1930 Packard 734 Speedster Runabout (boattail) By Egilman- Monogram- 1/24th Scale- FINISHED!!

On 4/15/2020 at 6:51 AM, popeye the sailor said:

super progress EG.........sweet look'in ride :) 

Thank you Dennis, going to get back to her real soon....

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

Well, finally got two coats of Model Master Ultra Gloss Clearcoat Lacquer on the body and hood.... 

DCP_2452.JPG.595dca097a22a093e012cd4505757af6.JPG

One of the things I discovered 35 years ago is with these Metal Master kits, when you hit the soft chrome with a solid coat of lacquer clear, they turn into mirrors.... (you can easily see the reflection of the forceps on the table in the side of the car body)

DCP_2453.JPG.a6fc56307c6b62f8b2bfc161c3e7a842.JPG

Top Rear.....

DCP_2454.JPG.0689f69a97297e820a2a71ac42b2938e.JPG

Opposite side, now the chrome on this kit was not as clean as the chrome on the last one I built you can see the spottyness of it behind the rear fender here, it's not real noticeable on the model itself but it does show up under intense flash from an oblique direction...

Anyway, major construction is done, now for the details.....

EG

Edited by Egilman

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Nice work EG

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

7 minutes ago, lmagna said:

Nice work EG

Thanks Lou...

Quote:

The chrome looks nice and sharp. EG.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

2 hours ago, Canute said:

The chrome looks nice and sharp. EG.

Thank you Ken....

Quote:

14 minutes ago, Kurt Johnson said:

Sweet!

I"m glad you like it Kurt...

Thank you

Quote:

Looks really nice - as others have said that chrome looks the business.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

27 minutes ago, Old Collingwood said:

Looks really nice - as others have said that chrome looks the business.

OC.

Thank you OC.....

Quote:

Details are slowly coming.... RL is trying to derail me right now.....

DCP_2457.JPG.992e1edb6f7914f116fe2190b6a798db.JPG

But I'm sticking with it to the end....... :-)

Quote:

Thank you my friend......

Quote:

Car looks really good EG, RL is a pita sometimes but we got to put up with it 🤔😏

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

Nice work EG

I agree with the others. Without RL we would have little else. It always takes priority.

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Really nice work - coming along beautifully!

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

12 hours ago, Edwardkenway said:

Car looks really good EG, RL is a pita sometimes but we got to put up with it 🤔😏

Thank you Ed, thank you very much and yes RL is a pain when it intrudes....

10 hours ago, lmagna said:

Nice work EG

I agree with the others. Without RL we would have little else. It always takes priority.

Thank you Lou, it's appreciated..... We must have RL to keep us motivated, if we didn't it wouldn't be an adventure.

10 hours ago, Landlubber Mike said:

Really nice work - coming along beautifully!

Thank you Mike, I'm going to try and finish her soon.....

Edited by Egilman

Quote:

good to see your continuing with it.......I'm sure your admiral is watching.   bet she even has a place for it  ;)    look'in SWEET!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

On 4/24/2020 at 9:23 AM, popeye the sailor said:

good to see your continuing with it.......I'm sure your admiral is watching.   bet she even has a place for it  ;)    look'in SWEET!

Yeah she's asked me several times how it's coming along...... (and it is right there on my desk in plain sight, yeah I gotta clue) thank you brother....

14 hours ago, kpnuts said:

Beautiful I built their dual phaeton but it was nowhere near this standard of greatness 

Thank you, I'm very glad you are enjoying it..... (I don't know about the great part)

I've gotta find the time to get it done, she deserves it....

Quote:

Those colours really compliment each other and make a lovely made kit rather more special.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

23 hours ago, Old Collingwood said:

Those colours really compliment each other and make a lovely made kit rather more special.

OC.

Thank you OC, gonna try and fit some time in tonight to do more work on her....

Quote:

Well life is beginning to give me a few moments occasionally to put a few bits on in places....

DCP_2461.JPG.3e249e74e376f30348c745e724d2b585.JPG

All I've got left is the front bumper, turn signal lights, door handles, spare tires and canopy left to go. A hour or so is all it would take and it would be finished..... (if life would get out of the way)

Edited by Egilman

Quote:

29 minutes ago, Kurt Johnson said:

Very nice work!!

Kurt

Thank you Kurt. It's appreciated..... (I just wish the outside forces trying to stop me would take a crack as someone else for a change....)

Quote:

10 minutes ago, Egilman said:

Thank you Kurt. It's appreciated..... (I just wish the outside forces trying to stop me would take a crack as someone else for a change....)

They are, I haven't been able to get on any modelling for nearly a week now😏. Looks smart though EG

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

9 minutes ago, Edwardkenway said:

They are, I haven't been able to get on any modelling for nearly a week now😏. Looks smart though EG

Thanks Ed, It's been frustrating for the last week or so to say the least.....

Quote:

Keep going mate   too nice not to👍

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

24 minutes ago, Old Collingwood said:

Keep going mate   too nice not to👍

OC.

Not giving up my friend, She is going to be finished..... Thank you...

Quote:

she look'in good EG........are you gonna put her in a case?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch