IL Leudo by SHIPSCAT (Jolene) - Mamoli - scale 1:34

just think.......it saves you money at the nail salon ;) ....you have all the necessary tools at your disposal :D  :D   same goes here kiddo.........I'm a member of the "what the hell is that thing" club too.   I sometimes find out what things are and write them down on the instructions.  then I try to use the word whenever I can....but not in the real world :rolleyes: {folks tend to look at ya funny}.

as mentioned by others and before...........your doing a swell job!   keep going! 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Hello Popeye

Thank you my friend for your comments.

Ha-ha I don't bother painting my finger nails now, so it gives me more time on my little ship.

"what the hell is that thing CLUB" we should start a club up Popeye, we have three you Sam and myself, but I do think that new members should be charged a $100 membership fee, then at the end of the year we three can have a big party, what do you think, it should be fun.

Yes Popeye I promise you I will keep building my little IL Leudo.

Jo.

Current Build:

IL Leudo - Mamoli - 1:34

FD10 Arnanes 701 Billings scale 1:50

"Good conversations are the ones you have with people you do not know"

No worries Jo,

I wrote it that way on purpose, but it did need the bold because it was also a complement.

Love the way the barrels turned out.

And just so you know, Popeye/Denis is a great modeler and a great guy.

Wow, must admit, not followed some time you did came far! Well done even not finished, far as I can see looks perfect this built.

You can look into mine as well, just started again but having not much time in between school days will leave me with less time.

Anyway, most of the hull done, now like you sanding and filler to be used.

After this all done doing the accommodation and the rest like propulsion mounting the Schottels but you can follow that on my page here.

https://modelshipworld.com/profile/32387-seamanpeter/?status=1004&type=status

Take care now and will keep an eye on your boat not to run it over!

Hello Peter

Thank you for them nice words my friend.

Ha-ha you will not run over my little ship as she will go under your radar and ram your hull and sink you ha-ha.

Jo.

Current Build:

Hello Peter

So you have got a chopper, that's nothing to worry about, I have a BBQ on board my little IL Leudo.

Now you are asking yourself what has my BBQ got to do with your chopper pilot well it's my secret weapon, when I hear or see your chopper coming to find me I will fire up my BBQ and start cooking my lobster and crabs and the smell of them cooking will put your pilot off and go and look for another ship (I am a lousy cook), when he has gone I will fire a lobster torpedo at your hull and sink you (that's how bad my cooking is it puts holes in hulls) job done so the answer to your question is I will finish first as you my friend will have to salvage your very large ship and that take time my friend, now who is smiling 🤣.

Jo.

Current Build:

Sure I'm scared now but bearing in mind that due to the fact she said <that's how bad my cooking is it puts holes in hulls > I'n not afraid to face that!! 

Have in my life time dealed with ladies that having bad cooking skills, so hopefully the little boat can stay on the surface as fire and wood don't go together.

Either the boat goes in fire (what I don't wish) or she gets the hell out of my way so to speak.

But let's see who has the first sea trails as she has to use the wind as I can go with charged batteries away.

Jo, I was only joking as never ever I would run you over in that lovely little boat of yours.

Take care and hopefully we can both sail before X mas.

Kiwi Intervention. 😇

Don't be concerned about an Australians attitude, their behaviour and aggression is a learned defense mechanism to deal with the environment in which they live. 

Weak Australians were lost during the Emu War, or later eaten by Drop Bears.

We have found that simply rubbing Vegemite into their hair and handing them a XXXX can (They can't spell beer) calms them down. 

65061364_101569217773410_499629199172857

Edited by johnothanswift

Well, in my younger years been travelling from Melbourne to Perth in a car we just bought in Melbourne!

Was a great trip and see many things what we don't see here in Europe and was shaking my head seeing those ROAD trains, amazing!

But did not see any animals like described above neither had the opportunity to go off this "road" as afraid I may get last there and don't want to end up as a skeleton in nobody's land.

Had after all a splendid time there and also later when my ship was coming into an Australian port.

Must admit, learned there to drink beer too.

Have a great time there down under and not to worry, I don't run that quick away from animals! 

Hello all

I have done a wee bit more on my IL Leudo.

But first I have to say that I am no longer going to use the instructions only for the size of the wood, I will just go on the plans.

I have made the hatchway frames, then I started the hatchway lid thing, I have to say that the frames that you glue the planks on look like they was cut with an axe (very, very bad), they say make them so they can be taken off, but this is way past what I can do so I just glues the frame parts in and then put the planks on top, I will do the same with the second one also.

I have also do a wee bit on the cabin, the sliding hatch door cannot come off now, will have to re-varnish parts now.

I also have cut and glued the extra 4 planks that go in-between the two hatchway frames and re done the mast hole.

I purchased some walnut when I first started so I am not going to use the white wood in the kit for the masts as it says stain them and I don't know why I don't like stained wood to look like another wood, so I am using walnut.

1289172242_ILLEUDO56_0003.thumb.jpg.93dd5818d327b9ac55c9d9366bf8a3dd.jpg304705460_ILLEUDO56_0005.thumb.jpg.18ee145417a2fb4f11ab2e7b4bca39a6.jpg616173239_ILLEUDO56_0006.thumb.jpg.5cb15fefdc3f2841e13b00c8a25fa3a1.jpg1733875554_ILLEUDO56_0007.thumb.jpg.44e3dd7186daa6e2ae347ee3ec65ce75.jpg962042755_ILLEUDO56_0008.thumb.jpg.b09e9818a937513f2d32c69cb94390fe.jpg1469730727_ILLEUDO56_0011.thumb.jpg.3661d20e892a03e6d90f52a4dd022e45.jpg1330042896_ILLEUDO56_0013.thumb.jpg.8bbc98f88eaa61b8d20fa68f3eed8631.jpg

Jo.

Current Build:

Hi Jo, I've been following your little ship build quietly but feel I must congratulate you on a beautiful build 😃 it really is very well done and will be something to be proud of when you finish.

Cheers 

Jon 

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

Respect my lady!

You nearly finished all and it looks great, all in place and painted. 

Already tested in the bath? No leakage?

Anyway, must say that you win as I'm not even that far!

Let me know when she finally is going to sail!

I'm just ordered the epoxy to have her watertight before painting the hull.

But not much time as going to school (uni) for my BSc so only weekends free.

I let you know when I have the colors in place and the waterline!

Take care there now and good luck with the little lady!

Peter

20191005_213722.jpg

Jo

Once again, you are doing a GREAT job.  I love the deck and furniture colors.  I think your boat is better looking than the box art for the kit!

Shane

Edited by SigEp Ziggy

21 hours ago, Edwardkenway said:

Hi Jo, I've been following your little ship build quietly but feel I must congratulate you on a beautiful build 😃 it really is very well done and will be something to be proud of when you finish.

Cheers 

Jon 

Hello Jon

Thank you kind Sir for following my build and the nice words you have conveyed to me.

Jo.

Current Build:

18 hours ago, Altduck said:

Jo

just dropped by to take a look, and you’re doing a great job on her.

The deck is just beautiful, and I like your decision to use walnut instead of stained “white wood”.

Keep at it.

I look forward to seeing more progress.

Hello Richard

Thank you my friend, I am very pleased you agree with me about the walnut.

Jo.

Current Build:

Hello Peter my dear friend

Thank you, but you don't have to reinforce your hull with epoxy so my Lobster torpedo cannot put a hole in your hull and sink it ha-ha.

Have you chosen your colours yet, please let me know when you do.

Jo.

Current Build:

Hello dear Shane

8 hours ago, SigEp Ziggy said:

I think your boat is better looking than the box art for the kit!

Thank you also, wow that is high praise indeed Sir, I am lost for words.

Jo.

Current Build:

Well Jo, the reinforcement is not the epoxy but the vessel strength itself but for making sure after 3 x filler and sanding I don't want the risk my built blub blub sinks to the bottom of the bath!!

No but seriously, this is for the imperfections I cannot see with my eyes if there is a tiny little hole somewhere on the line, afterall it is wood and you never know; beside it protects the surface as well for later any bumps with sailing in not deep waters or accidents.

Gives overhaul the extra protection needed.

But still waiting for the postman to come with the epoxy and then sanding again, maybe a second layer of this stuff.

Colors are like all vessels from BosKalis (owner these days of the "real" vessel) but will put a pic here from one of them in the company colors.

I had the privilege to visit the vessel in Rotterdam doing an inspection on her for the Bank, making an evaluation of the vessel's state and the value in money so yes I know nearly all corners on her.

I will keep you posted on that. For sure she will have a white line as "waterline" too.   

Boka Pegasus.jpg

boka-falcon.jpg

Edited by Seamanpeter
additional info

Hello shipmates

Second hatchway door made and one coat of oil on the wood.

At the front of the cabin I have a toolbox to make.

The first hatchway I have bent the brass strips that hold the hatchway door down, but the brass is short and they are on the hatchway that is not as wide as the second hatchway at the back of it, also I am two missing.

I have decided to order some more brass strips and make them myself (wish me luck on that one please).

The box art has the brass painted black, but I am going to polish them (I love polished brass).

Thank you all for your comments and help + thank you all for the likes, god bless you all.

649478802_ILLEUDO57_0003.thumb.jpg.f828b52039c3e84d8f7cace5af14f25b.jpg1177892244_ILLEUDO57_0004.thumb.jpg.67dd0fb105c8e49c99262ee3be1bd977.jpg1039404102_ILLEUDO57_0006.thumb.jpg.8e7fe2e9721c85e806a52e6c5c74d3bf.jpg1646242352_ILLEUDO57_0007.thumb.jpg.e392073b898641390242bd7a6db281e4.jpg

Jo.

Current Build:

Peter,

You really should open your own log for your ship.

Jo

Clean and beautiful work there.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

39 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

You really should open your own log for your ship.

Hello Mark

I think Peter has his own log, he was just showing me the colour of the paint work as I have asked him about it.

Thank you Mark for the nice words you have said about my little build.

Jo.

Current Build:

Wow, very detailed Jo, the little lady has a great owner and you doing well!

Sorry I put those pics here as looks like they don't appreciate that much but then again, they should read the whole contents and not just the pics.

Anyway my dear Jo, we know now and next time we can send each other a PB and only you and me can see that.

Keep up the good work and have a great rest of the weekend downunder,

Peter

Hello Shipmates

I have not done a lot on the IL Leudo just more planking at the front of the ship, I am not that happy with it as when I looked at it this morning I saw that the planks did not line up with the other planks under them.

So today I thought I would show you my baby with the barrels on the deck.

2113311643_ILLEUDO58_0002.thumb.jpg.5711e0c283784c140f0c64b285ef4204.jpg169219764_ILLEUDO58_0009.thumb.jpg.a4d7086c2522f126550eb926b3c76043.jpg771663081_ILLEUDO58_0011.thumb.jpg.470276d1330809e13995cd4c595f1640.jpg413803273_ILLEUDO58_0012.thumb.jpg.2663d2994301c00b7a02d7436b9195b6.jpg

Jo.

Current Build: