US Brig Syren by Augie - FINISHED - Model Shipways - 1:64

have a nice break

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Be sure you close the door behind you otherwise they are steeling the Syren from you….. :(

Have a nice break and enjoy !

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Edited by Sjors

Augie,

Have a safe and enjoyable trip.

Regards,

Larry

----------------------------------------------------

Current Build

US Brig Niagara

Completed Builds

George W Washburn - 1890 Tugboat

Future Builds

18th Century Longboat by MS

HM Cutter Cheerful

Wappen Von Hamburg by Corel

If your not making mistakes, your not challenging yourself – my life has been full of challenges :)

Just got back - and now you're off - travel safe Augie!

hamilton

current builds: Corel HMS Bellona (1780); Admiralty models Echo cross-section (semi-scratch)

previous builds: MS Phantom (scuttled, 2017); MS Sultana (1767); Corel Brittany Sloop (scuttled, 2022); MS Kate Cory; MS Armed Virginia Sloop (in need of a refit); Corel Flattie; Mamoli Gretel; Amati Bluenose (1921) (scuttled, 2023); AL San Francisco (destroyed by land krakens [i.e., cats]); Corel Toulonnaise (1823); 
MS Glad Tidings (1937) (in need of a refit)HMS Blandford (1719) from Corel HMS GreyhoundFair Rosamund (1832) from OcCre Dos Amigos (missing in action); Amati Hannah (ship in a bottle); Mamoli America (1851)Bluenose fishing schooner (1921) (scratch); Off-Centre Sailing Skiff (scratch)

under the bench: MS Emma C Barry; MS USS Constitution; MS Flying Fish; Corel Berlin; a wood supplier Colonial Schooner Hannah; Victory Models H.M.S. Fly; CAF Models HMS Granado; MS USS Confederacy

Salute Commodore,

I had seen it somewhere at the web, I have searched it again but I have failed...

It had seemed to me different, intersting and beautiful...

I am mentioning about a stand that holds a model ship...

I don't know how to produce it but I try to describe it...

In the display case there is a thin plane which simulates perfectly the sea with colors, agitations and waves...

The model is into this thin plane which encloses the hull at the level of the water line...

Above and below of this level there is nothing, only air... The model is held by this plane...

It's possible to see all details of the hull being even below the plane, through the glass of the display case...

My apologizes for the intervention and the long text but I wanted to share this idea...

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Under construction: Frigate Berlin (Brandenburg Navy)

Hope: Frigate Wappen Von Hamburg (Brandenburg Navy)

98 pages to go, come on im sure we can drag this out

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

I'm late as usual, still you'll read this when you get back mate, hope you had a great trip and caught plenty, bet you didn't turn your back to any Mooses out there. ;)

I hope you went to a different place where the moose speak a different language to the fish, remembering last time you went they gave up their oldest just so you could say you caught one. :D  :D

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

What I have mentioned above is not just that but like that...

The link can give an idea...

http://www.traditionalenterprises.com/services/cabinetry/ship-model-display-cabinet/custom-ship-model-display-cabinet.html

post-2145-0-31020600-1375899408_thumb.jpg

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

No that is my shipwreck or the remains of my first 3 models. :D  :D  :D

Current Builds - 18th Century Longboat, MS Syren

Completed Builds - MS Bluenose, Panart BatteStation Cross section, Endevour J Boat Half Hull, Windego Half Hull, R/C T37 Breezing Along, R/C Victoria 32, SolCat 18

On the shelf - Panart San Felipe, Euromodel Ajax, C.Mamoli America, 

Its a sailor's Life for me! :10_1_10:

Yikes... That case would need a room to it's own.   

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

it is quite beautiful though..........the admiral has been lurking in the online yard sales that have sprung up  {I've never seen them before}.

she has found a couple of really nice cabinets........but the idea of the double doors ruins the view inside.    now if she could find some old meat cases........or even old store display cases.........now that would be cool!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

I had only wanted to share the idea applied in the display case but not the cabinet itself... m0739.gif

A model ship suspended into a simulated sea plane, the visible hull below the water line...

The case can be made in acceptable dimensions...

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

it's a wonderful concept Ferit..........it would probably be better built into the wall with light wired direct.   I can see that as a very nice corner hutch.......or one that would line a wall  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Gentlemen - If you have the opportunity to go to the Exhibit at Preble Hall you will find several cabinets like this one that are over 100 yrs old! They are quite beautiful.

