Hello to MSW from Herby63

Hello to all members of MSW.

I have been foloming this forum for some time now.

I make models of historic sailingships (for which I am not afraid to do a little kitbashing) as well as models of "sailing" ships if one can say that of a ship with motors and propellers.

My most recent build is an operational Trumpeter 1/200 DKM Bismarck with realisticaly turning turrets and elevating barrels of the main armament, a little lighting and turning radarunits of which i put a build log here:

Trumpeter 1/200 DKM Bismarck - R/C-conversie - werfregister | ModelbouwForum.nl

Text is in dutch, my mothers tongue, but pictures say more than a thousend words.  :)

My next project will be a static model: the Merit International 1/200 Japanese Battleship Mikasa 1905 with full Pontos upgradeset.

I hope to get some inspiration on techniques on this splendid forum.

Kind regards.

Let me be the first to offer you a very warm welcome to MSW  Herby. (Hope it is OK to call you Herby) 

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

Hi Herby and welcome to Model Ship World.  You did a nice job on your Bismark and also a nice build log.  I was glad to see the Bismark in the water.  I would be afraid that if I built one, it would sink.

Ryland

Member - Hampton Roads Ship Model Society

- Ship Model Society of New Jersey

- Nautical Research Guild

Current Build - Armed Virginia Sloop, 18th Century Longboat

Completed Build - Medway Longboat

1 hour ago, Ryland Craze said:

I would be afraid that if I built one, it would sink.

only against an overwhelming delegation of the Royal Navy  :)

:sign:

Start so you can Finish !!

Finished:            The  Santa Maria -Amati 1:65, La Pinta- Amati 1:65, La Nina -Amati 1:65 ,                                                 Hannah

The Mayflower  Amati 1:60 Ship in Bottle-Amati 1:300 : The Sea of Galilee Boat-Scott Miller-1:20

Current Build:   To be decided!!

On Hold:            HMS Pegasus: Amati 

:piratebo5:  Howdy!  And welcome aboard.

Chuck Seiler
San Diego Ship Modelers Guild
Nautical Research Guild

Current Build:: Colonial Schooner SULTANA (scratch from Model Expo Plans), Hanseatic Cog Wutender Hund, John Smith Shallop
Completed:  Missouri Riverboat FAR WEST (1876) Scratch, 1776 Gunboat PHILADELPHIA (Scratch 1/4 scale-Model Shipways plans)

:sign:   Your Bismarck is a very impressive model.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Welcome!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

5 hours ago, Herby63 said:

Text is in dutch, my mothers tongue, but pictures say more than a thousand words.  :)

Most browsers have a feature to translate text to the user's default language. Looks pretty clear to me. Nice job on Bismark!

Terry

Welcome Herby!

If I might suggest, put your build log link in your signature. I'd love to see the build!

Lyle

"The only thing that stays the same is the constant state of change"

Completed Builds:

Occre HMS Terror - https://modelshipworld.com/gallery/album/2065-hms-terror-occre/

NRG Half Hull Project - https://modelshipworld.com/topic/23546-half-hull-project-by-lylek1-nrg/

1:130 1847 Harvey - https://modelshipworld.com/gallery/album/2125-1847-baltimore-clipper-harvey-1130-scale/

Scott Miller's Sea of Galilee Boat https://modelshipworld.com/topic/29007-sea-of-galilee-boat-by-se-miller-120-scale-lylek1/

In progress:

Artesania Latina HMS Bounty - https://modelshipworld.com/topic/26817-hms-bounty-by-lylek1-artesania-latina-148-scale/

Waiting for dry-dock space:

Model Shipways - USS Constitution

Master Korbel - Cannon Jolle 1801

A Scratch build -TBD

:piratebo5:

:sign:

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

:722972270:

Mark
Phoenix, AZ

Current builds;

Previous builds, in rough order of execution;
Shipjack, Peterbrough Canoe, Flying Fish, Half Moon, Britannia racing sloop, Whale boat, Bluenose, Picket boat, Viking longboat, Atlantic, Fair American, Mary Taylor, half hull Enterprise, Hacchoro, HMS Fly, Khufu Solar Boat.

On the shelf; Royal Barge, Jefferson Davis.

Welcome Aboard!  Impressive work on your Bismark.  Your electronics are on a whole other level to me.  You are definitely in the right place.  I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Wawona59

Wawona 59

John

Next Project::  New Bedford Whaleboat - Model Shipways

Wish list for "Seattle Connection" builds:  1/96 Lumber Schooner Wawona, 1/96 Down Easter St. Paul, 1/32 Hydroplane Slo-Mo-Shun IV  

Completed Builds: Midwest - Chesapeake Bay Flattie (highly modified); Revell - 1/96 Constitution, 1/96 Thermopylae, 1/96 Cutty Sark, 1/570 Titanic; Dragon - 1/700 USS Arizona; Model Shipways - NY Pilot Boat Phantom, Aurora - Whaling Ship Wanderer, Maquette - Boeing 307 Stratoliner

Hello Herby and welcome to MSW from the UK.

🌻

STAY SAFE

A model shipwright and an amateur historian are heads & tails of the same coin

current builds:

HMS Berwick 1775, 1/192 scratchbuild; a Slade 74 in the Navy Board style

Mediator sloop, 1/48 - an 18th century transport scratchbuild 

French longboat - CAF - 1/48, on hold

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2023 at 2:25 AM, LyleK1 said:

If I might suggest, put your build log link in your signature.

You shure do may suggest, but i have searched an tried, but cant find how to put in a signature  :(

I have my eye on the Mikasa.  Not sure that I will do the Pontos thing....expensive and I do not have alot of experience with Photo Etch.  I will follow your build with great interest.  Oh......WELCOME!

Completed Builds:  USS Cairo by BlueJacket;  Nave Egizia by Amati;  Harriet Lane by Model Shipways

17 minutes ago, Herby63 said:

You shure do may suggest, but i have searched an tried, but cant find how to put in a signature  :(

Have a look here at this topic in the 'How to use the MSW forum".     

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

21 hours ago, mtaylor said:

Have a look here at this topic in the 'How to use the MSW forum".     

Thanks for the reply, but my problem is that I don't see a tab "signature" in the account settings.  

mswsettings.jpg.6a9383c620f21473a2da500fc396cb82.jpg

Kind regards, Herby

Hi Herby,

I think i know you 😛

When you open that page what you are showing now you see account settings.

Open that and on the left at te bottem you see signature.

Sjors

21 hours ago, Sjors said:

Hi Herby,

I think i know you 😛

Hi Sjors,

I think I know hou too  :)

The page you see is what I get after clicking "acount settings".  I think I need new spectacles, for I don't see "signature", only a list of 7 options starting with "Overview" en ending with "Content view Behavior" :(  So where did they hide "Signature"?

Greetings,

Herby

• 1 month later...

Herby,

Did you ever sort out the problem with not being able to find the signature option? I've just joined and can't find it in account settings either.  Have tried on different devices are browsers too.

thanks