Red Dragon by Vivian Galad - Artesania Latina - 1:60 - modified

That all looks really wonderful.  I was raised in Louisiana so peppers are alway welcome.  I think that I will take a break and go find some meat to eat.

Jack

"I Love the smell of sawdust in the morning" apologies to John Melius

Current Build:      Bomb Vessel Granado, 1742 - Cross Section Scratch Build 

Previous Builds:  Oseberg Billing Boats 9th Century Viking Ship Modified

Bluenose ll, AL, Lightly Bashed

Louisa Morrison Half Hull, Scratch Build

Photography Website:     http://www.27birds.com

After seeing those pictures... I'm whipping up some adobo sauce and grilling some flank steaks tonight. 

I'm not so sure the dignitaries might not have liked a squid dinner...  and the picture you posted is incredible.  That model must be huge.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Vivian,

The BEST bbq on this planet, I discovered this amazing treat when I was in Brasil. !!!! AND caipirinhas well what can I say, my sweetheart is Brasilian, so sweet, but after 2 of those if you don't understand---Hmm ??? So love Brasil!! 

PS; PBR ?? Let's see who wins (:-) We have a holding...

Michael

Edited by md1400cs

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

FOOD!!!!!!!   the other great Hobby!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

OH and let's not forget Feijoada, now that takes two days to prepare but years to forget....

Edited by md1400cs

Michael

Under the table:

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Hans, Brazil has many regions and many regional food. Southern Brazilian food isn´t spiced, while northern is. For my taste, I do love peppers, the stronger the best - I have some Bhut Jolokia for daily use... lol

Oops - one of the hottest in the world !?  I just read only the Carolina Reaper is even hotter (and given it's name maybe lethal...)

I'll stick to Jalapenos as a nice and eatable max. I really do like hot - but it must be bearable, and you still have to taste some food

Hans   

Owner of Kolderstok Models - 17th century Dutch ships.

Please visit www.kolderstok.com for an overview of the model kits available   

Gunther, sorry for that!

Jack, meat is a pleasure nature gives us - pepper and meat together is something deific.

Michael, we do have some paradisiac food, and well, maybe some more-than-that drinking ;) . I was raised on a brazilian/russian/italian crossover cultural base and drinking is a fammily problem/matter/thing, truth is I have to hold myself with caipirinhas around :rolleyes: :rolleyes: . I´m not the rodeo fan, but we have some good bull raiders in here. And Feijoada is hardcore eating!! Every good brazilian cook has it´s recipe (I do have mine :D ).

Popeye, that's mine too. Either make or eat - but some evil genes get on my way and beauty standards keep me from it as I would like. Well, health is an issue too...

Buck, ask about online courses to Sjor´s gnomes :P :P :P

Hans, I think to eat strong peppers is a process. I always liked them, but not that hot until I begun to try some new ones, with different types of food; so I developed a tolerance to strong peppers. I read about some new breeds, though and already ordered some Trinidad Scorpion. Scales say Carolina Reaper is a little bit above this one. ^_^

About spicy food - the Dutch have had some Indonesian influences :rolleyes: , and hot and spicy belonged to it as well.  A traditional Indonesian rice table consisted of white rice (of course) in the middle of your plate, and then around it diferent kinds of hot and sweet meats, fish, vegetables like beans etc.

The thing then was (so I was told) to eat around your plate - so first something hot with rice, then something sweet with rice  - hot - sweet - hot - sweet.

This because when you've eaten something hot, the sweetness (sugar) would "cool" it down again - in fact more than drinking water or beer or so.

Hans   

Hans, I think to eat strong peppers is a process. I always liked them, but not that hot until I begun to try some new ones, with different types of food; so I developed a tolerance to strong peppers. I read about some new breeds, though and already ordered some Trinidad Scorpion. Scales say Carolina Reaper is a little bit above this one. ^_^

It's a pity Brazil is a bit too far away - but I'd like to taste some food with the diffirent peppers!

Hans   

Nice song which fits perfectly to this:  Don't fear the reaper - Blue Oyster Cult  :)

Here's a link to Youtube: 

And - dear readers - this is it for now - back to the studio- back to Vivian's Red Dragon!

Hans   

Joe, that´s something to do if u really want to give a surprise :D:P :P  I have Frank's Red Hot Sauce amongst my pepper sauces. As for tasting food, I can do that even with my peppers - everything hot, though. And I have a portuguese brother in law who can´t take peppers, lol.

Hans, that´s some nice way for eating peppers and Thai food also explores the sweet/hot combination. Indonesian food I haven´t experienced yet, and think dutch food also. Nice music you linked and, as far as the Netherlands may be, anytime u´r near, just let me know that I´ll have some spiced food for u. :o^_^

Vivian just catching up on your log. Very nice! Makes me want to build one of these one day.

Current build: Syren : Kit- Model Shipways

Side project: HMS Bounty - Revel -(plastic)

On hold: Pre-owned, unfinished Mayflower (wood)

Past builds: Scottish Maid - AL- 1:50, USS North Carolina Battleship -1/350  (plastic),   Andromede - Dikar (wood),   Yatch Atlantic - 14" (wood),   Pirate Ship - 1:72 (plastic),   Custom built wood Brig from scratch - ?(3/4" =1'),   4 small scratch builds (wood),   Vietnamese fishing boat (wood)   & a Ship in a bottle

• 3 weeks later...

Jesse, it´s a great ship to build. I´ll probably return to this type of ship sometime later. TY!

Well, here we are. After too much work and almost no time for ship modeling, I´m back for masting and rigging, at least to begin rigging. Still haven´t fixed the hole over the cabin as my soldering iron is missing and every single time I think to buy a new one, I forget to do it as my head is always in my work - hope I can forget the work justs a little bit on the next 2 or 3 days ^_^ .

I´ve made some daylight model shooting with her today, here are the pictures:

post-8919-0-44142700-1411837274_thumb.jpg

post-8919-0-71130600-1411837291_thumb.jpg

post-8919-0-48445500-1411837333_thumb.jpg

post-8919-0-66846800-1411837353_thumb.jpg

post-8919-0-10755400-1411837370_thumb.jpg

post-8919-0-48403700-1411837386_thumb.jpg

post-8919-0-94848900-1411837405_thumb.jpg

The arrow is to show a little breaking on my windlass as I was rigging the first blocks. As the bars are wood, not the metal cast which the kit supplied, they are a lot more fragile. I´ll fix it after rigging the foremast completely.

post-8919-0-77115700-1411837420_thumb.jpg

post-8919-0-01880800-1411837435_thumb.jpg

post-8919-0-61631900-1411837457_thumb.jpg

That´s it for now. I´ll be working on her next 2 days and begin a new project, soon to be brought to you. :D :D

She's looking real good Vivian, nice work!!... the outside shots are great!!

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Vivian,

Love your boat.....It has a real old world natural look to it that is so nice.

Michael

Michael

Under the table:

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Nice pics! The ship looks great, can't wait to see the sails.

Casey

"I drank what?" - Socrates

Current Builds:  

Finished Builds: 

Future Builds:        

• Mamoli Golden Hind
  • Mamoli Black Prince
  • AL Swift

Hi Vivian,

Your ship looks wonderful.   How will you cover your electrical work over the cabin?  I am looking forward to the rigging and sails.  You are almost done, great job!   :dancetl6:  :dancetl6:

Jack

"I Love the smell of sawdust in the morning" apologies to John Melius

Current Build:      Bomb Vessel Granado, 1742 - Cross Section Scratch Build 

Previous Builds:  Oseberg Billing Boats 9th Century Viking Ship Modified

Bluenose ll, AL, Lightly Bashed

Louisa Morrison Half Hull, Scratch Build

Photography Website:     http://www.27birds.com

Frank, thank you! I was always thinking on put her outside and take some pictures, but let it pass. Daylight contributes a lot to details.

Sam, that´s my backyard. Usually ppl paint it all from time to time (their houses, I mean) but I do like the green/aged concrete contrast - crude concrete with no plaster taunts me, too. ^_^  Ty!

Grant, thanks for visiting!!

Pops, they look gorgeous even without sails, but when I finish rigging she´ll really show what junks are famous for. Thanks!

Michael, that´s something I trying to reach, a natural oldish look, to hear (read) it from someone else is a great compliment. Thank you vm!

Casey, sails are next in line - don´t know yet if I´ll cut strips and sew them together or if I just cut them in their final look as the kit instructs. I´ll have to consider that after some more readings. Ty for your kind words.

Sjors, u guys complain too much about rigging, well, maybe that´s because you choose bigger ships than I! But I´ll be getting some bigger ships on my way, no problem. Ratlines seem to be the Thing (I´ll have some on my next projects :huh:^_^ ).

Jack, the cabin´s awaiting patiently for me - That hole needs it´s copper stripes instalation and soldering before being covered by planks and the switch/battery box already built. I just need a soldering Iron for that purpose (I lost mine on my last moving and always forget to buy a new one when I´m out). Rudder arm rigging will be over that part, too, and I´m still thinking if I´ll follow the kit´s instructions there. Today I´m finishing the masts rigging, by the way. TYVM!!

Rick, I laughed and blushed a bit - thank you.

Matti, you know I did that over your own pictures, right? When I saw your first pictures from the Vasa outside I considered taking some. Yours are my inspiration and you have a better landscape too! Thank you. ;)

Schnnu, I´m just sorting out how to finish my bulkhead aligner tool to begin my next project - as my two first wooden ships, next project will be heavilly bashed! Thank you for your words. ^_^

Hello Vivian, beautiful work.  She looks great, especially against the "aged" stone  ;)   The background reminds me of the backyard of our house in Surabaya, Indonesia, where we lived before WW II.

Will your ship be transporting hot peppers from Indonesia?   ;)  If you need Indonesian recipes just let me know.  I used to pop them like candy.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)