OK.  I have come to the conclusion that Amalio isn't building this model himself at all.   I believe that there are 1 inch tall boat-wrights that build this model in the middle of the night.  I'm sure that I see there tiny foot prints in the sanding dust.  That's what it has to be!!  No one can work that precise in that scale!!!  :default_wallbash:

Finally I see that he is human did you all see the blobs of glue. Phew! and sanding dust too. now my question is how do you clean up the glue with the clamps in the way, or do you do that later?

As always superb model making.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Good morning.
I use a lot to remove the tail, these circular brushes from Dremel. When two hours have passed after having glued. There are corners where it does not arrive and you have to take it into account so that it does not overflow in those places.
It is necessary to put the machine at the lowest possible speed so as not to burn the nylon of the brush.

IMG_5486.JPG

IMG_5485.JPG

AMALIO

18 hours ago, michael mott said:

Finally I see that he is human

Or it could be just a trick to make us THINK he's human! All the while he's operating with those 8 arms :)

Am I understanding you Amalio that you remove the dried glue with the nylon brushes turning very slowly? I've never heard of removing PVA glue that way and I've been using it for too many years. Interesting.

I use the same method as Amalio, same nylon brushes (discovered it by accident), and it works great! Especially on half-dried glue.

It is just much faster and simpler than water. But water works better in tight areas, for sure. Especially water plus scraping with some xacto blade.

Edited by Mike Y

We can open any of your pictures and Just stay there for a Lot of time, mesmerized by your workmanship. I only dream to be as good some day. You're an artist for sure.

Amalio,

Crisp and clean as usual. Beautiful work! 

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry