HMAS Vendetta 1925 by cog, popeye the sailor, and RGL - FINISHED - Showcase Models -1/350 - PLASTIC

I meant to post this last evening...........sorry for being late with it.   I did try to correct that backwards mast Carl..........broke while I was trying to refit it.   I fixed it and will need to repaint it.   as mentioned,  I was play'in with the Vendetta all morning.........made some progress!   the anchors have been painted,  and I trimmed the screws........they had like three injection points from the sprue they are on.  they will be painted soon.  the fore deck gun has been glued in place,  in preparation for the fore structure to be cemented in place,  as soon as it is ready.  I also painted the anchor chain.....which has been cemented in place as well.

677411702_1.jpg.7f562ce4efac4525d98e352a9051fecf.jpg

the paravanes have been added to the forward area.......I haven't cemented the funnel back in place yet.........   I want to get the davits in place....them and the life boats are laying on the desk.....before they get lost!   for the fore structure,  the supports were added to it.

224925228_3.jpg.6f6fc3b2530b7477bac6a8b450249a44.jpg

the vents are visible here........I've painted them an off white {light gray}.   I will either dab the throats with flat black or red......not sure which is better to use.   here's where the funnel went back on.........I cleaned it up and it looks better.

2065260038_4.jpg.ad8ccfe2b1104872bed93db76df90a2c.jpg

still need to put the depth markers on........I'll do that during the next session.    more work on the fore structure........I painted the railings and touched up some of the glue marks.  now I need to touch up the red areas and add more to it.

2023544470_5.jpg.9b3975c212ca113a9dae60c490e051ed.jpg

1145884007_6.jpg.0578a4c2814c23d1960001affdc4680f.jpg

I cut out the fore deck railings and trimmed the attachment tabs,  but further than that the session stopped.   we ran out for our Friday errands.  I will try and get back to her during the work week.......I'm not promising....but I will try.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

She is moving on mate  lots of detail going on now.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

thanks OC  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

You are moving along steadily Denis. I like the way the camouflage comes out ... better now her decks are  filling up. A few more carley floats, davits & ship's boats, paravanes, and a lot of railing ... curious as how you will attach the latter ... keep it up sailor

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Nope. Can’t buy any of it yet. He’s still in the design phase. You still have at least 2 builds to finish young man! I only have 1. I am liking your RN builds a lot though. When he makes a full set commercially available I’ll let you all know. 

On the Facebooks I see some people have multiple kits still in boxes, I’ll never do that, as each day brings its own adventure and I’d hate to be caught with a huge stash of kits when the lights go off. 

Greg

....and I have many  ;)   are you talking about stash keepers Greg?   I never used to........seems that since the fast few years though,  I've amassed a bit of a stash myself.   I have a couple kits {plastic} that I'd love to get into,  but I have too many in the works and won't touch them until I finish some of my in progress projects.  

so, while your waiting for all the upgrades to become available,  what are you going to do in the meantime?  Carl still has something in the works and your almost finished with your present project.  this next group build might still be a ways off.   I'm sure you can think of something  ;) 

thanks for the compliment Carl.......really appreciate it.   I buggered up the cranes for the paravanes that are at the stern.......they will be there,  but not in the way that you two did yours.   as a matter of fact,  I have an update......you guys would have been proud of me yesterday!   I worked on three projects!  I was all over the place........the admiral was so confused  :D  :D 

touch ups are still needed {they will never stop until I do},  but I made decent progress.   first off,  the fore structure has gotten more paint......the camo, and then cemented to the deck.

1028136598_1.jpg.dffa2bcc7d20050adea1629a02364a1e.jpg

121379823_2.jpg.9a03abe807a18514f176652f7323e7f1.jpg

as this was drying,  I did more at the stern.  with the let down with the aft cranes,  there are the chocks for the other pair of paravanes that are to be cemented to the deck.   two of the paravanes I have left are garbage,  so I won't add them to the model.   I'll just take the ones I have left,  and put them there instead.   the aft mast is now back in place....correctly and hopefully with the proper rake.

1687084121_3.jpg.abdb6a046880ce9d63c5cd75e330ee0f.jpg

for what it's worth,  I put the cranes in place.......even that was a huge undertaking.  they both came apart in the process.   the aft danits are also added and are awaiting paint.

343331336_4.jpg.5395f7f6b0b2e5da149878b20c7d5afe.jpg

I'll do my best to get more done today.   the fore railings are still on the table,  as can be seen.........perhaps I can get them in place too  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

thanks Sam............it is...........and it isn't.   there is the touch ups that need to be done after,  and then there are the spatters,  if the paint is too thin.  if the area your working on has more than one color........it can be frustrating.   another thing that has always bugged me,  are the tiny glue blobs that show after assembly..........I try to touch them up and get rid of them.  I can see why so many choose not to paint PE.........it doesn't coat well.........it's very fragile,  and painting adds a lot of extra work.   but I can tell you,  it's worth it,  when looking at the finished model.   the PE adds so much to the model,  and painting it blends it all in on the model.........the detail it brings makes it look more normal.   you can go either way :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

here more on the Vendetta's progress.  after touching up the decks on the fore structure,  a few more parts were cemented on the uppermost roof.  the first couple of parts wasn't too bad,  but the second binnacle decided to give me a fit.   cutting it off the sprue,  it flew off to never never land......couldn't find that bugger to save my soul either!  I had no idea what direction it flew off in.   I'd search for a bit........then give it a rest......then resume again a bit later.   

186610255_1.jpg.4e99a2011881495e75e5c144c54f427a.jpg

the fore mast is in place too.........I had to drill another hole,  because it had too much rake.   coming back into the computer room after getting some water for the decals....I saw a glint of brass on the carpet.  the part is not brass?!?!  no.........it was one of the pairs of boat chocks that I am going to use for the life boats!   the other pair is still missing.........I got another pair from the Hood PE sheet.   deciding to search again........I found the binnacle!

919642834_3.jpg.219f421958aab6004fe20fa26f530365.jpg

comparing the two pictures,  you'll see it  ;)   the paravanes were added to the stern.

1406075751_2.jpg.dc01ca986f6aa05faf52dc3ad23e92b8.jpg

so....this brings us to where I am now.

656743638_4.jpg.0421b1f93bbc5c91078698c3d801c8a9.jpg

next.......I finally did it!   the fore deck railings are in place!  but.......not without a small consequence.

87216341_6.jpg.79b2013ba82335644c737a91a97215c6.jpg

1372878678_5.jpg.799bc8b8f489c78672d8ff407e76fbd4.jpg

the CA obliterated one of the ID numbers!  :(    I wiped away a smear of Ca and there it went......one giant smudge!

1389463934_7.jpg.da40e4f87df3d41dd8552dfdaac61889.jpg

this was after I touched it up...the other side wasn't as bad.   I have some more numbers,  so I can put another back on......no big deal.  I also had to redrill a few of the portholes........CA filled them in.   the decal is back on,  as well as the fore water markers.......all is well again...........but now I have to be extremely careful how I pick it up.

819929694_8.jpg.e6fc678eec8ef1b22b198f11aab4d0d1.jpg

I painted some stair ways for the fore deck..........and I began to add the davits and life boats.

1496324043_9.jpg.78d3ef28e365bd6b1ee0d96f4bc21a65.jpg

starting to really get somewhere with her now :)   if I bet any further,  I'll post it.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Looking good denis,  pe is our personal battle zone, it does help our breathing tech though - well does mine when I hold my breath while working with pe.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

47 minutes ago, Old Collingwood said:

well does mine when I hold my breath while working with pe.

How do you hold your breath while cursing?

Great looking progress Denis. She is really starting to fill out.

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

1 minute ago, lmagna said:

How do you hold your breath while cursing?

Great looking progress Denis. She is really starting to fill out.

The cursing comes  with the exhale of breath if somethings gone wrong - or a sigh of relief if the other.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Well done Dennis. And a nice recovery on the number.

The universe is giving you lessons in Quantum Theory it looks like. Parts only have the tendency to be on the floor when you are looking for them. Or is that Chaos Theory? Let me check in with my cat, she will know but shes in a box.

Sam

Current Build Constructo Enterprise

53 minutes ago, src said:

Well done Dennis. And a nice recovery on the number.

The universe is giving you lessons in Quantum Theory it looks like. Parts only have the tendency to be on the floor when you are looking for them. Or is that Chaos Theory? Let me check in with my cat, she will know but shes in a box.

Sam

Sods law  -  In a few days time or even weeks when the ship is built,  while playing with ones dog or cat on the floor - said parts that went missing will turn up.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

I think my cat is feeding parts, (In my case sticks) to the dog for him to chew! I keep finding small pieces on the floor with teeth marks in them that had been on the table the day before.

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

3 hours ago, lmagna said:

I think my cat is feeding parts, (In my case sticks) to the dog for him to chew! I keep finding small pieces on the floor with teeth marks in them that had been on the table the day before.

That's why we see so little advancement ,,,

8 hours ago, Old Collingwood said:

The cursing comes  with the exhale of breath if somethings gone wrong - or a sigh of relief if the other.

OC.

SIghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ........... and there flutters another piece of PE

Dennis, those large scale builders have no idea what challenge(s) you are up to

Carl

51 minutes ago, cog said:

That's why we see so little advancement ,,,

No I think I have to take all the credit for that. I am fully in charge of the "Mistakes made while you wait" department.

Lou

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

1 hour ago, lmagna said:

No I think I have to take all the credit for that. I am fully in charge of the "Mistakes made while you wait" department.

Nice try, Lou, though I don't buy it. You are obviously an animal lover, and you won't lay the blame on them 😛 Although, you are still to blame in the end, since you didn't raise them responsibly

Carl

8 hours ago, cog said:

you didn't raise them responsibly

I haven't raised them at all! The cat is about a year old and the dog is only four months old. they either are sleeping, getting into everything, or rough housing with each other all over the house. We are just here to feed then as far as they are concerned.

Lou

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Lou,

Haven't you heard the "Dogs have owners, cats have staff"?   In your case it's possible that the dog is part of the cat's staff as a playmate.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

6 hours ago, mtaylor said:

it's possible that the dog is part of the cat's staff

I think the cat is probably smarter than the dog and keeps playing him as a sucker then sits back and gets a good laugh. It is kind of becoming my favorite indoor pastime watching to see what trick the cat is going to play on him. Kind of like The Three Stooges he keeps coming back for more! They are a riot. You could be right though the dog may just be another squeaky toy as far as she is concerned.

2 hours ago, cog said:

Story of your life ...?

More like the story of their life.

Lou

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey