Tamiya 1/6 Honda 750 4 by kpnuts -Moved to appropriate forum area

Hi all I know this was not on the list of WIPs I asked if you wanted but it's one of my favourite genres (this one based on my own bike from way back when)

Once I had progressed from my first bike a Raleigh runabout (how many of you can remember them) I went on to the giddy hights of a honda c90 after a couple of years I progressed to a cz 125 an kwak 550 then the amazing honda (I will admit I was a bit of a nutter back then)(hence the name kpnuts) I will admit I did some stupid stuff back then which resulted in it being dropped a few times I've added the wear and tear I gave this bike in the build. Hope you like it.

Incidentally these 1/6 tamiya kits are amazing.

DSC_0126.JPG

DSC_0125.JPG

DSC_0117.JPG

DSC_0128.JPG

DSC_0127.JPG

DSC_0119.JPG

DSC_0118.JPG

DSC_0121.JPG

DSC_0120.JPG

DSC_0122.JPG

I thought you'd be build'in the engine on the bench?!   my brother tore his down in his living room.....he no longer has Linda for a wife  ;)   looks sweet!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

2 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

my brother tore his down in his living room.....he no longer has Linda for a wife  ;)   looks sweet!

Hmm... I think we've done that or came close to it at some point.  I do know that the bathtub works for cleaning engines and parts.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

quite a bit of detail.......very real ;)   nice 'n grungy 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

I have been looking at this model from Tamiya many times and been considering to get it.

I am a Honda rider, 750 Honda Shadow Spirit from 2007. Love the bike so that is one of the reasons of maybe buying this kit.

Again, you are an amazing job with the weathering of details. Looking forward to see the final bike. 

Are you to make the saddle soft?

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

My brother bought a new CB 750 Honda the very first year they came out. What a beast of a motorcycle it was in that day and time. Very fast and reliable, smooth too. Almost all bikes back then vibrated terribly, making them tiresome for riding long distances or long periods of time. 

In the early 70's, I rode my 1964 Harley Davidson FLH on a 2,000 mile trip. After about 6 hours riding time, my voltage regulator vibrated off the frame and the wiring shorted out against the hot exhaust pipes. After I repaired the wiring and replaced the voltage regulator, my exhaust pipes vibrated free from the exhaust port. Last, before I made it back home, my speedometer needle vibrated off inside the gauge. Needless to say, when you took a trip like that, it was necessary to bring a full set of tools along with you to tighten/retighten bolts and nuts every time you refueled. Learned that lesson the hard way.

Thanks guys glad you're liking it spent most of my life on bikes so I got to know how they looked in various states from pristine to real dogs (I've owned all states at one time or another) my last and favourite bike was a triumph 900 trophy (made to get rid of it 2 yrs ago by my missus "you're getting to old to be playing with bikes" was an often repeated verse of hers however when one of her friends sons was killed on his she put her foot down)) 

Anyway here is another update.

DSC_0175.JPG

DSC_0174.JPG

DSC_0185.JPG

DSC_0177.JPG

DSC_0176.JPG

DSC_0179.JPG

DSC_0178.JPG

DSC_0180.JPG

DSC_0170.JPG

DSC_0181.JPG

My brother still has a 650 Maico he takes out once every blue moon....... I"ve told him he should restore it (it's complete with all it's panels) but he still likes to ride it every once in a while. It's going to kill him eventually.....

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

kpnuts, 

Your bike is going to be a real work of art when you finish and watching the build is great!  Back in my youth in the '60s I remember all the bikes but all I could afford was a bicycle...single speed Sears and Roebucks special earned from a paper route. I did build a 1/8 scale of a Triumph but do not remember the brand.  your posts have inspired me to try and find another cool bike build.  I am familiar with Tamiya from their military models so will start there.....

Jim

Completed      Robert E Lee, Misisssippi riverboat               

Completed,  HMS Victory Bow Section

Completed,  Wells Fargo Stagecoach...Picasa album.... 

Completed,  Lackawanna tugboat converted to private yacht...

Completed:  Sopwith Camel, 1:16 Scale, Model Airways...at another location...

Completed:  1961 Ferrari F-1 Sharknose

Completed: (sorta)  OcCre BR-18 Locomotive

Completed: 1/35 Pz.KPfw.III

Completed: Allerton Steam Pumper circa 1869

That lump loooks excellent,  always loved full fairing machines myself, one  bike I have nevr seen a model kit of is  Suzuki RF660R.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

look'in really good KP :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

DO you have photos you are working from KP? Or just a photographic memory? Great work.

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

I know that, but is a memory of your bike or pictures?

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Memory no pics of the actual bike unfortunately (come to think of it the only bike I ever had pictures of was my Triumph oh and the absolutely awful 500 Cagiva River what a complete dog of a bike dont know why I have pictures of a bike I would love to forget, i was once easily passed by a 250 MZ and i had the throttle wide open)( having said that the thing would have pulled a caravan)

I just love the detailing to this motorcycle. The dent in the tank to the turn signal that is being held into place with tape.
The instrument panel looks so real, is it just a low milage or has the numbers gone one whole turn?
If you wouldn't have had any items in the background to relate the scale I would had thought it was a real bike.

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

really nice work :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Excellent!  Looks full size.....not scale....What's next?

Completed      Robert E Lee, Misisssippi riverboat               

Completed,  HMS Victory Bow Section

Completed,  Wells Fargo Stagecoach...Picasa album.... 

Completed,  Lackawanna tugboat converted to private yacht...

Completed:  Sopwith Camel, 1:16 Scale, Model Airways...at another location...

Completed:  1961 Ferrari F-1 Sharknose

Completed: (sorta)  OcCre BR-18 Locomotive

Completed: 1/35 Pz.KPfw.III

Completed: Allerton Steam Pumper circa 1869

Excellent work,    is that a  Gpz  in the back of that other pic.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1