Old Collingwood

Black Pearl by Old Collingwood - FINISHED - 1/72 Scale

Hi all,    the parcel man delivered my figures today  but first things first  I needed to place the three lanterns on the rear bulkhead, then I soaked the  figures in soapy water  and  took one of the  spru's   - this  one  is a pirate  looking through a telescope, they are made in red  styrene  but  painted up quite well  using acrylics and a very fine brush  under my magnifier.

So  one is finished  - think it looks ok.

OC.

IMG_0043.JPG

IMG_0044.JPG

IMG_0045.JPG

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0053.JPG

IMG_0054.JPG

Batter's box is an American baseball term. It's where the batter/hitter stands to take his swings against the opposing pitcher. A euphemism for going one on one with an opponent.

Nice job painting your crew, OC.

1 minute ago, Canute said:

Batter's box is an American baseball term. It's where the batter/hitter stands to take his swings against the opposing pitcher. A euphemism for going one on one with an opponent.

Nice job painting your crew, OC.

Thank you kindly ken,    yep  the figures at 1/72 scale  sure do take some  work  and good eyesight/steady hand.

OC.

I think the way Ziggy was using the term was "Who is next up to the batter's box?" or what is the next project?

Are you sure putting flesh and blood crew on board is a good idea OC? It might bring some life on board! :huh::D Nice work

8 minutes ago, lmagna said:

I think the way Ziggy was using the term was "Who is next up to the batter's box?" or what is the next project?

Are you sure putting flesh and blood crew on board is a good idea OC? It might bring some life on board! :huh::D Nice work

Thanks for the explanation lou,   next project is the mosi  building in my late farthers memory,    I think a few crew  should give the pearl some life.  they seemed to become skeletons  when it suited them (mainly night time)

OC.

7 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

Nice work on the stern lanterns, OC.   And that crewman looks great.  I can see what you mean about magnification.

Thank you  mark,   yep  there a challenge all right  - have to have them right under the magnifier  and with the light even lower.

OC.

Yes, batters box is a baseball term and I used the wrong one, meant to say 'Is anyone on deck?' which would mean the 'next' hitter or as I meant it to refer as, 'Do you have a next project in mind?'

By the way, great job so far! 

To make flesh, you add some blue to pink, so blue would tone down the red plastic.

2 hours ago, SigEp Ziggy said:

Yes, batters box is a baseball term and I used the wrong one, meant to say 'Is anyone on deck?' which would mean the 'next' hitter or as I meant it to refer as, 'Do you have a next project in mind?'

By the way, great job so far! 

To make flesh, you add some blue to pink, so blue would tone down the red plastic.

Yep,   next build wil  be a Revell  1/48  Mosquito  its in the Aircraft build section.

OC.

11 minutes ago, popeye the sailor said:

"who's on first?"  yes OC.....you knocked one out of the park!  the figure looks super ;) 

The first one (photographed)   is the look out  - the admiral wants him on the forecasstle,  he needs to have his base removing then gluing down on his feet.

OC.

29 minutes ago, SigEp Ziggy said:

Very cool OC!  I can't seem to find non-ship builds or understand 'pointy end'

PS I think I found it under 'shore leave', I will check it out and maybe even post there.

"Pointy end"   was about planes having a pointed nose (most of them)   would be good if you started an aircraft build yourself.

OC.

3 minutes ago, Beef Wellington said:

Loved catching up on your progress OC, not usually a fan of figurines, but those figures fit right and give a great sense of scale.  You really did a great job painting them, and the rigging is looking terrific.

Thank you sincerely for saying that Jason, really means a lot.:cheers:

OC.