HMS Indefatigable 1794 (prototype) by James H - Vanguard Models - 1:64

6 hours ago, James H said:

I have an HP-CH

Same model here, but bought it in 2020...I always keep the bowl as full of paint as I can during a session and with the lid on.

Ron

Director, Nautical Research Guild

Secretary/Newsletter Editor, Philadelphia Ship Model Society

Former Member/Secretary for the Connecticut Marine Model Society

Current Build: Godspeed 2, (Wyoming, 6-masted Schooner)

Completed Builds: HMS Grecian, HMS Sphinx (as HMS CamillaOngakuka Maru, (Higaki Kaisen, It Takes A Village), Le Tigre Privateer, HMS Swan, HMS Godspeed, HMS Ardent, HMS Diana, Russian brig Mercury, Elizabethan Warship Revenge, Xebec Syf'Allah, USF Confederacy, HMS Granado, USS Brig Syren

im sure @James H will give us an update soon , between work and other commitments

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

lovely work @James H

only hope mine looks half as good

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

14 hours ago, James H said:

They will insert last as they'd otherwise be vulnerable. The guns are deigned to be fitted at a late stage.

Ah ok... another of Chris new inventive designs !  🙂 

Current builds: HMS Victory (Corel 1:98), HMS Snake (Caldercraft 1:64), HMBV Granado (Caldercraft 1:64), HMS Diana (Caldercraft 1:64), HMS Speedy (Vanguard Models 1:64) 

Interesting how obvious the cut down is, seems almost unfinished 

Regards,

Glenn

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea
Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose

• 2 weeks later...

This is my penultimate update as the hull is now complete.

After this, it will masting and riggings, but I will be building Grecian before that. The last couple of weeks has been very intense with getting everything done to deadline for a late Feb release. It I hadn't been ill for a lot of last year, this would've been done about 3 months ago. 🤨

The deadeyes/strops/chainplates are now fitted. These are straightforward enough.

669.jpg

The shot garland and belaying pin racks are now fitted to the quarterdeck bulwarks, along with other paraphernalia. The racks are pinned for strength. 

676.jpg

Barricades are now fitted. All of the pillars are individual to their positions to cater to the change in camber of the deck.

679.jpg

682.jpg

684.jpg

686.jpg

688.jpg

689.jpg

693.jpg

694.jpg

I now get to fit all of the stuff I've previously built during the deck fit-out. 

699.jpg

709.jpg

More in a few minutes...

Poop and quarterdeck:

First up are the flag lockers. The honeycomb core is made from photo etch, painted to resemble wood. This is enveloped in a pear case.

712.jpg

715.jpg

Next is the skylight. 

722.jpg

723.jpg

And then the bitts.

727.jpg

Moving onto the quarterdeck, I finally start to shed my shelf of all the parts I have, starting with this:

732.jpg

The capstan and stairway are now installed, followed by the hatchway doors which are posed open.

747.jpg

749.jpg

Bitts and gratings.

753.jpg

The carronades on the open decks are different to the others as they don't need to slide. These are now built and installed to the quarterdeck.

765.jpg

766.jpg

767.jpg

...followed by the ship's wheel....

774.jpg

...and the binnacle.

783.jpg

Moving onto the forecastle...

The stove funnel is now fitted and the gratings installed either side of it.

796.jpg

The belfry is supplied as a 3d part. This is fitted with a gallows and the bell/bellcrank.

801.jpg

802.jpg

We have a couple of 12-pounders up front, and these are now built up and fitted, along with the rest of the carronades. The most forward ports are left unoccupied.

806.jpg

810.jpg

811.jpg

Now onto the hammock cranes and other ironwork on the gunwales.

812.jpg

813.jpg

Here you see the boat cradles in situ.

814.jpg

And here is an anchor, as if you needed to be told! 

945.jpg

Outstanding looking deck furniture. Indy is starting to come alive.

Jim

Current Build: Fair American - Model Shipways

Awaiting Parts - Rattlesnake

On the Shelf - English Pinnace

18Th Century Longboat

I stand firmly against piracy!

8 minutes ago, chris watton said:

Well done to Jim, a very long project, and he's done a fine job.

Tomorrow I shall complete the build manual and box label art, and sent to printers as soon as complete. 

This has been a very long haul!

Well done to both @James H and @chris watton for an impressive design and build. It is one amazing looking kit and I am really looking forward to the challenge of building the Indy.

Glenn (UK)

thankyou @James H @chris watton been great to watch this project come to life, i look forward to mine arriving soon, another few weeks of playing EVE  first though

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Manual was completed today (about an hour ago, actually, at the time of writing this), and box art will be complete tomorrow, at which point, all files are sent to printers, so I should have all manual, plans and box labels with me by the end of next week, with orders being shipped week commencing 27th Feb.

All pre ordered kits have a personalised optional name plate included, with the purchasers name.

logo.jpg
Vanguard Models on Facebook

31 minutes ago, chris watton said:

Manual was completed today (about an hour ago, actually, at the time of writing this), and box art will be complete tomorrow, at which point, all files are sent to printers, so I should have all manual, plans and box labels with me by the end of next week, with orders being shipped week commencing 27th Feb.

All pre ordered kits have a personalised optional name plate included, with the purchasers name.

Great news. I have downloaded the on-line manual and will studying the content so I can plan the build.

I have a trip to visit the HMS Trincomalee tomorrow (14th Feb) at the National Museum of the Royal Navy, Hartlepool. I will be taking plenty of photos which I hope will help me with the Indy build.

_88615671_hmstrincomalee.jpg.webp.4fa99c692ccd7314947c70e73688397e.webp

Glenn (UK)