druxey

Miniature Russian carving tools

I received a beautifully crafted set of miniature carving tools from Mihail Kirsanov on Friday. There are graduated small bevel-edged chisels in seven sizes, left and right skews in two sizes, U-gouges in ten sizes, a V-gouge and a large(r) skew. The are in a fitted box that includes honing blocks and fine-grit paper. I had the opportunity to give these tools a test-run and they perform beautifully. I can highly recommend these tools for advanced carvers. They are not inexpensive at USD290, but as these are hand-made to order only, this is not excessive. Be aware that Mr. Kirsanov can only communicate in Russian.

Kirsanov tool set.jpg

Mahuna, tkay11, dvm27 and 10 others like this

They do look nice. How does 1 contact Mihail Kirsanov is there a website or something?

Thanks Eddie

donrobinson, mtaylor and Nirvana like this

I will PM you his e-address, Eddie. I don't like posting this kind of information publicly as it might attract spammers.

May I have the information also. I am also concerned about SECURE  payment method can you advise please?

Thanks

Joe

Hey howya goin druxey, could you hold one in your hand and take a pic so I can see the size of them.

Thanks Eddie

Looks like great carving tools.
I also would like the email address and was wondering how payments and shipping are handled.

In particular, I like to see more details of the shape of each tool and if I could order some individually rather than a whole set. 

For 23 of those at $360 total I assume a price of $18 each would not be unreasonable.

These look beautiful.  I have been looking for a good set.  Looks like these would fill the bill.

Thanks Druexy

Canute and mtaylor like this