Lamborghini Veneno - Fujimi - 1:24 Scale

CDW

Love the Lamborghini brand but not the new designs, call me old fashion but the Jalpa, Muira and Countach are my cars..... need a go-fund-me starter too.....😁

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

8 minutes ago, Nirvana said:

Love the Lamborghini brand but not the new designs, call me old fashion but the Jalpa, Muira and Countach are my cars..... need a go-fund-me starter too.....😁

3 minutes ago, CDW said:

It almost looks like a Gundam science fiction machine.

But if it wasn't a bit out there it wouldn't be Lamborghini 😉

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

As we all know, Lamborghini was not about super cars..... nope, it started with Tractors....

See the source image

Respectfully

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Even the tractor has out there style 🙂

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

So maybe that's a 100 mph tractor?  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

What an Amazing looking car,   the word Car doesn't quite seem fit.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

I keep telling the admiral we have a lambo in the driveway, but she understands it's nothing but a studebaker in drag.....

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

2 hours ago, Old Collingwood said:

the word Car doesn't quite seem fit.

Very true, looks like some japanese cartoon brought to life.....

Don't get me wrong it's very nice, but it represents more commercial video game than car to me....

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Except for a brief period in the early 70's, the looks of most cars have gone downhill since the 60's in my opinion with some exceptions.

The angular shape of this Veneno reminds me of a stealth bomber. Purpose designed in a wind tunnel no doubt. A car that's built to exceed 220 mph is not going to look normal.

By the way, I need to pick up the paint colors I don't have on hand Monday before I can start this model. The way it's built, paint is needed almost straight out of the gate. 

Wow, very nice subject!  The Italians sure know how to add elements of design to many things - cars, ships, planes, clothing, jewelry, etc.  Not sure about the practicality, but they definitely make beautiful things!

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

On 2/13/2021 at 11:37 AM, Nirvana said:

nope, it started with Tractors....

And that part of the business has probably been more successful and profitable than the more familiar sports cars over the years. The sports cars were the result of Enzo Ferrari pissing off yet another manufacture who decided to go into competition against him to get even, just like Ford a few years later.

Now days it's just a fancy VW!:D

I agree that the best looking sports car prototypes come from the mid 60s to early 70s. But those were the years I followed that type of racing so I may be biased. These days the cars for racing have to sacrifice all aerodynamics for speed and it seems like the street versions feel the same need in order to produce cars that can almost never be driven at those speeds and are sold to people who probably should not drive at those speeds anyway. My preference  would be a replica GT40 or some such over one of the newer designs. But in reality they fall into the same category as the new Ferraris and such and I would still need a Go Fund Me and more to get one.:(

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Give me a GT40 and I will be very happy!

Now back to this amazing build.

Respectfully

Thought it would be informative to give you a couple of photos showing all the unopened parts bags that come inside the kit box. Keep in mind, this is a just a curbside kit! Just imagine how many parts sprues would be required to produce a full drivetrain/suspension version of this model. It's very complex just as it is without anything extra.

IMG_1765.thumb.jpg.6e24d798655d58afc7d56a55fdc0dc4c.jpgIMG_1764.thumb.jpg.079a8726ccf38179cf73ff72e0f105f1.jpg

11 hours ago, lmagna said:

My preference  would be a replica GT40 or some such over one of the newer designs. But in reality they fall into the same category as the new Ferraris and such and I would still need a Go Fund Me and more to get one.:(

I did some Googling a few years ago thinking I'd like one.   Surprising how many are out there on the market and prices were, maybe not affordable to me but still a lot less tha new.  These were the street versions, not the racing ones.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I think that the replicas fall more into the normal mode of other automobiles and don't really have the collectors value so they decrease in value over time and mileage rather than increase like the true cars do. After all that is what they are meant to do. Produce a limited almost custom car that can be driven on the street  without fear of doing damage to a million + dollar one-of-a-kind historical racing automobile.

