M1A1/2 Abrams by Old Collingwood - RFM - 1/35 - with partial interior

2 minutes ago, king derelict said:

Very nice work OC

Alan

Thank you kindly mate.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Folks  I think I will be putting this one on the back burner  for a little while, as  to  get the most out of my airbrush  and primer, I have ordered  some pipe cleaner  airbrush  brushes, so I can clean the clag out  when I use my Vallejo Primer.

In the meantime  I am going back to my Hood  build and do some  assemblies  on it.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

18 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

I was watching a sport show on HBO......{not Bryan Gumble}....they did a bit on Russian war games {that's what he called it}.  they were showing off the T34 tank....pretty impressive.   the Russians were holding them for two reasons.........to show might and to show the tanks to would be buyers.   quite a few countries attended and participated in the games....some I don't think the US would sell to,  due to their militaristic natures.

T-34's? WW2 vintage tanks.

By the way, watch the movie T-34 if you get the chance. It's a modern made Russian movie with English sub titles. I really enjoyed watching it on Netflix.

I tried looking it up online........but couldn't find it.  the tanks were painted in vivid colors and camo

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

4 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

I tried looking it up online........but couldn't find it.  the tanks were painted in vivid colors and camo

You can watch it here for free if you subscribe to Amazon Prime. Be sure to turn on English subtitles because the whole movie is in Russian language.

Watch T-34 | Prime Video (amazon.com)

that's not it........what I watched was about Russian war games and how they used the games to market the tank to lesser desirable countries.  these would be countries that are in conflicts already and ones that even WE wouldn't sell anything to.  yes,  they are old Russian hardware,  but they are still used today.  kinda scary,  seeing what's going on at the moment.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

• 1 year later...

Evening all,   so   carrying  on wth  my latest treend  -  I thought I would  do some more  photo  editing  of  some of  the  photos in this  build,    its   currently  sitting in my  display case  waiting  one day  for me to  spark up my  compressor  and  prime  it.

OC.

IMG_1834-Edit.jpg

IMG_1875-Edit.JPG

IMG_1876-Edit.JPG

IMG_1878-Edit.JPG

IMG_1850-Edit.jpg

IMG_1861-Edit.jpg

IMG_1860-Edit.jpg

IMG_1863-Edit.JPG

IMG_1869-Edit.JPG

IMG_1870-Edit.JPG

IMG_1873-Edit.JPG

IMG_1874-Edit.JPG

IMG_1919-Edit.JPG

IMG_1920-Edit.JPG

IMG_1934-Edit.JPG

IMG_1939-Edit.JPG

IMG_1942-Edit.JPG

IMG_1948-Edit.JPG

Current builds  

Completed works.

the engine looks first rate. Definitely could be mistaken for the real thing. Just the right amount of grime. That looks a great kit. I must take a look at a RFM model - what am I saying I have quite enough plastic in the house as it is - but it does look tempting.

Alan

57 minutes ago, king derelict said:

the engine looks first rate. Definitely could be mistaken for the real thing. Just the right amount of grime. That looks a great kit. I must take a look at a RFM model - what am I saying I have quite enough plastic in the house as it is - but it does look tempting.

Alan

Its  an  excellent  kit   and  does  include  the  turret  detail,  but  I pinched that  to   detail  my  old  Chally 2 TES.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

That's a great looking kit OC. Hope you get your mojo going and finish her up so we can watch it in progress.

On a side note, I've heard from good sources that this tank sucks down fuel at an incredible rate, something on the order of a full tank fill-up required at 8-hour intervals. Further to that, its heat signature is such that it can easily be seen by low orbit satellite which make it a very fat target. 

2 hours ago, CDW said:

That's a great looking kit OC. Hope you get your mojo going and finish her up so we can watch it in progress.

On a side note, I've heard from good sources that this tank sucks down fuel at an incredible rate, something on the order of a full tank fill-up required at 8-hour intervals. Further to that, its heat signature is such that it can easily be seen by low orbit satellite which make it a very fat target. 

Thank you  kindly  Craig.

Yep  I heard  similar  about  it lack  of  fuel  range  -   dont they have  Turbo  chargers   or  something.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

6 hours ago, CDW said:

4 hours ago, Old Collingwood said:

I heard  similar  about  it lack  of  fuel  range  -   dont they have  Turbo  chargers   or  something.

The best I can find out is they have a range somewhere in the 400-450 mile bracket on a full fuel load, (the actual range is still secret, consumption is in the .75 mpg range) it also depends on what kind of fuel they are carrying, it is a multi-fuel engine that can run on anything from bunker oil to white gas... (and they can mix it on the fly) No, they don't have turbochargers, the engine is a 1500hp turbine itself... Of course not all Abrams have turbines, the export versions, (Egyptian and soon to be Ukrainian) have retrofitted diesels.... The power pack is still classified information... sorta....

Edited by Egilman

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

• 5 months later...

Hi  All,   I am  tempted  (tempted)  to   have another  go on this  as  it was  put  away  part built  and masked  ready  for  when I was going to  spray  my  Vallejo  Surface Primer   on it   prior  to  paint,   but   I no longer have  my  Aibrush  kit  so all   work   will  have to be  by  brush, just wondered  if I could  still  do it  justice  and  not  make it turn  into a  rough brush stroke  mess.

I know  the  V surface primer  is  very  foreging  and  shrinks  down  quite well  without  masking to  many  details,  and  I have beed  tempted  to  do the  Europen  Three stage   Camo -  all  my  brush.

Tempted - tempted.

OC.

IMG_1945.JPG

IMG_1943.JPG

IMG_1944.JPG

IMG_1946.JPG

Current builds  

Completed works.

55 minutes ago, CDW said:

OC

You're as good with a brush as most modelers I've seen. I say, go for it. It's useless just sitting on the shelf. Why not enjoy the model and the experience of it all?

Thank you  kindly  Craig,   yep  I did  brush  paint  my  HMS Warspite  a   few years  back   -  so  guess  it   will  be  worth a  go.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

15 hours ago, Old Collingwood said:

I could  still  do it  justice  and  not  make it turn  into a  rough brush stroke  mess.

Since you already have it masked Brother, Break out the stippling brush.... (just remember when painting the pattern draw the brush away from the masking when painting)

Once you get the pattern down and masking pulled, you stipple the hard edges with a drybrush to give the soft edge...

It's fairly easy, but does take some practice to get it right.... Just remember, stipple dark over light....

Edited by Egilman

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Thats a great looking kit OC; excellent job so far. I agree with Craig you can definitely achieve great things with the brush. during my online browsing to get educated about thinners I came across several guys doing similar projects by brush and with appropriate brush choice and thinning of the paint got great results.

Alan

26 minutes ago, Egilman said:

Since you already have it masked Brother, Break out the stippling brush.... (just remember when painting the pattern draw the brush away from the masking when painting)

Once you get the pattern down and masking pulled, you stipple the hard edges with a drybrush to give the soft edge...

It's fairly easy, but does take some practice to get it right.... Just remember, stipple dark over light....

Its  only  masked  up  for  the  primer  at the  moment,   I did it in preparation  for  when I  was going to  spray on the  primer,  so  the first  stage  will  be  to  brush  all  over it  my  Vallejo Surface Primer   with  my  largest  One inch  brush.

Will   deffo  try  your  Ideas latter  down the road  when I am  ready  to  have a go  at  free hand  camo brush painting.

OC. 

Current builds  

Completed works.

Well I'm here as I'm sure the brothers will be as well...

There are videos of how to do stippling as well...

Will be following along my friend, I wouldn't miss it...

Quote:

53 minutes ago, Egilman said:

Well I'm here as I'm sure the brothers will be as well...

There are videos of how to do stippling as well...

Will be following along my friend, I wouldn't miss it...

Thank you  kindly brother.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

I'm in also.  Go for it OC. With your skills it'll come out looking great.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

1 hour ago, mtaylor said:

I'm in also.  Go for it OC. With your skills it'll come out looking great.

Thank you  kindly Mark.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

13 minutes ago, Jack12477 said:

I'm lurking over in the shadows. 

More than welcome Jack.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

OC, you are a master with a paint brush. Go for it, brother.😄

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

10 hours ago, Rik Thistle said:

Yes, I also would like to see where you take this one OC. Looking forward to the rest of the journey 🙂

Richard

Thank you  Richard.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

6 hours ago, Canute said:

OC, you are a master with a paint brush. Go for it, brother.😄

Thank you  kindly Ken.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.