HMS Pegasus by realworkingsailor - Amati/Victory Models - 1/64

So.. I'm breathing again.

After madly whittling down some cherry wood strip, I successfully finished the fore topgallant mast. :) Whew... glad that's over with...

So for the record.. a few pics, first off, the carnage of broken spars (including what I hope will be the last known photo of the infamous minty mast)

Then, the final results for the fore and main topgallant masts.

And a few pictures of them dry fit in place...

Now just waiting on a few extra bits to arrive in the mail, and I can begin the lower standing rigging... I hope...

Andy

post-34-0-07326600-1368554640_thumb.jpg

post-34-0-24329800-1368554643_thumb.jpg

post-34-0-30926000-1368554645_thumb.jpg

post-34-0-27524900-1368554648_thumb.jpg

post-34-0-26396100-1368554651_thumb.jpg

Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

Andy,

I can almost hear your words in Holland when it's happening…..

You have to be more careful……otherwise you can start a repair shop.

Heads up and go on with fresh courage, 

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Hmm... my monitor turned blue at that outburst...

I will, from henceforth, when on your build or John's or anyone else's where it's deemed appropriate, use the "proper" English spelling of words as opposed to the 'Merikan way.   I'll also be calling plexiglass... perspex. 

By the way.. would you prefer Imperial or Metric or perhaps some obscure measuring units.. just and 100th's of a furlong?

The things we do to keep everyone happy... sheeeshhhh.....

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Ben, is not the definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result? Call me crazy, or a masochist... But I would love to see a rigging kit for the Confed.

Chris, thank you so much for the compliment. It means a lot to me that you feel I'm doing right by this kit. A tribute to an excellent design.

John, that was replacement replacement wood (and yes I meant to say "replacement" twice). I think it is really the thickness to which the mast is required to be reduced to.. Any weakness in the wood will readily make itself known.

Andy

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

I wholeheartedly agree, Tom! :)

All in all, like you say, had that happened during rigging.... :wacko:

Just the same... I will be extra carefull, and I'll probably unship the upper masts for as long as possible during the rigging process...

Andy

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

very well done Andy, you showed them masts who‘s boss, masts and tops look splendid :-)

Best regards,

Aldo

Currently Building:
HMS Pegasus (Victory Models)-Mothballed to give priority to Triton

HMS Triton (first attempt at scratchbuilding)

Past build:
HM Brig Badger (Caldercraft), HM Brig Cruizer, HM Schooner Ballahoo

Perseverance? Or just plain stubbornness? ;):P

Is there a difference?

Nice job on the replacement replacements.  They look very sharp - getting ever closer to that day when you need to hide the wabbits so they don't scare the ratline gnomes away!

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

I'll just toss Kevin a few carrots and fresh veggies... Keep his furry friends occupied for.... 5 minutes or so.. :P

At any rate, just waiting on delivery of a few extra bits and pieces, and rigging shall commence soon after... And I'm actually looking forward to it... Am I crazy?! :D

Andy

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

Hi Andy,

Tried looking up those expletives in the Oxford English Dictionary and couldn't find them, I shall have to look for an American or Canadian dictionary, but maybe not coz I might blush. :D  :D

Well done on your perseverance my friend. The new top masts look superb.

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

Sjors -

I do not think that Google Translate would be able to provide the translation of the phrases and specific words used by Andy - at least, not on a page accessible to someone as young as you.  Definitely into the "R" rated verbiage!  I also suspect that the moderators would frown on the use of subtitles for those terms.....

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

Yeah... An unfortunate side effect of my chosen career... :P

If that had have been on TV...

It would have been a continuous bleeeeeep for about a minute and a half... ;)

Nothing to really be proud of I'm afraid....

Andy

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

Hey we've all put symbols up as a sub, it lets others know of our annoyance and frustrations.

We've worked and some still are :( and there isn't one person who hasn't used colourful language at some time.

Better a symbol than a binned build.

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-