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

These weren't replicas, Lou.  Ford produced X-number of each model (and still do I think) for "street use".  They have creature comforts and a "de-tuned" engine among other things  to make them street legal.  The racing ones all seemed to go to museums or high dollar auctions for high roller collectors.  It didn't take much to convince me not to try to buy one of the street versions.... same price as a house (at the time) and VA wouldn't approve a car LOL....  I don't think my wife back then would have approved either.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

I know that Ford made a continuation Ford GT 40 in the early 2000s. I think it was a ground up design and had very little in common with the 1960s GT40. In fact I think the GT40 name was still owned by the British so Ford had to call it the Ford GT. It looked the part and certainly qualified as a super car but had many concessions in comfort and features intended for the luxury buyers. Much the same as the original Shelby 350 turning into the Shelby 500 Softer suspension a little more headroom air conditioning and radio, stuff like that. I think jay Leno did a comparison piece on the differences. He owns one of the continuation GTs. I think Ford made them in limited numbers for a few years but they never seemed to catch on as well as they hoped. Now days I think they are concentrating on the second generation 2018 GT, supporting it with actual racing models like the original GT40. I looks much more like Craig's  build here, than any other Ford GT ever built.

Now days there are at least a couple of almost bolt by bolt GT40s replicas being built. I think Shelby American started making them a few years ago but with Carol's death this may no longer be true.  The other maker seems to be a company called Superformance they claim that 90% of their MKII parts are interchangeable with the 1966 car.  They may be the present maker of the Shelby replica cars, it is kind of unclear, If you are still in the market and just happen to be in Ohio you can look at a few of their line. https://mmgmotorsports.com/inventory/ ! One could almost  afford a MKIII 427 Cobra reproduction!

I'm afraid that as close as I will ever get to any of these kinds of cars will be to watch Craig build one after another!

Lou

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

The Ford GT 40 is still being manufactured, only not by Ford.... And yes, the classic Ford GT40 the same ones running and winning at LeMans, were street legal..... (and yes Ford was selling them to the public, the well heeled public that is) Lemans, Daytona and Sebring's rules require that the car be a production car sold to the public.....  you could uptune them yes, but they had to be legal to run on the roads everyday......

The current car built by Superformance, is a continuation car, fully licensed by Safir industries with continuation serial numbers, Safir holds the manufacturing rights to the Ford mk I thru IV series and is the main supplier of original repair parts and kitcar parts...... Superformance is the only licensed builder... the current GT40 is of course updated to today's standards with some added creature comforts of course, but most of the parts will bolt directly to an original GT-40.... And of course you can still buy them with 427-8 cu engines.....

If you think you can afford one that is....

Edited by Egilman

Quote:

I once got to ride in one of these.

Back in 1971, my brother had a friend he worked with who bought a brand new Pantera. The Pantera's were powered by a modified Ford 351 ci V-8, mid engine. The friend took me for a ride on the interstate in his new car. He leisurely accelerated over 120 mph and it steadily climbed faster while my pucker factor became intense.

I had no idea what a car like that cost but I knew it had to be a lot. I asked my brother how he could afford a car like that on a plumber's salary and my brother laughed and said he bought it with drug money. The guy was smuggling drugs. Sheesh. Not too long after that, he was arrested, tried and convicted then incarcerated. I often wondered what became of his Pantera. Awesome car.

dn0716-252797_3@2x.thumb.jpg.b9216fe3210c949f35171591d4460491.jpg

7 hours ago, CDW said:

I asked my brother how he could afford a car like that on a plumber's salary

Apparently the authorities were asking the same question. At least you got to get a ride. You can still buy them used and I suppose they could be considered the poor man's super car. A few are less than $100.000.

Here is one just down the street from you. https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/detomaso/pantera/2441879.html You would only have to sell half your model stash to finance it! :D😭 Just tell your wife about what a great family car it would make.:ph34r:

Edited by lmagna

Lou

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

4 hours ago, lmagna said:

Just tell your wife about what a great family car it would make.

Absolutely great for creating a family..... {chuckle}

Not so great for keeping one.....

Quote:

Three/Four of my absolute fave British cars   - Lotus Esprit Turbo  (of course)   Triumph  TR7  last mosdel,    and  the  Triumph Stag,   oh and the Italian  Bertone/Fiat X19.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

16 hours ago, Egilman said:

Absolutely great for creating a family..... {chuckle}

Not so great for keeping one.....

Quote of the month there lol

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

no thanks......don't need another car to get tickets with!   ......go fund me.........no good!  all my friends would see it and the 'hole in the head' innuendo would start fly'in!   two real nice models though........I'm look'in in :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch