HMS Pegasus by realworkingsailor - Amati/Victory Models - 1/64

Enjoy the lumberjack life!

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

hope you brought plenty of spam!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Nice recovery on the masts and enjoy your black fly feeding expedition!!!

(and +5 points to Mark for making me look up sesquipedalians :wacko: )

-Adam

-Adam

Current Builds

Santa Maria - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

MayFlower - Model Shipways (5/32"=1') POB
Blue Shadow - Mamoli Revolutionary War Brigantine. (Fict) (1:64) POB (Recommissioned as the Kara June)

On The Shelf Waiting so Patiently

USRC Ranger - Corel (1:50) POB

18th Century Longboat - Model Shipways (1:4) POF

La Nina - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

U.S Brig Syren - Model Shipways (1:64) POB

Completed Builds

Phantom NY Pilot Boat - Model Shipways (1:96) Solid Hull

Decommissioned Builds
(Time and conditions were not good to these. They have been cancelled =( )

Willie L Bennett - Model Shipways (1:32) POF
USRC Harriet Lane - Model Shipways (1:128) Solid Hull

Hey, some of us actually like Spam :P I can't eat a hamburger, but I can eat fried spam sandwiches and drink beer

Robbyn

If you risk nothing, you risk everything!

Current builds

Syren (Model Shipways) version 2.0

AL San Francisco II

Mordaunt (Euro Model)

Completed Builds

18th Century Longboat designed by Chuck Passaro

In the closet

Battle Station

Al Charles Morgan (1980s version)

Andy,

Have fun.  I guess some folks will do anything to put off the ratlines and this is good practice for avoiding them.  :P

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Whew....finally.... An unexpected consequence of this weekend... The cellular service up here obviously is not equipped to handle the increase in traffic brought about by the onslaught of weekend warriors to cottage county. The Internet data flow rate is something akin to trying to pump roofing tar through a garden hose.... It has taken me over 45 minutes to get logged in and over to my build log... I'm going to have a lot of catching up to do when I get home...

Anyway... a few more days of nice weather to enjoy... and the bugs really aren't too bad.... I'm only down a few ounces... ;)

Andy

Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

Andy,

I hope that your internet is fast enough to read this  ;)

When you get home, surprise, we and our written words are still there…..

Now you know what's happened to me went we are home again.

Take a cup of coffee, a comfortable chair, something to eat, phone on silence mode, little background music,just relax, and start reading.

The next day you are up to date!

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Only one day, Sjors?  You must be a speed reader. 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

No.. The skeeters haven't reached that size..... Yet...

Mind you, their friends the blackflies are getting very hungry...

What a difference a day makes... All the crowds have headed back to the city and lo and behold I can catch up a bit now...

Although, I'll be heading home tomorrow, myself... (It's supposed to be...uh...good model ship building weather for the rest of the week)....

Andy

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

Hey, we've missed you.  Have a safe trip home.

I'm looking forward to getting back in the shop by the weekend.

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Made the drive home today... how nice not to have to deal with all the traffic that was on the road on Monday... ^_^

A small parcel waiting for me when I got in the door... the bit and pieces I was waiting for...

Only a small update to begin with...The cleats at the base of the mizzen mast (some of the parts I was waiting for). Much better appearance than what was suggested in the kit... at least I think so....

And before anyone accuses me of shirking my rigging duties... a picture of what I was up to, from time to time last weekend..

My personal fleet has expanded by one. B)

Am I messed in the head or what? :blink:  :P  :D

Andy

post-34-0-84816100-1369169371_thumb.jpg

post-34-0-99062800-1369169443_thumb.jpg

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

sheesh!  ........and I thought I was bad with my models ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Well now I am going to have to pay a visit up north just so I can get a ride in that new addition to the fleet. I have never been on a sailboat before :P

Robbyn

Current builds

AL San Francisco II

Mordaunt (Euro Model)

Completed Builds

In the closet

Battle Station

I agree with you there.... Marine engineers are the oddest people I know.. :P

Andy

I once worked with a particularly good (female) Marine engineer, who was once described in a performance report as, "a most unusual Engineer, with almost human-like qualities" :D

Well now I am going to have to pay a visit up north just so I can get a ride in that new addition to the fleet. I have never been on a sailboat before :P

It's a lot of fun. :)

Mind you, for her maiden voyage I didn't put up all the sails I could have... the lake is still just a bit to cold ;)

Andy

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

Just curious.... what is a bit too cold in your neck of the woods?  I am sitting here in Kansas where normally by this time of the year we are sweating and have the AC turned on.  Here it is the end of May and we are still burning wood in the stove! Freaky cold spring this year.

Robbyn

Current builds

AL San Francisco II

Mordaunt (Euro Model)

Completed Builds

In the closet

Battle Station

It's not only with you Robbyn,

It's to cold over here also.

Normally I'm wearing short pants ( no pictures of that ) and now I'm still wearing a swather……..

The summer is not coming this year!

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Same here.  All the fish I'm catching are pre-frozen  :D  :D  :D

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Well....we measured the lake water temperature Monday afternoon.... 62F (that's just the water, mind you ;)).

Not immeditately fatal... but very gasp inducing and far from comfortable. The air temperature is hovering around the mid 20s © Not quite AC weather, depending on the humidity, and we have no AC at the cottage.. just a lake... :)

Anyway, part 2 of my little package of parts. Looking at the open hearts for the stay collars on the bowsprit, I figured I'd try using a closed heart, sanding down the thickness, squaring off the hole and cutting the bottom end off. Presto... a quick and easy collar. I used a 10mm walnut heart from ME. I've also bought a package of 7mm hearts to use for the other stays, and I can use the kit supplied hearts for the bowsprit rigging. The kit says to use deadeyes for the lanyards, but they really should be hearts, and now I have a good supply.

I tried to serve some line by hand too.... not very successfully.... I think a trip to the hobby shop is in order... I'm going to try to make my own machine, but I need parts that I don't have on hand...

Andy

post-34-0-76429200-1369234786_thumb.jpg

Current Build:

USF Confederacy