Ordering CNC milled carving sets for the Winnie or resin cast sets

As you guys know, The decorations for the Winnie can be purchased in either milled wood or as cast resin pieces. 

There are 18 individual carvings so this is a large set.  There is of course the figurehead.....and then there are the stern decorations, drops and trailboards.   See below....although the columns are not included.   These will be made via laser cutter.   The columns are something that cant be CNC carved because the ones for the quarter galleries will differ from model to model.   This also reduces the cost of these....which will be expensive.  The figures on the two columns will be provided but not with the columns.  They will be separated from them.

winniesterncarving.jpg

You can buy the CNC milled carvings directly from Jack (HJX) and he will give you those details.  They are available milled in two different woods.  Boxwood and a Chinese Jujubewood.   They look almost identical, however the boxwood versions are slightly more polished when milled.  Jack will explain.  The JuJubewood is much more yellow when a finish is applied.

Here is a photo showing both woods....cant really tell them apart.

image.png

jujubewood below...

image.png

And boxwood below...

image.png

The Boxwood sets will cost you....

The price of the whole set of boxwood sculptures including the figurehead is $320, including postage. Jujube $270, including postage too.

Contact Jack directly for these.

I am in the process of making cast resin sets in tan which dont need to be painted.   They look really great.  If you want to buy these instead, I dont know the final cost yet but the set will run you around $150.  Here is an image of the resin cast figurehead.  I dont yet have the stern castings to show.

newcamera1.jpg

Thank you very much  Mr. Passaro. I am very glad to be able to participate in this project. I am also very happy to offer every member Boxwood and Asian jujube wood sculptures.

I will introduce the sculpture in detail and answer your questions. An important purpose of starting this topic is to find out how many members are interested in boxwood or Jujubewood sculptures. I will start to produce according to the quantity needed. Whether it is one set or 20 sets, I will try my best to provide you with good products.

All members interested in buying boxwood/Jujubewood sculptures can express his wishes in replies. I will make a preliminary statistics. I will know how many people need this set of wood sculptures. Then I will produce sculptures according to this statistics. If you don't want to publicly express your purchase intention, you can also send me PM. Ultimately, before selling, I think I will become a sponsor of MSW first, because I'm still preparing my studio named CNC Shipmodel. Usually I will produce 10 sets, unless more than 10 people need it, then I will continue to show you the completed carvings until all are completed, then i will accept the order. I will give priority to those who reply to the purchase wish.

Almost forgot to say that I only accept orders from members(or modelbuilder) who have purchased Kit of Winchelsea from SYREN company, but not from anyone who have not purchased that KIT!!!

I solemnly assure you that all the software I use for this sculpture, whether for design or NC processing, I have purchased commercial licenses. Before developing and making these sculptures, I have sent all the purchase certificates to Mr. Chuck. All the software I use is purchased by myself. The authorized person is myself, not my company or anyone else. All 3D models are based on Mr. Chuck's drawings, and originally designed with Mr. Chuck's permission. All the 3D models were made by myself, and all the NC programs were written by myself, so these sculptures were  made according to Mr. Chuck's drawings originally.

First of all, I would like to introduce the difference between Asian box wood and Asian jujube. Because of the reasons I mentioned earlier, the price of this set of sculptures is not cheap, so Mr. Chuck has provided you with Resin-Cast sculptures. Mr. Chuck wants me to continue making some boxwood sculptures, because Winchelsea is really a beautiful project, and maybe many members will need years to make her. Moreover, Mr. Chuck has devoted a lot of energy and years to providing you with high quality KIT. Perhaps many members want to use the boxwood sculpture to complete the project. Mr. Chuck also wanted me to offer a relatively inexpensive but good version, so I chose Asian jujube wood. Judging from the previous pictures, it is estimated that many people find it difficult to distinguish the two kinds of wood.

Undoubtedly, boxwood is almost the best wood for ship model or sculpture, while Asian jujube has a hard and dense character, and its color is similar to that of boxwood. Because of the high price of box wood, many people use pear wood (Swiss pear wood) to make ship models. Compared with Swiss pear wood, Asian jujube wood is not as delicate as pear wood, but jujube wood has similar color and performance to box wood. Because jujube wood is too hard, it is not suitable for manual carving, but it is very suitable for CNC. There are yellow and reddish brown, but I only provided yellow one this time.

image.png.56c47461041c116e71d27bfca11c34e9.png

Asian jujube (left) and Asian box wood (right).

image.png.973e01205f0d5ffa1c90d3ff01f250a7.png

Because jujube wood is more easily oxidized, the color of jujube wood tends to be more golden, but the color of jujube wood and boxwood is very similar when they are just finished processing.

If you need the best one, then box wood is your choice. If you want to use wood sculpture, but you want to have a relatively cheap price, you can consider jujube wood.

Secondly, I would like to introduce the processing technology of this set of sculptures. Thanks to the precise 3D modeling, although I can't communicate and modify the sculpture face to face with Mr. Chuck, when Mr. Chuck received the sculpture, I think it fits well with KIT, because Mr. Chuck didn't ask me to modify the size, including the figurehead.Unlike many other carvings, I use complex composite processing technology, that is, relatively complex NC programming, so you can get separated sculpture, while many others are single-sided sculpture and the precision is relatively low, which requires quite a bit of work on polishing and refining. I used a variety of milling cutters mixed processing, and the use of composite processing technology, so that the sculpture looks like polished, and has been separated from the board, as long as you do some polishing and decoration, you can get very delicate carving.They are taken directly from the machine tool, after simple cleaning, without polishing and embossing, that is to say, what you get is what you see now.

image.png.93ac5c000eef7e00d65944ad53818455.png

Jack

Edited by hjx

Jack needs to know how many sets of these to make in advance. This kind of detail takes a long time to CNC mill.  The figureheads take hours.   If you guys can send him a PM or reply here that you want one of the wood sets it would be great.   Once he has them made I will post it here when they are ready and on the shelf.  That is when you can buy them.  Money is sent to pay for these through Paypal and its a painless process.  You will get them in just a few days after he ships them.  I had no issues at all getting the master sets I ordered.

Either Boxwood or Jujubewood.  Let him know which ones you are interested in.   He needs to know if he has to make 5 or 10 or 20 sets of these things.  

The cast resin sets will be available on my website once I have them all and package them up.

Chuck

17 minutes ago, sfotinos said:

Put me down for the boxwood set.

Thanks

Shawn

Thank you very much for your reply. Although this is not a formal order, nor does it need to pay a deposit, nor does it mean that you must buy it in the future, it can let me know the quantity and proportion of the two kinds of sculptures that need to be produced.

image.png.38be2a179eab8ea83ba60e2e8fe38966.png

Jack

Jack, does your set include the figurehead?

Toni

Chairman Nautical Research Guild

Member Nautical Research and Model Society

Member Midwest Model Shipwrights

Current Builds:     NRG Rigging Project

Completed Builds: Longboat - 1:48 scale       HMS Atalanta-1775 - 1:48 scale       Half Hull Planking Project      Capstan Project     Swallow 1779 - 1:48 scale               Echo Cross Section   

Gallery:  Hannah - 1:36 scale.

On 9/4/2019 at 1:43 AM, tlevine said:

Jack, does your set include the figurehead?

Yes,as Mr. Chuck said, the following picture shows all the carvings more clearly.

003-3.jpg.23cccdfd45cb4c615a79f056d8186dc4.jpg

I'm sorry,the "figurehed x1" should be "Figurehead x 1“,all of carvings are made by boxwood or Jujube wood.

Jack

Edited by hjx

I would like a Jujube wood set.

Are the columns in one of the laser cut sets?

Will the resin figurehead be available singular for those of us that that may want to turn the head straight as Chuck demonstrated? If so at what price?

I am in no rush for the carvings as a just dropped a bunch on everything else

Edited by Jim Rogers

Regards,

Jim Rogers

Damn the Torpedoes , Full speed ahead.   Adm David Farragut.

38 minutes ago, Jim Rogers said:

I would like a Jujube wood set.

Are the columns in one of the laser cut sets?

Will the resin figurehead be available singular for those of us that that may want to turn the head straight as Chuck demonstrated? If so at what price?

I am in no rush for the carvings as a just dropped a bunch on everything else

Thank you Jim Rogers!

Column should be in laser carving KITs, although I can provide it (CNC one), but it is up to Mr. Chuck to make the decision. I think you will get a reply from Mr. Chuck tomorrow morning.

As for whether you can buy the figurehead of resin and the carvings of jujube, I need to wait for Mr. Chuck's decision, including how to calculate the price.

It doesn't matter. When I finish the first batch of products, you can finally decide whether you need to buy them or not. Thank you for telling me your thoughts.

Jack

Edited by hjx

If you read above....we are just taking a census to see what folks want and how many Jack should mill.   We will let you know when they are ready to be ordered.

Chuck

Chuck:

I and I suspect others are following your post with the intention of building the ship once we finish our current project. Will these figures and wood sculptures be available some time in the future?

Thanks.

John Gilchrist

Rosenberg, TX

John Gilchrist
Yukon, OK

Current build: MS Emma C Berry

Completed: MS Fair American, MS Armed Virginia, MS Pride of Baltimore, Mississippi River Steamboat, Peterboro Canoe, MS USS Constitution, Mayflower, Billings African Queen

Yes they are not going anywhere.  In fact ...you probably stand a better chance of getting any installment or the carvings later after the frenzy dies down a bit.  Currently, everything goes out of stock immediately.  But in terms of the carvings, just let us know what you prefer.   We need to know so Jack can mill them.   For example, if nobody is going to order the JuJubewood, then jack knows not to make 10 sets.  Its a waste of time and money.   

I will go for the boxwood set, but probably not until I have finished other projects and can concentrate on the Winchelsea.

Derek

Cheers, Derek

Current build:   Duchess of Kingston

On hold:              HMS Winchelsea

Previous builds:  HMS SpeedyEnglish Pinnace, Royal Yacht Caroline (gallery),

Victory Cross-section (gallery), US Clipper Albatros, Red Dragon (years ago!)

On the stocks:    18th Century Longboat

Thank you for the response.

You may count me for a boxwood milled set when they are available. I like others will begin this project after my current build has satisfied me. But I am happy to purchase items as they become available to assist with your production and planning!

Best regards to all, Dave

8 hours ago, dragonflyxlii said:

Hello:

How do I go about ordering a set of the boxwood carvings?

In advance, thank you for your help, 

Regards, Dave

Hello dragonflyxlii,thank you for your message,when I finish the first batch of carvings, I will inform you immediately that you can order it. Those who have responded and expressed their willingness here will give priority to purchase it .

Thanks

Jack

Edited by hjx

Hello Jack,  my preference is for a Jujubewood set.  Thanks.

Doug

Current BuildsBluenose II - AKrabbenkutter / Prince de Neufchatel / Essex Cross-section / Syren / Barque Stefano / Winchelsea / Half Hull / Maria HF31 - Dusek / Bandirma - Turkmodel

On the Shelf: Santisima Trinidad and Cross Section / HMS Cutter Alert / Tender AVOS / Confederacy

Suspended Build: Bluenose II - Billing Boats Nr 600 

Is anyone going to order the resin set?   If not I will just make around ten sets.  Just in case.

2 hours ago, Chuck said:

Is anyone going to order the resin set?   If not I will just make around ten sets.  Just in case.

This is my plan also...   They are a long way off but I can order them anytime they are ready....  I just figured I would wait till Chapter 3 stuff comes out which is down the road a ways.  It they are available when I order my wood for the planking I will add them then...

Till next time.....     😎

Steve

Finished:              Artesania Latina Constellation;   Model Shipways USF Confederacy:  Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Company

Current Build:     Syren's Winchelsea 

It will be another month for the complete resin casting sets.  I just got the figureheads in and now I am waiting on the other pieces.  As far as teh milled stuff from Jack.....whenever he gets them done.  You will order direct from him.

Yes indeed.   Whenever anything is ready, rather they are installments or decorations, we will make an announcement about how to order them.