Cathedral Notre-Dame de paris and a stained glass windows Notre Dame de la belle verrière

Hi,  I show you  my pictures of Notre-Dame under construction and my stained glass window,,,,,Notre-Dame is not an assemble kit ...I made my own pieces with the help from pictures in books and from the internet.  The scale will be 1/100.  I made some stained glass windows and timage.jpeg.f6d0f2b6ff7c83925bf4809c82960c98.jpeghis is my first one.....Tanksimage.jpeg.09d00f8f11d2df911a63026a4eb3f6f0.jpeg a lot.image.jpeg.384988b5536002bb3e7a58bd06287a50.jpegimage.jpeg.95f64da125d9b2b17c25c833f5b1f94c.jpegimage.jpeg.b1f7b9424eb8be8040c6d43a5c27d4c0.jpegimage.jpeg.d475e9563774ca23895da3af66476cf1.jpegimage.jpeg.df2b32882974153fb5b7bfd14ba9957d.jpeg

Beautiful work.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hi  Druxey......First of all I made enlarge a ground plan  of my cathedral , and with the drawing of Eugene Viollet Leduc (the man who renovate this cathedral from 1844 to 1864) plus a hundreds of photos in books plus pictures on the internet and finally the drawing at the University Laval  in the archives department   I have everything I need. This cathedral will be made entirely of  pine wood,,,,What you see in pictures  is only the beginning,,,First I start with the roof,,,now  I built the spire of the cathedral...........My techniques is easy...Once I know the width and the height of my spire,I go by section...Each section is drawn by myself..each piece is measured and noted....after and that's where the fun begins,I try to  do the piece in different ways...sometimes it's work sometimes not...it's by trial and error...For example..... if you take the fifth picture..I show you what is called a Balustrade,this balustrade are made of two section...the above section you have the   nnnnnnnnnn  and the under section you have the posts  IIIIIIIIIII.To built the posts it's easy but not for the nnnn above.To built the nnnnnnn,I take a piece of  plain wood approximately of 4 mm high by 30 mm long and if  I make 12 nnnnnnnnnnnn I drill 12 holes with my dremel in the plain wood   ,  after that  I use the saw blade to round off the top,,,  ET... VOILA....I used  and abused Dremel a lot.                            Tanks Druxey I hope it answers your question.

55 minutes ago, agamemnon9 said:

I used  and abused Dremel a lot

I wish I could train my Dremel to get that level of detail. Absolutely gorgeous work, please keep posting updates as it's wonderful to see. 

What a wonderful and interesting piece of work. Please do continue with the updates - this will be fascinating to follow!

lot of carving!  wow!...very nice :)   there is some beautiful artistry here :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

image.thumb.png.4118b1f40d91c2cf8f6c71d7ca61db37.pngHi Kurt ... I've been working on it for a few months, it's hard to answer ... maybe 2 months of continuous time. I work outside during the week and I can only work on this project only The weekend. What you see is only the beginning ... I have already done a roof before but I had to start again because the proportions were not good ... that's why you see a gable, balcony and clock next to the roof ... it was on my last roof. I've heard that some ship project takes up to ten years, it's probably a big ship ... ... my project will take a few years, I am 55 years old and when I retire at 65 I will finally be able to work on it every day ....                                 PS my stained glass window took me a month. ....                     . when you have a passion, time does not count. Tanks a lot.image.thumb.png.572d343e925a2fbedb74ad25b6ca0482.png

Beautiful work. I would like to find about how they’re are going about the actual restoration work of the cathedral after the fire. If you happen to know any specific resources, please let us know. I would think the restoration would also turn up previously forgotten information about Norte-Dame. Have you been there in person? 
It’s interesting you seem to be working from the top down.

I just have to say corny as it may sound, Follow Your Dream. It’s definitely a beautiful one. I wish you a bon voyage. PLEASE send us many post cards along the way. It is a journey I would really like to follow.

Kurt

Edited by Kurt Johnson
Spelling

Member: Ship Model Society of New Jersey