RGL

SMS Seydlitz by Canute, Cog and RGL (anyone can join) - Hobbyboss - 1/350

9 hours ago, cog said:

yups, but you are from Irish stock ... ah ... you don't have humour ...? :P;) 

Nah... no "humour" here in the States.  OTOH, we have "humor"...    I know... hat and coat..  coat_32.png.205908c26e9e2c84a0ce03b80f108512.png

4 hours ago, RGL said:

One of my ancestors was transported to Australia for Bigamy, I reckon he would have been relieved. 

One of mine was also sent to Australia from Clonmel Ireland for being a political insurgent but escaped in 1791 from Botany Bay with William & Mary Bryant after stealing the governor's 6-oar cutter, sailing 3,250 miles to Timor.  

Edited by Jack12477

So I do t know how I’m going to pull it off yet, but I’ve bought quite a few sets of these 1/700 blocks for the rigging. 

I lived in Timor for 6 months in 2001/02, some of it would not have changed since the 1800’s. 

0D2BA1D8-26D6-473E-996F-941202F4C0D0.jpeg

Edited by RGL

1 hour ago, mtaylor said:

Have an LOL for your LOL.  :P    I'm just lazy sometimes.

And you've spent enough time in the military to be indoctrinated (should I say brainwashed?) into the use of acronyms. We had an acronym for almost everything, and that's no joke.

1 hour ago, mtaylor said:

I'm just lazy sometimes.

Sometimes? I'm pretty much lazy ALL of the time!

3 minutes ago, CDW said:

We had an acronym for almost everything

I am almost certain that somewhere in military usage there is an acronym for acronym!

TLAs, FLAs etc   (Three Letter Acronyms, Four Letter Acronyms ...)  :)    When we went to a particular deployment back in the early 90s, one of the first things handed over by the USN was a book of Acronyms (A4 paper, double sided and over 2 inches thick!)

cheers

Pat

Edited by BANYAN

After 9-11-2001, the US saw the need to implement COOP (continuity of operations) and COG (continuity of government) plans across the entire united states. Every state and local government organization are required to have up to date and current COOP-COG plans in place and to have personnel who are trained and qualified to run (ICS) incident command system structure/systems. Part of the US government's overarching plans include an acronym "bible" which every local and state government must utilize to ensure we all speak the same language and can understand one another.  

Edited by CDW

Geeze I wish. I’ve got a lot on this month. I’ve got to put the ringols on first anyways. There is a lot of extra detail to put on this one even with the aftermarket. 

Canute shows just how much detail there is, so additionally I’ll do individual stanchions, (the Tamiya metal set will be fine as it’s got two railings, there is a ship’s bell on the forward funnel, and lots of little bits and pieces that be used to enhance it. A lot from spares but it needs a large amount of rigging blocks. 

I photocopied the drilling template so when I stuff it up or pour something on it I have an emergency. 

2EAD525B-797D-4473-9482-D2640CD0A461.jpeg

It's fun watching you guys tackle this ship with all the upgrade parts. To be honest, it looks rather intimidating at 1:350 scale. This could be a very long term build if I was the one doing it. The rigging for the torpedo nets looks particularly daunting.

So, using the template from the instructions, I’ve drilled the holes for the torpedo net booms. 

2 things, the scale in the instructions are out. Regardless you’ll have to use them as the torpedo nets will be the same scale. 

The port side side template is also different to the kits placement of the hull cannons and alignment. 

Finally, the rubbish carbide .3mm drill bits will not cut into plastic as apparently they are for cleaning printer nozzles. I need to find a decent source. 

2EC6551A-97B7-4DC8-B507-FFA8398EE6A0.jpeg

01DBF9DD-88C3-4F6D-83C3-FE0C6E81E8AC.jpeg

0DCF6F7B-F47A-4E1D-8AC6-7D054E3323DB.jpeg