Completed Builds - MS Bluenose, Panart BatteStation Cross section, Endevour J Boat Half Hull, Windego Half Hull, R/C T37 Breezing Along, R/C Victoria 32, SolCat 18

Hi everyone.  I'm back and have some catching up to do.  That case above is incredible.  New room ..... I'd need a new house :D  :D

Nothing that elaborate planned.

OK time to get back to normal.  My case isn't here yet so I'll just enjoy everyone else's progress.

Oh, fishing stunk but we did get a few.  And we always look forward to that trip.  It's a riot ----- trust me :)

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

But it's really not about fishing, is it?  The fishing is the excuse. :)   Good to see you back, Augie.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Oh, fishing stunk but we did get a few.  And we always look forward to that trip.  It's a riot ----- trust me :)

A few what, exactly Augie? :P Somehow I don't think Mrs Augie would agree with those last coupla words!!! :P

to get a bite.......or to get bitten.........isn't outdoor life great!  :)

100 more........and I can sit with you and Sjors  ;)

Edited by popeye the sailor

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Welcome home my friend !

Hope you have a great time.

And you catch something/ Maybe fish or a few extra spiders or maybe a moose ????

Sorry, can not help it  :)  ^_^

You see that your log is still running when you are not there.

Maybe they want to have 1000 pages ?

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Thanks for the homecoming!  I miss seeing what's going on around here.

The targeted species was rainbow trout and, although we saw plenty, they seemed to be more interested in watching our version of the 'Fly Fishing Comedy Show' then in coming home with us and hanging on the wall.  It will now take a week to recover from treating these old bones like they were 35 again.

Just checked with ME and my case is in-transit so we should get back to work soon.  No Sjors, don't wish 1,000 pages on anyone!!!!!!

Looking forward to Popeye movin' on up :)

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Welcome back Sir!

And all you people moving on to the Commode.. I mean, er  Commodores table.

From where I sit, it is wayyyyyyyyyy over there.    That is fine though - all us cool kids sit over here anyway :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

-Adam

-Adam

Current Builds

Santa Maria - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

MayFlower - Model Shipways (5/32"=1') POB
Blue Shadow - Mamoli Revolutionary War Brigantine. (Fict) (1:64) POB (Recommissioned as the Kara June)

On The Shelf Waiting so Patiently

USRC Ranger - Corel (1:50) POB

18th Century Longboat - Model Shipways (1:4) POF

La Nina - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

U.S Brig Syren - Model Shipways (1:64) POB

Completed Builds

Phantom NY Pilot Boat - Model Shipways (1:96) Solid Hull

Decommissioned Builds
(Time and conditions were not good to these. They have been cancelled =( )

Willie L Bennett - Model Shipways (1:32) POF
USRC Harriet Lane - Model Shipways (1:128) Solid Hull

Hi Augie..... Nice to see you back, hope it was a relaxing getaway :P , I know those fish can exhaust you some time :D ... thanks for look'n

in on the Supply.

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Hi Augie..... Nice to see you back, hope it was a relaxing getaway :P , I know those fish can exhaust you some time :D ... thanks for look'n

in on the Supply.

Frank

Following your Supply is one of my greatest pleasure, Frank.  Glad you're back at her. 

Too bad your anchors look so old and beat up  :D  :D  :P  :D  :D

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Seems to me it wasn't so long ago we were wondering if this log would hit 80 pages? Augie you are such a social butterfly! Its good to have you back. but I doubt your log missed you. It seems to have a life of its own.

Welcome home Augie - now back to work!!

hamilton

current builds: Corel HMS Bellona (1780); Admiralty models Echo cross-section (semi-scratch)

previous builds: MS Phantom (scuttled, 2017); MS Sultana (1767); Corel Brittany Sloop (scuttled, 2022); MS Kate Cory; MS Armed Virginia Sloop (in need of a refit); Corel Flattie; Mamoli Gretel; Amati Bluenose (1921) (scuttled, 2023); AL San Francisco (destroyed by land krakens [i.e., cats]); Corel Toulonnaise (1823); 
MS Glad Tidings (1937) (in need of a refit)HMS Blandford (1719) from Corel HMS GreyhoundFair Rosamund (1832) from OcCre Dos Amigos (missing in action); Amati Hannah (ship in a bottle); Mamoli America (1851)Bluenose fishing schooner (1921) (scratch); Off-Centre Sailing Skiff (scratch)

under the bench: MS Emma C Barry; MS USS Constitution; MS Flying Fish; Corel Berlin; a wood supplier Colonial Schooner Hannah; Victory Models H.M.S. Fly; CAF Models HMS Granado; MS USS Confederacy