HMS EURYALUS by Matiz - FINISHED - scale 1:56

I am enjoying your progress.  The level of precision is remarkable.

If memory serves, there are three openings aft the capstan labeled "Gra," "tin," and "g" which is to say, "Grating."  Also, apertures labeled "Hatch" or the like can have gratings as well.  Dashed lines on these openings indicate a shelf in the timber to receive the grating.

Well done and inspiring.  Thank you for sharing.

Wayne

3 hours ago, wrkempson said:

I am enjoying your progress.  The level of precision is remarkable.

If memory serves, there are three openings aft the capstan labeled "Gra," "tin," and "g" which is to say, "Grating."  Also, apertures labeled "Hatch" or the like can have gratings as well.  Dashed lines on these openings indicate a shelf in the timber to receive the grating.

Well done and inspiring.  Thank you for sharing.

Wayne

Thank you, Wayne, it is a great pleasure for me to know that you and Allan follow my work, I consider gratings where Hatch is written as well

• 2 weeks later...

Cutting those sill mortises perfectly is no easy task Matiz. As usual your work is perfection. I like your little mini-clamp which you are using to prevent the frames from shifting while working on the sill mortises.

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

moderator Echo Cross-section build
Admiralty Models Cross-section Build

Finished build
Pegasus, 1776, cross-section

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

On 9/13/2021 at 6:41 PM, dvm27 said:

Cutting those sill mortises perfectly is no easy task Matiz. As usual your work is perfection. I like your little mini-clamp which you are using to prevent the frames from shifting while working on the sill mortises.

Thanks, <Greg, and thanks for the like ☺️

• 4 weeks later...

Love the symmetry!

John

Member: Hampton Roads Ship Model Society

Current Builds: Tugboat Dorothy  Newport News Shipbuilding Hull #1 (complete)

Iron Clad Monitor (complete) 

Sardine Carrier which I will Name Mary Ann (complete)

Pilot Boat John H. Estill Newport News Shipbuilding Hull #12 (my avatar)

Harbor tug Susan Moran

Coast Guard 100' patrol boat

Just catching up!  Wow.   Your carpentry is superb and the detail...   this is going to be quite the piece.    I look forward to following along. 

All is beautiful, and I especially like seeing how you set up the stock to mill the beams.  Now that I have finally gotten a milling machine, this is a task I am anxious to try using your method.   Beats doing it manually by hand with chisels! 

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

that is just beautiful

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Ciao Matiz

I am not sure I understand.   The lower deck drawing shows the bread bins and scuttle that leads to the bread room below which, if I remember correctly,   was a platform on the Orlop level.   I believe the bins on the lower deck had doors into them from the sides. 

The upper deck in that area aft has the great cabin, bed place and coach, and there would normally not be any access to get below to the bread bins these areas.

Maybe I am missing something here and Wayne can clarify.

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU