Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve - FINISHED - Model Shipways - 1:16 Scale - SMALL

Cap'n, let me add my "Well Done" to the heap of kudoes you're amassing. Thanks for sharing your build.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

I have enjoyed following this build. You do great work & your wit & humor are very entertaining. Job well done. I'll have to find your U.S.S. Constitution build & follow along there too!

Current build: Syren : Kit- Model Shipways

Side project: HMS Bounty - Revel -(plastic)

On hold: Pre-owned, unfinished Mayflower (wood)

Past builds: Scottish Maid - AL- 1:50, USS North Carolina Battleship -1/350  (plastic),   Andromede - Dikar (wood),   Yatch Atlantic - 14" (wood),   Pirate Ship - 1:72 (plastic),   Custom built wood Brig from scratch - ?(3/4" =1'),   4 small scratch builds (wood),   Vietnamese fishing boat (wood)   & a Ship in a bottle

Arrr ...

CaptainSteve, blushing a deep colouration somewhere a-twixt red and pink, doth indeed-eth and most verily, wish to express-eth his gratitude to one and all for the platitudes above !!!

“Truly,” were Our Hero to sigh most gratefully, “you guys (and gals) have been of incalculable assistance and have kept me going throughout this build."

“Whatsomore,” he didst continue, “there be NO WAY that me Launch could have ended up a-looking the way she does wi'out the Horde and MSW !!”

Now, as he were-eth to mention above, CaptainSteve didst have a couple o’ final touches in mind ...

“I be a-wanting,” he were to announce-eth, “a couple o’ extra tools.”

To that end, today Our Hero didst mock-eth up a pair o’ extra chisels and a cross-cut saw to be placed “lazily” ‘pon one o’ the thwarts.
“Me idea a-bein’,” he were to explain-eth, “to display the tool-box that little bit betterer.”

And so, without further waffling, here be pictures …

post-675-0-25405000-1428748774_thumb.jpg

The chisels are just a pair of cast-metal belaying pins which hath been salvaged from the remains of kits gone-by. They has been shaped using the Dremel with a grinding bit, and given a touch o’ paint.

The cross-cut saw was made wi’ some scrap timber. The blade was, once 'pon a time, an Exacto saw-blade which hath been cut, trimmed and grinded to shape. And the tension wire at the top be the wire middle trimmed from an ordinary twist-tie, folded o’er, twisted into shape and chemically blackened.

"Here they be a-fixed into position."

post-675-0-92487200-1428748777_thumb.jpg

("Arrr-geth," were Our Hero to roll-eth his eyes, "I be a-maintainin' that the yellow on them bread-fruits be not-eth a-lookin' SOOO YELLOW in reality !!")

post-675-0-96271200-1428748780_thumb.jpg

("Dang it !! Why cant-eth me camera be taking pictures like this all the time ?!?!?")

“Tomorrow,” CaptainSteve were to blather on, “be the big launching o’ me Launch.”

Our Hero plans to be adding some final photos from the Launch party, but then this build-log can be considered, most verily, to be-eth finalized !!

“I be a-hopin’ to see each an’ e’ery one o’ ye over at the continuation o’ me USS Constitution build !!”

Edited by CaptainSteve

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

Finished?

Oh, nooooo !!!!

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

She looks great Captain!! You've done a marvelous job on her, and I believe the almighty "congrats" are in order.  :dancetl6:  :dancetl6:

Cheers  :cheers:

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

Don't be bound by the limits of what you already know, be unlimited by what you are willing to learn.

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

An absolutely beautiful work of art! Your ability to look outside, inside and all around the box has not only been enjoyed, but admired! From crappie sails to harry coconut, you've been able to capture the very essence of "the bash".

I look forward to watching your Constitution build. (Is this to be a bash as well?)

Matt - aka The Squirrel Whisperer

Current builds - Benjamin W. Latham by Matt

Competed builds - USS Ranger by Matt

HMS Bounty Launch by Matt

18th Century 10" Sea Mortar by Matt

18th Century Naval Smoothbore by Matt

Future builds - Willie L. Bennett Chesapeake Bay skipjack (MS) Half Moon (Corel) Emma C Berry Lobster Smack (MS)US Brigantine Eagle (Corel) New Bedford Whaleboat (MS)

... forward to watching your Constitution build. (Is this to be a bash as well?)

To be honest, Matt, I'm not entirely certain.

I've spent the better part o' the last two years a-following various threads in the hope o' discovering the 'real' Connie .... and, yet, the very best that the most extensive research can come-eth up with, for any given date, wouldst most verily be a wildly-speculative 'guess-timate' !!

I can only surmise that you will have to follow along and see what results ... as will I !!!

:cheers:

PS: I DO plan on adding LED lights !!!

Edited by CaptainSteve

CaptainSteve

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)

Hi Captain Steve

Admittedly, I'm a late visitor to your log, but now that I have visited, I'm totally blown away by your amazing ship. I love the detailing that you've done, especially the saw, bags of flour, fruit, supplies, etc.  Heaps of character and realism.

Well done.  You must be pretty chuffed by now!

All the best.

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Whoo Hooo! She be looking beauuuutiful! Congratulations. I love all those accessories you added.

Steve, those supplies in the boat look awesome.

Thank Ye, Tom !!!

Most verily, soon I plan on a-following your well-documented foot-steps very closely ...

Edited by CaptainSteve

CaptainSteve

Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)

Hi Captain Steve

... (y)ou must be pretty chuffed by now!

All the best.

Patrick

Arrr ...

Thank ye, Patrick !!

CaptainSteve

Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)

I can't wait Steve for your interpretation of the Connie. I am sure there will be some great surprises (in the good way) along the way.

You are doing a great job with your attention to detail.  I can imagine the amount of detail when you tackle the Connie.

David B

Well done Steve, launch looks fantastic.

Looking forward to the Connie build now.

Cheers

Slog

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HM Bark Endeavour (First Wood, On Hold)

Borodino (1:200 Card, Current Build)

Admiral Nakhimov (card 1/200)

Mazur D-350 Artillery Tractor (1:25 Card) 

F-8 Crusader (1:48 Aircraft, Plastic)

Very beautiful model. Nicely done! Congrats Captain..... :10_1_10:

Mario

Thank You all...

Mario

:piratetongueor4:  :piratetongueor4:

"Each of us is a mixture of some good and some not so good qualities. In considering one's fellow man it's important to remember the good things ... We should refrain from making judgments just because a fella happens to be a dirty, rotten SOB(biscuit) ;) "

My Builds....

BETTEAU WAR OF 1812     BOUNTY LAUNCH(bashed)    CHESAPEAKE BAY FLATTIE

THE SEA of GALILEE BOAT   VICTORIAN STEAM LAUNCH(bashed)    HOWARD CHAPELLE's CRABBING SKIFF

LADY KATHRINE 1812 SCHOONER

One final picture 'ere and the rest will appear in the Gallery.

The big bloke in the Hi-Viz vest be me mate, CaptainAndrew ...

post-675-0-88574100-1428823320_thumb.jpg

... 'e does actually smile from time to time, and on this day he was a-mostly smiling. But in this instance, he chose to walk in front of the camera just as his wife were taking some pictures o' his new boat.

Edited by CaptainSteve

CaptainSteve

Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)

So, Cap, we have to move to Cony.

How do you plan to protect Bony from dust (and Admiral's antidust madness ?)

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

Arrr ...

That's the reason I give my ships away when I have built them, Nenad. It is not my responsibility to keep them clean.

CaptainSteve

Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)

Words fail me Captn, you deserve all the plaudits heaped upon you.

She is a wonderful boat matched by a equally wonderful imagination.

Looking forward to the Connie mate.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

A wonderful build and a wonderful gift to CaptainAndrew.   Well done sir.... very well done.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thank you, Mark ...

(You, Sir, doth make-eth MSW a most enjoyable experience !!)

And, again, thank you to everyone who hath read me log to this point.

As mentioned above, I be moving me base o' operations back to me USS Constitution build 'ere ...

I be a-hopin' to see you all o'er there to follow the further Adventures o' CaptainSteve ...

Me closin' note be this:

Shouldst any future builders o' this kit, having suffered through me log and all o' the links a-followin', doth wish to discuss-eth further any o' the points I didst raise throughout me build, then please feel-eth most free to ask-eth o' me !!

Edited by CaptainSteve

CaptainSteve

Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)

• 2 weeks later...

Arrr ...

CaptainSteve, blushing a deep colouration somewhere a-twixt red and pink, doth indeed-eth and most verily, wish to express-eth his gratitude to one and all for the platitudes above !!!

“Truly,” were Our Hero to sigh most gratefully, “you guys (and gals) have been of incalculable assistance and have kept me going throughout this build."

“Whatsomore,” he didst continue, “there be NO WAY that me Launch could have ended up a-looking the way she does wi'out the Horde and MSW !!”

Now, as he were-eth to mention above, CaptainSteve didst have a couple o’ final touches in mind ...

“I be a-wanting,” he were to announce-eth, “a couple o’ extra tools.”

To that end, today Our Hero didst mock-eth up a pair o’ extra chisels and a cross-cut saw to be placed “lazily” ‘pon one o’ the thwarts.

“Me idea a-bein’,” he were to explain-eth, “to display the tool-box that little bit betterer.”

And so, without further waffling, here be pictures …

attachicon.gifChest13.JPG

The chisels are just a pair of cast-metal belaying pins which hath been salvaged from the remains of kits gone-by. They has been shaped using the Dremel with a grinding bit, and given a touch o’ paint.

The cross-cut saw was made wi’ some scrap timber. The blade was, once 'pon a time, an Exacto saw-blade which hath been cut, trimmed and grinded to shape. And the tension wire at the top be the wire middle trimmed from an ordinary twist-tie, folded o’er, twisted into shape and chemically blackened.

"Here they be a-fixed into position."

attachicon.gifChest14.JPG

("Arrr-geth," were Our Hero to roll-eth his eyes, "I be a-maintainin' that the yellow on them bread-fruits be not-eth a-lookin' SOOO YELLOW in reality !!")

attachicon.gifChest15.JPG

("Dang it !! Why cant-eth me camera be taking pictures like this all the time ?!?!?")

“Tomorrow,” CaptainSteve were to blather on, “be the big launching o’ me Launch.”

Our Hero plans to be adding some final photos from the Launch party, but then this build-log can be considered, most verily, to be-eth finalized !!

“I be a-hopin’ to see each an’ e’ery one o’ ye over at the continuation o’ me USS Constitution build !!”

Certainly is a beautiful piece of work you should be very proud. I especially like the little details like the food and sword.

Ongoing builds,

SCutty Sark Revell 1/350 (Mini Nannie)

Cutty Sark Airfix 1/130 (Big Sis)

Will (Everard) Billings 1/65 but with wooden bottom, because I can

• 1 year later...

The photos for Manitowoc 2013 were on my desk top I found the photos

David B

Thanks for sharing this beautiful and well done in and around situation of Bounty`s launch..... :)

(Re:  pics of Post # 18, posted by dgbot)

Nils

Edited by Mirabell61

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

• 3 years later...