Licorne 1755 by mtaylor - 3/16" scale - French Frigate - from Hahn plans - Version 2.0 - TERMINATED

Bruno,  I never would have thought it was kit. 

Sam... keel though in this case, it's specifically the stem.   I had to do a reverse translation. :)

Thank you Doris.   Coming from you, I'm more than honored.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

mark,

the friend who build this kit have made a marvellous work,he rebuild everything  he can to be hystorical and realistic!

nothing on this ship seem to be a kit.

Of the bank I look at an ocean of pleasure, or the tumult attracts you, this global movement will be your tipcart!

current build:   royal caroline

buid finished:  la recouvrancehttp://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/3025-la-recouvrance-by-ofencer29350/page-2?hl=recouvrance

Sam,

Using Google Translate, I went from skittle in English to quille in French.  Which gave me these in English:  keel, skittle, nog, pin, tenpin, tenpins

So, it's not really the candy...

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Minor milepost... aft half-frames are installed.  I need to trim a bit and then rough fair them before moving to fore half-frames.

post-76-0-13061900-1407970583_thumb.jpg

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Mark, I follow your progress (and other POF´s) with an increasing desire to jump on these waters. Your framing looks great from here. Keep those pictures coming! ^_^ ^_^

Nice work Mark, and a major (not minor) milestone now met :)

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

Nice work Mark, You will be planking before you know it

Best Regards,

Pete+

"may your sails be full of wind and the sun on your back"

Current Builds :

Future Builds :

N.G Herreshoff 12 1/2 Scratch Build 3/4" = 1' - 0" Scale

Completed Builds :

Volvo 65 Farr Yacht Design

Herreshoff Alerion

Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14

Volvo Open 70

Member : 

The Herreshoff Registry                                  Montgomery Sailboat Owners Group       Peter Kunst Sailboat Models 
http://www.herreshoffregistry.org/                       http://www.msog.org/                      http://www.facebook.com/Peter-Kunst-Sailboat-Models-1524464774524480/ 

Mark,

Really nice work! You are advancing quite nicely this go-round! Before you know it, you will be planking and seeing that beautiful ship emerge

with its fine lines. Congratulations on reaching this point of the build! Call me crazy, but I think framing is one of the more fun parts of building.

What the heck, just being in the shop is fun, right?

Bryan

Model(s) under construction: RATTLESNAKE. 1:48

Next on the launch : ECHO 1781 1:48

I would say - a major mile stone Mark!  Looking very nice indeed.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

You are almost there Mark.  Only a few more to go then the fun begins.  What will you use for the hull?

David B

One really needs to click on the photo to appreciate what's going on.  Nice work, mate!

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Thanks for the comments and the likes.

David,

The hull will be planked in swiss pear with ebony wales.  I'm having a toss up situation on the stern area.. maybe plum?  

Pat & Piet,

Minor milepost...  according to my list.. Framing (major) - full frames (minor) - aft frames (minor) - forward frames (minor).  :)  ;)  ;)   I have about 5 pages of notes on the list so I don't forget anything.

Bryan,

This is fun.  It has it's frustration moments to be sure, but when those get solved, it's even more fun. And then there's those moments... when I sit back with a cup of fresh coffee and realize "holy crap... I did that!".

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Bryan,

This is fun.  It has it's frustration moments to be sure, but when those get solved, it's even more fun. And then there's those moments... when I sit back with a cup of fresh coffee and realize "holy crap... I did that!".

this says it all

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Mark, I thought your work was good ... then I saw Augie's comment, scrolled-up and clicked on the pic !!

Now I have a much better understanding of the depth of detailing you scratch POF builders achieve!!

Damn!! From now on, I'm gunna be doing that EVERY time !!!

Edited by CaptainSteve

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

Good work Mark!!

Finally storms are gone, and your frigate is finally rising!

Keep the good work, and more photograph please. B)

Remember me from the old fórum? I was building the Le Coureur from Boudriot. I will soon post again.

Nice to see you, congratulations.

Bye!

Thanks for the "like" and comments.  I've had my "what the hell did I get myself into" moments but your comments tell me I'm on the right track.

One really needs to click on the photo to appreciate what's going on.  Nice work, mate!

So... should I make the pictures smaller to hide the defects?   :D  :D :D  

Good work Mark!!

Finally storms are gone, and your frigate is finally rising!

Keep the good work, and more photograph please. B)

Remember me from the old fórum? I was building the Le Coureur from Boudriot. I will soon post again.

Nice to see you, congratulations.

Bye!

Yes, I  do remember you and your build.  I'm hoping you'll do a build log.   Good to hear from you again.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Sam,

I just never acquired the taste for Scotch.   So.. its' beer (Irish Red), wine (a nice Cabernet), or a smooooooooooooooooth sipping whiskey.  But given that I'm usually sitting surrounded by power tools, I don't touch anything stronger than coffee until I know that I'm not headed back into the shipyard.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Sam,

I just never acquired the taste for Scotch.   So.. its' beer (Irish Red), wine (a nice Cabernet), or a smooooooooooooooooth sipping whiskey.  But given that I'm usually sitting surrounded by power tools, I don't touch anything stronger than coffee until I know that I'm not headed back into the shipyard.

Mark I have to echo everyone else again on your work.  A few years ago our regular sheer operator was on vacation and there was some jobs that needed to be done.  I was busy on another project at the time so they put another guy on it.  However, he was soaked.  The parts were on the large side so instead of attaching the extension that was made he used a sheet of steel instead.  The sheer was designed for paper etc not for metal.  The steel slid under the blade and he was so out of it he never noticed when the blade hit the steel.  By the time we got over there the blade was destroyed along with one of the retaining bolt and the sheer pin needed to be replaced as well.  He had made 4 hits by that time.  Needless to say he was canned on the spot.

David B

Mark and all,

I never meant to suggest anybody should drink and use tools, thats a recipe for disaster. You could ruin your project, yourself or worse somebody else. I've commented here on MSW about my adventure with a trim router and my left ring finger. It happened so fast I didnt really comprehend what I did for a split second. And I was sober.

In my head I was saying sitting back, admiring your build and celebrating with the adult beverage of choice.

Sam

Current Build Constructo Enterprise

Sam,

I knew that.  it's just my way of saying "stay safe" also.   There is a time to celebrate and I choose to leave the workshop when I do and would hope others do that as well.  :)

Don't feel bad, ok?   Hell, every machine I own has bit me so far but one... and it keeps trying. 

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds: