HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023

4 minutes ago, Blue Ensign said:

So, you could be up for another 30hrs work to complete both sides, a testing exercise Kevin, and that's without any consideration of copper nail heads.🫤

She will look good tho' with the copper against the black.👍

B.E.

yes something like that, i think im starting to learn that detail like rivet heads is wasted on this scale vessel i have yet to see any that are realistic, unless done by scratch, IMHO 

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

MHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

Hercules by Kevin - OcCre - 1/50 - Tugboat - Finished - May 2024

Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Come on Kevin!! Since that hull is very similar to the 72/74 guns warships, it only take 2400 tiles. You are almost there.... 🙂

I agree with your assessment about the rivets/nails. At that scale, it would be hard to see.

Yves

Edited by yvesvidal

4 minutes ago, yvesvidal said:

Come on Kevin!! Since that hull is very similar to the 72/74 guns warships, it only take 2400 tiles. You are almost there.... 🙂

I agree with your assessment about the rivets/nails. At that scale, it would be hard to see.

Yves

well one side is 

IMG_6809.JPG

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

MHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

good evening everyone

Day 122-3 still coppering

im sure most of you would have completed both sides by now, i have lots going on, in RL but daily progress is being made

IMG_6811.JPG

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

MHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Hi Kevin

Been watching from the sidelines. This is all coming up really well!! If you don't like shiny copper there is a way to make it otherwise - see my Fly log. User beware...

Cheers

Alistair

Current Build - HMS Fly by aliluke - Victory Models - 1/64

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/34180-hms-fly-by-aliluke-victory-models-164/

Previous Build  - Armed Virginia Sloop by Model Shipways

Previous Build - Dutch Whaler by Sergal (hull only, no log)

4 hours ago, aliluke said:

Hi Kevin

Been watching from the sidelines. This is all coming up really well!! If you don't like shiny copper there is a way to make it otherwise - see my Fly log. User beware...

im grateful for anyone to watch my shoddy building, i will certainly look at yr fly log

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

MHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

🙂Good afternoon, MSW, Kevin and everyone who is interested in ships... I am very glad that you, Kevin, are doing well and you continue to create your beautiful ship... I understand very little about ships, and therefore my question may seem ridiculous to you . and yet I'll try to find out: on the ship Indefatigable, two rows of "clusters" where the guns are located (I don't know how to say it correctly, in the maritime language.) The top row ends right next to the cabin, it turns out that the guns are in the cabin campaign? (I'm not sure if this room is a campaign room). By the way, it's the same on other ships, for example, HMS Victory. I think this is a little strange? Or maybe I don't understand something. This is not so important in the course of models, I just want to understand why this is so? I hope you have time to answer. thank you in advance! best wishes! Egor.

23 minutes ago, Obormotov said:

🙂Good afternoon, MSW, Kevin and everyone who is interested in ships... I am very glad that you, Kevin, are doing well and you continue to create your beautiful ship... I understand very little about ships, and therefore my question may seem ridiculous to you . and yet I'll try to find out: on the ship Indefatigable, two rows of "clusters" where the guns are located (I don't know how to say it correctly, in the maritime language.) The top row ends right next to the cabin, it turns out that the guns are in the cabin campaign? (I'm not sure if this room is a campaign room). By the way, it's the same on other ships, for example, HMS Victory. I think this is a little strange? Or maybe I don't understand something. This is not so important in the course of models, I just want to understand why this is so? I hope you have time to answer. thank you in advance! best wishes! Egor.

Those cabins were removable, and were dismantled and put away before battle.

logo.jpg
Vanguard Models on Facebook

4 hours ago, Obormotov said:

thank you for your question, the after cabins were all opened up when the ship was closed up at battle station's i was looking for a video, but at present this is the best i can find for now

,Bing Videos

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

MHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

good evening everyone

thank you for comments and likes

day 123-3 port side coppering complete

thats another 5 hours of coppering done, im quite happy with how it turned out

well im happier with it than England's performance in the Ashes test

IMG_6824.JPG

IMG_6825.JPG

IMG_6826.JPG

IMG_6827.JPG

IMG_6828.JPG

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

MHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Looks absolutely great!!  and by the way, if you create a living and meaningful object, and your ship is exactly like that, how can you consider that you are doing a "crappy assembly"?  forgive me if I'm being tactless... Your ship deserves both respect and the most sincere and vivid epithets... sorry, I think so.

36 minutes ago, Obormotov said:

Вашему лучшему другу с четырьмя лапами и коротким хвостом, похоже, очень нравится ваш корабль. он гордится ими!😜

google translates this to

Your best friend with four paws and a short tail seems to really like your ship. He is proud of them!😜

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

MHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Just now, Kevin said:

google translates this to

Your best friend with four paws and a short tail seems to really like your ship. He is proud of them!😜

this is Dobbie Pingate Periscope 8 year old English Cocker Spaniel

IMG_6823.JPG

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

MHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

now to do it all again on the other side

IMG_6840.JPG

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

MHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

and so it continues 

day 127-3

IMG_6845.JPG

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

MHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

12 minutes ago, Blue Ensign said:

Looking good Kevin, should be completed by the weekend.👍

Are you intending to keep it bright or weather it a little?

B.E.

Thank you, I am going to let her tone down for a while, bit to bright for me

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

MHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Hiya  Kevin,   I have caught  up  now,   you  are doing a  lovely  job   -  you saved  that  sanding issue  really well,  and  your paintwork  looks  proper   loverly,    what  really stands  out  to me  is  the  genuine  scale  correct-ness  the  canons  and ditance behind for  running in/out  and the  over all  beam  of the  ship  - just looks  so right.

Oh  and  loving the  tiles.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

40 minutes ago, Old Collingwood said:

Hiya  Kevin,   I have caught  up  now,   you  are doing a  lovely  job   -  you saved  that  sanding issue  really well,  and  your paintwork  looks  proper   loverly,    what  really stands  out  to me  is  the  genuine  scale  correct-ness  the  canons  and ditance behind for  running in/out  and the  over all  beam  of the  ship  - just looks  so right.

Oh  and  loving the  tiles.

OC.

lol the praise goes to @chris watton with the time and effort he put into the designing

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

MHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

day 128-3

hope to complete this task tomorrow

IMG_6848.JPG

IMG_6849.JPG

IMG_6850.JPG

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

MHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Coming on nicely.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

1 hour ago, yvesvidal said:

Great work Kevin. Have you thought about protecting the copper or will you let it oxidize naturally?

Yves

im going to let it do its own thing for now, and see what its like later on in the build, it is tarnishing much quicker than plates do

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

MHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

6 minutes ago, Kevin said:

im going to let it do its own thing for now, and see what its like later on in the build, it is tarnishing much quicker than plates do

I left mine tarnish naturally for a few weeks and then sealed everything with Future Floor. It has been holding up its original color for more than a year, despite frequent handling with bare hands.

Yves

good evening everyone

thank you for comments and likes

day 129-3 copper plating done

well that was an enjoyable couple of weeks, 

IMG_6854.JPG

IMG_6855.JPG

IMG_6856.JPG

IMG_6857.JPG

IMG_6858.JPG

IMG_6859.JPG

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

MHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

That looks phantastic! The completed coppering is certainly a significant milestone for the whole project. I've been following the progress of your build and I really admire your skills.

Particularly the pic of the bow view (no. 3 from top) shows the symmetry of your great coppering.

Best

Uwe