Majellan by Omega1234 - FINISHED - 1/200 - Luxury 37 m Motor Yacht - Miniature

AWESOME!  People in those circles normally don't put chairs back, the steward takes care of that job ;):rolleyes:  What a nice thought Patrick, making those chairs.  The details just keep coming.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Patrick, this is just more than amazing. That photo with all three decks spread out is beyond comprehension. Just so much detail to see. Congratulations on the chairs. Those are a wonderful touch.

Hi Mark- many thanks. Looking back now, all the heartache and head scratching I had about how to make the removable decks, are starting to pay off now. Thank heavens I persevered, because I reckon it was worth the effort. Thanks for your compliments! I kinda like the chairs, as well. Fiddly, but fun.

AWESOME! People in those circles normally don't put chairs back, the steward takes care of that job ;):rolleyes: What a nice thought Patrick, making those chairs. The details just keep coming.

Cheers,

Hi Piet. You're absolutely right! These types of people never need to worry about the chairs, or anything else so mundane. What a life!

Now, why couldn't I be like that?

Cheers and all the best. Thanks, also, to everyone who hit the Like button.

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

And they're not just chairs, but designer chairs. Do you build the full size? I'll take a set.

Bob

Hi Bob! You're most welcomed to buy a set! Although I don't think Ikea should feel under threat ;););) .

love that picture with all three decks spread out.........very well done. chairs are no slouch either ;) such an awesome job !

Hi Denis - Thanks. I really like that photo, too. There's still another deck that isn't shown. That's the one inside the hull (below deck) which houses more accommodation, the engines and the tender garage. I might take another photo later one with all the decks exposed, for all to see. Thanks so much, once again!

All the best, guys!

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Hi Patrick, kudos for reaching your milestones. I too like the shot with all three decks the volume of detail that you are able to show at this small scale is quite remarkable, The bowls of fruit in the background alway put the scale into perspective for me.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Thanks Michael!

To be honest, I'm actually surprised at how much can be fiitted into these tiny models, as well. I guess, for me, it's a case of never knowing unless you try. I'm glad I did, because I reckon she looks pretty good.

Cheers and all the best.

Patrick

Thanks Igor!

I'm thoroughly enjoying this build. Complex, complicated, challenging, but above all, great fun.

How're your boats going?

Cheers

Patrick

Yes, Patrick, the solution of complex tasks increases the pleasure of working :)

I now have a small pause in the construction of the "Lena". But I started another project in the bottle. This is the story based on the novel Hemingway's "The Old Man and the Sea." :)

Best Regards!

Igor.

Those are some nice pictures! You just keep stuffing more and more detail into that tiny thing! Great job!

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Continental Gunboat Philadelphia by Model Shipways

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12376

Member of:

The Nautical Research Guild

N.R.M.S.S. (Nautical Research and Model Ship Society)

Hi Folks

Here's a shot of Majellan in all her finery.  There's still a bucket load of more work to go, but at least you can start to get a sense of what's she's like inside.  The ship's tender and her two jet skis are also on display, having been removed from the tender garage at the stern.

***Igor - definitely looking forward to seeing your next beauty on the slipway.*** 

Cheers

Patrick

post-7645-0-18333500-1462544751_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-16521000-1462544794_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-29172600-1462544818_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-84950700-1462544847_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-79577400-1462544871_thumb.jpg

Marvelous, simply marvelous.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Now, how nice is this! Patrick this is not an accurate model, there is no way the real boat would feel as good.

Good to see fruit again in your photos!

I ll have a gin and tonic in the sun beds thank you very much!

I wonder where you get the oranges the size of beachballs?  Just hard to grasp all that detail in something that tiny.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Looking just great, Patrick! Wonderful job!

Steve

HI Steve - many thanks and I'm glad you like it.  How's your wonderful tugboat model going?

Now, how nice is this! Patrick this is not an accurate model, there is no way the real boat would feel as good.

Good to see fruit again in your photos!

I ll have a gin and tonic in the sun beds thank you very much!

HI Vaddoc - thanks for your great comments, which are always nice to receive.  The mandarin in the photo was a nice inclusion, I thought, as it'd make the jet skis look like tiny bugs.  

I wonder where you get the oranges the size of beachballs?  Just hard to grasp all that detail in something that tiny.  

Hi Mark - Heheh! Love it :P  :P  :P .  Kinda reminds me of Igor and his giant matchstick!!  

Patrick they would be taking me away in a straight jacket.... I don't know how you do it ... i just sit and shake my head.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Patrick they would be taking me away in a straight jacket.... I don't know how you do it ... i just sit and shake my head.

Michael

Hi Michael - thanks! Sometimes I shake my head as well! Are you still working on your wonderful teeny tiny cutter? I'd love to see an update ....

Hi Patrick - these photos show how much work you've put into this one - fabulous!

Thanks Frank! Yep, there's been a fair amount of work put into her...it'd actually be kinda sad to finish her.

Thanks and all the best, guys!

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Hi Patrick,

Your yacht is just amazing!... I am in awe of the detail you achieved in such a small area. Keep up the good work....:)

Keith

Current build:

A Battleship

Past builds:

The Unicorn - The Lindworm - Malahini -  Shinobi Maru  -  The MaryJane - The Weeligstraal

Hi Patrick,

Your yacht is just amazing!... I am in awe of the detail you achieved in such a small area. Keep up the good work.... :)

Keith

Thanks Keith!

It's a tight fit, I must admit. A lot depends upon the thickness of the material that I use for bulkheads, cabinetry, etc, because at this scale, it's inevitable that things can easily become over-scale. I guess that's just the trade off that one has when building at this tiny size. Fun though.

All the best!

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all of your comments and Likes - greatly appreciated.

Tonight I've had heaps of fun building a few more chairs in the main saloon and the bridge deck's lounge area.  In order to bring the whole ship to life, I added a whole series of colourful scatter cushions to them.

Here are the photos.

All the very best!

Cheers

Patrick

post-7645-0-03877400-1462631482_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-56282000-1462631488_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-32683700-1462631495_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-19146300-1462631502_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-16179500-1462631508_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-13769700-1462631514_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-09497300-1462631520_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-29566600-1462631799_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-41711900-1462631806_thumb.jpg

Utterly fantastic.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Hi Patrick,

stunning work !!!!!

if it were a kit, could you name the amount of modeled individual pieces the yacht is comprizing where you layed hands on, good heavens it must be several hundreds.....

a fantastic build

Nils

Edited by Mirabell61

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

that's right .........ramp everyone up for a pillow fight!  ;)    totally awesome!   feng shui?!?!?!    who's you interior decorator?  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Here I am, sitting next to Michael shaking my head in unison.  Awesome work Patrick.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)