Welcome to new sponsor INTER-ACTION Hobbies.  Look at their website to see some small boat kits and detail parts in various RR scales - O = 1/48.

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS

CLUBS

Nautical Research & Model Ship Society of Chicago

Midwest Model Shipwrights

North Shore Deadeyes

The Society of Model Shipwrights

Butch O'Hare - IPMS

Welcome aboard. The Model T kits look cool!

🌻

STAY SAFE

A model shipwright and an amateur historian are heads & tails of the same coin

current builds:

HMS Berwick 1775, 1/192 scratchbuild; a Slade 74 in the Navy Board style

Mediator sloop, 1/48 - an 18th century transport scratchbuild 

French longboat - CAF - 1/48, on hold

Now that is a small helicopter ...well done... https://www.interactionhobbies.com/N-Scale-Kit-Jaycopter-Helicopter-Pilot-Training-System_p_44.html

I get the distinct impression that the 'hobby business' is growing, most likely due to Covid. And once the new hobbyists are hooked then there is no going back 😉  Hopefully, kit supplies etc can keep up with the growth ... generally a good problem for a manufacturer/retailer to have.

It's the same with Amateur Radio.... with folks staying at home they started to look for interesting things to fill their time and it seems the Radio Society of Great Britain (RSGB) has had a large influx of new students (and thereafter licence holders). I imagine it is similar worlwide.

Both model building and amateur radio lend themselves to social distancing.

Richard

Hi Folks

Happy to be aboard. There are some fantastic modelers on this site and lots of detailed information and great models. We are pleased to support Model Ship World and the NRG and look forward to contributing to the preservation of history in miniature. We have a number of highly detailed and unique ship kits in 1:48, 1:87 and 1:160 scale and will be adding more as we go along this venture.

Here are some of our current nautical offerings

20190714_172715.jpg

N7301-7.JPG

HO7305-5.jpg

HO7302-1.jpg

new.jpg

O7302-1.jpg

HO7301-1.jpg

Darryl Jacobs

Interaction Hobbies

"I called to the other men that the sky was clearing, and then a moment later I realized that what I had seen was not a rift in the clouds but the white crest of an enormous wave."

Ernest Shackleton

www.interactionhobbies.com

www.facebook.com/railandtie

Hi Darryl and welcome to Model Ship World.  We appreciate the support you have given MSW by becoming a sponsor.  You have many products on your website that will appeal to our members.  It is really amazing the amount of detail that is present in these small scale models.  They will enhance any model railroad layout or the display shelf of a ship modeler who wants to build a small scale model.  We are glad to have you and your company on MSW.

Ryland

Member - Hampton Roads Ship Model Society

- Ship Model Society of New Jersey

- Nautical Research Guild

Current Build - Armed Virginia Sloop, 18th Century Longboat

Completed Build - Medway Longboat

Welcome aboard, Darryl.   Always good to see more suppliers of quality items to the hobby.   

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Welcome aboard. Some very interesting models on your website...Moab

Completed Builds:

Virginia Armed Sloop...Model Shipways

Ranger...Corel

Louise Steam Launch...Constructo

Hansa Kogge...Dusek

Yankee Hero...BlueJacket

Spray...BlueJacket

26’ Long Boat...Model Shipways

Under Construction:

Emma C. Berry...Model Shipways

Here is a short video on the sternwheeler kit and a summary of Interaction Hobbies. Enjoy!

Darryl Jacobs

Interaction Hobbies

"I called to the other men that the sky was clearing, and then a moment later I realized that what I had seen was not a rift in the clouds but the white crest of an enormous wave."

Ernest Shackleton

www.interactionhobbies.com

www.facebook.com/railandtie

Hi Darryl,  from Pacific Northwest, I will join the voices saying warm welcome and thank you for supporting our hobby no matter the scale.

Seems like you have some very interesting kits as well.

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry