HMS EURYALUS by Matiz - FINISHED - scale 1:56

• 2 weeks later...

Your pictures are literally worth a thousand words but we'll make do with "Hi".

Perhaps someone could point us to another forum where you describe some of these construction techniques. Auto-translate works pretty good these days.

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

moderator Echo Cross-section build
Admiralty Models Cross-section Build

Finished build
Pegasus, 1776, cross-section

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

I've run out of adjectives to describe your beautiful build Tiziano.   I TRULY hope to be back in Toscana in the next two years and would LOVE to see your model.   

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

I love how you work around the knots in the lumber to obtain pieces with grain direction that fits the shapes you need!

JD

Current build: Schooner Mary Day (scratch)

Previous builds:  Model Shipways Pride of Baltimore 2, Amati HMS Endeavour, Midwest Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack, Bluejacket America, Midwest Sharpie Schooner

I just discovered and read through this entire build, and never before have I used the wow-emoji as many times and been so impressed with a build. Wow. Just wow all over. Beautiful. Gorgeous. Simply amazing and very inspiring. 
Thanks for sharing it all, Matiz, there’s so much for me to study and learn just by looking at the pictures in this build. 

Question for you Matiz: the main rail of the head has molding along its outside edge, but I don't see how that could be easily scraped in, since the rail is tapering along its length. How did you do that? Entirely manually?

JD

Current build: Schooner Mary Day (scratch)

Previous builds:  Model Shipways Pride of Baltimore 2, Amati HMS Endeavour, Midwest Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack, Bluejacket America, Midwest Sharpie Schooner

Incredible!  I knew you were not far from  Carrara and Pietrasanta where Michelangelo got his marble but I did not realize such artistry was in the air there as you surely got those skills in your blood.

Allan

Edited by allanyed

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

• 2 weeks later...

Splendid work as usual. What rope-making machine do you use? Could you put any photos of the process of making ropes?

Thanks in advance.

Splendido lavoro come al solito. Che macchina per la produzione di corde usi? Potresti mettere qualche foto del processo di creazione delle corde? Grazie in anticipo. (Google translator)

On 5/29/2023 at 8:09 PM, jose_b said:
Hi, I use a home made machine, I don't have any videos to show you right now, but next time I make ropes, I will ☺️

Splendid work as usual. What rope-making machine do you use? Could you put any photos of the process of making ropes?

Thanks in advance.

Splendido lavoro come al solito. Che macchina per la produzione di corde usi? Potresti mettere qualche foto del processo di creazione delle corde? Grazie in anticipo. (Google translator)