hope your new direction leads to the place you wish to be. Funny how sometimes the best stuff in life hits you unexpected. As a research chemist I never would have even considered teaching high school but life pulled me that way and it felt right. It ended up being my 2nd best decision of my life (Tam will always be the 1st).

Best of luck on your new future plans and dreams. The ports look great also.

Thank you, i think it is time for a change, the mundane 0730 to 1700 is not for me, after all the years in the RN  - i need something,on top of my pension to help clear the mortgage but, it is more than that, i want to be the owner of my own future, of course it could all go pear shapped, but it ia a risk for me worth taking, and i will keep everyone here informed of how its going, - lol no where at present as the person, to do my first interview is on holiday until tomorrow, but it has given me chance to think about the future

Edited by Kevin

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Future is something I've had to learn to redefine, with this illness it has forced so much I never chose for myself. Life continues whether you want it to or not. When opportunity knocks, answer. If it feels right, stick in your toe and test the waters.

one thing for sure, if you risk nothing in life - you risk everything and gain nothing also.

I learned to be motivated by my gut instincts and Its usually been correct. I feel I've had an extraordinary life due to following my heart.

All good things in life are a struggle, character to me is not determined by how one handles the loses but rather the Victories (pun intended).

Oh the cakes not for you, The wabbits are just letting you blow out the candles. Then off to their hutches to celebrate Happy Owners Birthday Day.

Dumping 32 kilo's is such a great thing, its worth celebrating even if it wasn't your burthday. I'll bet you feel several years younger this year. I've dropped a large amount like that before and Its such a great feeling, both mentally and physically.

Hi Kevin,

A very Happy Birthday to my friend, Here's hoping that day brings all you desire. :champagne:

Congrat's on the weight loss mate, that's fantastic and must make you feel real good.

I'm just coming up to the point where I have to do my own gun port lids so I'm following your example very closely.

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

Another birthday!  Make today a great one, Kevin!

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

good afternoon everyone, thank you for the Birthday wishes, very much appreciated

had a play with the mizzen mast, months ahead of where i am at present, but fancied a change, if i have to do it again, it's no big deal

i did the mast in two sections, 8mm dowel, and 5mm square stock, and will pin the two together

post-846-0-38601900-1377964783_thumb.jpg

the mast is tapered on the two sides so as to fit the cheeks. but is banded with styrene before and after they are added, the assembly is then primed

post-846-0-12676500-1377964798_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-01754700-1377964810_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

not a lot to show for 4 hours work, but what a difference it make to the profile of the build, the banding was made with plastic strips, - not finished 

one of the reasons i have done this early is to have a rough idea where the shrouds will lie, as i want to place the 1/4 deck davits in soon, they fit between the deadeys.

post-846-0-59203000-1377970263_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-91457300-1377970544_thumb.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Hi Kevin

Its been a while since i peaked in on your build, but i must say your Victory looks amazing at the moment.

You have done a great job.. :)

And a Happy birthday to you Kevin

Børge

Current build(restore, bashing)
BB582 "Dragen" Scale 1:12

On hold: BB534 Bolougne Etaples Scale 1:20

Not started: Model Shipways MS2040 USS Constitution 1:76

:piratebo5: 

happy birthday. Hope it is a great one.

Mort

Current Build - Caldercraft Victory

Completed - Artesiana Latina Swift, Harvey, MGS Prince de Neufchatel, Imai USS Susquehanna, Mamoli Constitution, Rattlesnake per Hunt Practium, Caldercraft Snake, Diana, Kammerlander Duke William 

Waiting to be Launched -  Bluejacket Constitution

Proud member of The New Jersey Ship Model Society

Gasp... she's masted!!!!!  Cool!!!   oh.. and I hope you've had a great birthday in spite of no cake.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Gasp... she's masted!!!!!  Cool!!!   oh.. and I hope you've had a great birthday in spite of no cake.

No mark, she is not masted, i have part of the mizzen mast in place, so that i can set up the 1/4 deck boat davits, the main mast dowel, is there's because i keep dropping things in the hole, and it is always bits i didnt want to loose

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

the main mast dowel, is there's because i keep dropping things in the hole, and it is always bits i didnt want to loose

That's Murphy's law Kevin !

But it looks nice...

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

good afternoon - its me again

completed the steps and side access hatch today (port side), only had 1st painting though, bright afternoon, so took her back out side to blow the dust off

post-846-0-35873700-1378048914_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-57172200-1378048919_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-13163900-1378048930_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-93756600-1378048935_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-25835000-1378048941_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-61835000-1378048949_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-86252200-1378048954_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-38070500-1378048960_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

NICE!  She's growing pretty quickly now.

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

A belated Happy Birthday Kevin. I'll be dropping off your present with Mobbsie next weekend. :)

Nice work on the Mizzen. The ship is looking great.

Hi Kevin, I've been quietly following your build, excellent work. Thank you for the latest set of photos, the lighting outside was just right to show off the yellow ochre. I have the 1/90 scale Mamoli Victory waiting in the wings and was a little worried how she would look. I have the Caldercraft paint set for her but most builds I see show her looking rather more yellow, it's been many years since I visited Victory so don't remember exactly how she looks.

Thanks

Gary

PS A belated happy birthday.

Hi Kevin, I've been quietly following your build, excellent work. Thank you for the latest set of photos, the lighting outside was just right to show off the yellow ochre. I have the 1/90 scale Mamoli Victory waiting in the wings and was a little worried how she would look. I have the Caldercraft paint set for her but most builds I see show her looking rather more yellow, it's been many years since I visited Victory so don't remember exactly how she looks.

Thanks

Gary

PS A belated happy birthday.

Thank you, i like the Caldercraft paints, they also get deeper, depending on the amount of coats used,

Gil Middletons uses Polyscale Acrylics from Testor 

Chris watten uses http://www.acrylicosvallejo.com/en_US/model-color/family/15 

where as Keith Jullier uses Humbrol Paints

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished