HMS Pegasus 1776 by Trussben - 1:48 - Swan-class sloop based on TFFM

While trying to make the Quarter piece blanks, I deamed it a good idea to mark out where the Quarter badges would be so there would be no interference between them, so here is the beautiful QB that I commissioned from David Antscherl.

B6C1A5CA-840B-4BFC-A114-A9A6EBD81268.thumb.jpeg.c4f3474c307415b86bc4fdd9f080cb39.jpeg

That quarter badge is gorgeous.  Any other carvings on the horizon?

Toni

Chairman Nautical Research Guild

Member Nautical Research and Model Society

Member Midwest Model Shipwrights

Current Builds:     NRG Rigging Project

Completed Builds: Longboat - 1:48 scale       HMS Atalanta-1775 - 1:48 scale       Half Hull Planking Project      Capstan Project     Swallow 1779 - 1:48 scale               Echo Cross Section   

Gallery:  Hannah - 1:36 scale.

Well that carving is certainly matches the quality of your work. Congratulations on owning an original Antscherl piece of art!

Edited by dvm27

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

moderator Echo Cross-section build
Admiralty Models Cross-section Build

Finished build
Pegasus, 1776, cross-section

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

The badge is really a masterpiece.

Regards Christian

Current build: HM Cutter Alert, 1777; HM Sloop Fly, 1776 - 1/36

On the drawing board: English Ship Sloops Fly, 1776, Comet, 1783 and Aetna, 1776; Naval Cutter Alert, 1777

Paused: HMS Triton, 1771 - 1/48

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." Salvador Dali

14 hours ago, tlevine said:

That quarter badge is gorgeous.  Any other carvings on the horizon?

Hopefully David will agree to complete the rest of the carvings for the model.

• 3 weeks later...

Some progress

The taffrail capping pieces on both sides were completed and then I started work on the Quarter Piece blanks - fitting to the hull shape takes time - the extra meat left on these is for the relief carvings that will be added to them - the one you see in the picture is the 4th test piece and I’m sure there will be more!

04FBB1FA-B79F-45B7-B781-C387CA39C342.thumb.jpeg.80546d801fbccd0920fc5ae134b12e64.jpeg756BB8F9-7400-4B3C-9AD1-9952F33D7551.thumb.jpeg.cb470179f64fe2d22a80370dbfa57c98.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Ben, a friend pointed me to your lovely build. I am now following along here, as well as on your Winnie build.

JD

Current build: Schooner Mary Day (scratch)

Previous builds:  Model Shipways Pride of Baltimore 2, Amati HMS Endeavour, Midwest Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack, Bluejacket America, Midwest Sharpie Schooner

• 3 months later...

Move?

Toni

Chairman Nautical Research Guild

Member Nautical Research and Model Society

Member Midwest Model Shipwrights

Current Builds:     NRG Rigging Project

Completed Builds: Longboat - 1:48 scale       HMS Atalanta-1775 - 1:48 scale       Half Hull Planking Project      Capstan Project     Swallow 1779 - 1:48 scale               Echo Cross Section   

Gallery:  Hannah - 1:36 scale.

Beautiful work! That looks so good with the pear(?) deck beams. Good luck with your move.

JJ

Current Builds: HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 - 5th rate 32 gun frigate (on hold for now)

HMS Portland 1770 Prototype 1:48 - 4th rate 50 gun ship

Excellent work Ben. I hope the move goes well!

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Current Builds: Speedwell

Completed Build Logs:  HMS Winchelsea 1/48   Duchess of Kingston USF Confederacy , US Brig Syren , Triton Cross Section , Bomb Vessel Cross SectionCutter CheerfulQueen Anne Barge, Medway Longboat

Completed Build Gallery: Brig Syren , 1870 Mississippi Riverboat , 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Runabout

• 8 months later...

So the move is completed, I'm working on getting my new workshop together - BOTH Pegasus and Winnie survived the move with no apparent damage ( better result than my last move ).

• The title was changed to HMS Pegasus 1776 by Trussben - 1:48 - Swan-class sloop based on TFFM